Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help with PMID701C recovery, etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help with PMID701C recovery, etc...

I have tried using kkromkit multiple times on pretty much all of the firmwares and it installs an older version of the recovery and lists the device as telcast even after clicking the correct device. It also doesnt see my external sd card, only the internal. I am now using Onda's 4.0.3 and have auto-rotation problems, flips the opposite direction that I am holding it, and on 4.0.4 I have issues downloading apps, it works fine at first, then all of a sudden every package file is either invalid or compiled incorrectly. I honestly want to be able to use the recovery and flash a custom rom, even if it does not change the kernel, but i think I would be able to settle with a correctly working ICS, at least for now. Any help with any of these problems would be much appreciated, and just in case any one was going to say it, i have searched this forum, I have searched google, etc, etc, etc... for the answers, idk maybe I'm just not good at finding things, maybe it's not there, but either way that is why I am posting it here. Thank you to anyone and everyone for any time and/or help.

Originally posted by shifty View Post
    I am now using Onda's 4.0.3 and have auto-rotation problems, flips the opposite direction that I am holding it
    I'm not quite sure this tip will help as I'm pretty sure Polaroid's are an AllWinner chipset but from my experiences Rockchip chipsets we have a setting in /system/build.prop called ro.sf.hwrotation=XX and depending on the value (0,90,180,270) it offsets the screen rotation to the physical orientation of the device. So I'm not quite sure how applicable this is try it and post you results, And I hope someone more knowledgeable can sort out your problems or point you in the right direction.
    NextBook 7 Premium -S/N 0911 Running one of Many Finless Bob's Roms found here!

Yuandao/Window N101T (Model 1:2nd Batch) Running Finless Bob's 1.6 Rom kernel# 26
    Found Here

ZTE Score (X500) running a rooted stock rom.

Comment

I am now using Onda's 4.0.3 and have auto-rotation problems, flips the opposite direction that I am holding it, and on 4.0.4 I have issues downloading apps, it works fine at first, then all of a sudden every package file is either invalid or compiled incorrectly.
      There are two versions of the ICS rom for Onda (v1 & v5). If you haven't already, you might try flashing the other version with livesuite. It solved the rotation problem on my 701i.

Comment

I have tried using kkromkit multiple times on pretty much all of the firmwares and it installs an older version of the recovery and lists the device as telcast even after clicking the correct device. It also doesnt see my external sd card, only the internal. I am now using Onda's 4.0.3 and have auto-rotation problems, flips the opposite direction that I am holding it, and on 4.0.4 I have issues downloading apps, it works fine at first, then all of a sudden every package file is either invalid or compiled incorrectly. I honestly want to be able to use the recovery and flash a custom rom, even if it does not change the kernel, but i think I would be able to settle with a correctly working ICS, at least for now. Any help with any of these problems would be much appreciated, and just in case any one was going to say it, i have searched this forum, I have searched google, etc, etc, etc... for the answers, idk maybe I'm just not good at finding things, maybe it's not there, but either way that is why I am posting it here. Thank you to anyone and everyone for any time and/or help.
        The Onda tablets have 2 different hardware versions, V1 and V5. The most noteable difference is that the screen will rotate upside down from your point of view. Best option so far has been to reflash with the correct ROM (if you tried V1 download and try V5). I have heard that it is possible to fix from Shawn Busker, but I don't believe that he mentioned how he did it. I know I tried the hwrotation fix and was not able to get it to work, but might have been doing something wrong at the time (one problem with that approch is that the file you need to change is in the RAMdisk so you can change it on the fly, but when you reboot it will go back because you only changed the RAM version).
        A few thigs on the KKROMKIT, last I saw it would only work on the Gingerbread versions of the ROM, not the ICS. when last I tried using it it was performing exactly as you described, and the author of it had not updated anything for some time. I would tend to guess that the project was abandoned. So far some of the better recovery options I have seen have used things like ADB and/or Titanium Backup to just backup the user specific apps. There is still some additional setup that would need to be done to make them work over a flat restoreable image of the whole thing, but not too bad.

Comment

Just to let you know, I got KKRomKit9.apk installed on my 701C running ICS, and it installed CWM-based Recovery v5.5.0.4 from killer klink
          I have flashed CM10 to my 701C..I don't remember where I found it, but I can upload it if you'd like to try it.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses, I just found a kkromkit9, im going to try it and see what recovery it does give me, if it's the wrong one again it would be great if you could post the one you have, in that case i will reply here again to let you know. To the first reply about the hwrotation, i went into my build.prop and the line isnt even there. About the v1 and v5 thing, i actually used the build i have previously and it worked, confusing... haven't tried much else of now, but since i'm on ics im going to give kkromkit9 a try and hopefully install cm10 and solve my problems, idk. Thanks for the replies.

So now i used the kkromkit9 i found and it installed the right recovery, but it still doesn't have the external sd card... anyways i put all the cm10 files on the actual tab and installed it that way, now it's working... Except for wifi, is there a fix for that?
            Last edited by shifty; 09-13-2012, 04:54.

Comment

Working...
            X