Pmid 703c Compatable roms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pmid 703c Compatable roms.

Recently I purchased a pmid703c from Biglots for about 98 dollars plus tax. The original rom that came with the device was what I expected from a ICS device. I upgraded the device using the ST updates and found it also nice but a bit Windows 8ish... I googled a bit and found this thread along with a few others..

I did some research on the Allwinner A1x devices and read about the ability to boot from USB built in. In short it makes them almost brick-proof. With this information in mind I began experimenting with what A1x Roms will work on the device.

I found at least one MOMO9 rom (Ployer ) (TRAGiDY-A13-HYPER-JELLY-404C-MALI) that is highly compatible with the 703c and functioned extremely well. It also included it's own recovery tool similar to CMR.

I did manage to get a DCPAD2121 Rom to load but it boot looped. I am sure that with a bit of tinkering it could work reasonably well.

[email protected]'s Excellent work in bringing the CM9 and CM10 to the 702c is also very compatible with the 703c.

I tried various onda roms with the 703 but never got any to load using Livesuit.

I hope this helps some adventurous new owners of the PMID 703c. I would love to hear about other a1x Roms that have managed to get loaded on this wonderful device.
    Last edited by JonChance; 09-01-2012, 02:17.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
    It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
    The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

How to recognize drivers on win 7 x64 or x86?

Originally posted by JonChance View Post
    Recently I purchased a pmid703c from Biglots for about 98 dollars plus tax. The original rom that came with the device was what I expected from a ICS device. I upgraded the device using the ST updates and found it also nice but a bit Windows 8ish... I googled a bit and found this thread along with a few others..

I did some research on the Allwinner A1x devices and read about the ability to boot from USB built in. In short it makes them almost brick-proof. With this information in mind I began experimenting with what A1x Roms will work on the device.

I found at least one MOMO9 rom (Ployer ) (TRAGiDY-A13-HYPER-JELLY-404C-MALI) that is highly compatible with the 703c and functioned extremely well. It also included it's own recovery tool similar to CMR.

I did manage to get a DCPAD2121 Rom to load but it boot looped. I am sure that with a bit of tinkering it could work reasonably well.

[email protected]'s Excellent work in bringing the CM9 and CM10 to the 702c is also very compatible with the 703c.

I tried various onda roms with the 703 but never got any to load using Livesuit.

I hope this helps some adventurous new owners of the PMID 703c. I would love to hear about other a1x Roms that have managed to get loaded on this wonderful device.

Hi, i ve a polaroid pmid703dc and when i wanto to flash it with the firmware the driver isnt recognized, so at admin device section appears "USB Device(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8)" with the yellow triangale, i ve tried too with many drivers but it still unrecognized when attach te mini usb at the computer. A help to this would be very great. Thx in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eiskrieger View Post
      Hi, i ve a polaroid pmid703dc and when i wanto to flash it with the firmware the driver isnt recognized, so at admin device section appears "USB Device(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8)" with the yellow triangale, i ve tried too with many drivers but it still unrecognized when attach te mini usb at the computer. A help to this would be very great. Thx in advance.
      Ya, the device manager reports that-If the LiveSuit software successfully flashes, you can ignore it (mine does that too, but works just fine).
      https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
        Ya, the device manager reports that-If the LiveSuit software successfully flashes, you can ignore it (mine does that too, but works just fine).
        Then the firmware that i has maybe isnt the correct? or the pressing buttons arent the correct.
        Where can i download the momoo 9 III A13 for free?
        Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Eiskrieger View Post
          Then the firmware that i has maybe isnt the correct? or the pressing buttons arent the correct.
          Where can i download the momoo 9 III A13 for free?
          Greetings
          No idea...
          https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Working...
          X