Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I do / how can I hack a Polaroid PMID 709KB ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I do / how can I hack a Polaroid PMID 709KB ?

I've had a Polaroid 705X for over a year now and I think I've rooted it (to the extent that I can alter the HOSTS file to prevent in-app advertising and ads / click-tracking while browsing) but I think there are still some things the OS isin't letting me do.

I recently bought a 709KB and was wondering how similar these tablet are. The 705 is running android 4.0.4, baseband version 1.5.0.7, build number a702Polaroidv1.5.0.7 20120828.

The 709 is running android 4.1.1, build number BN03.01.002.014.01.

What are my hacking options with this 709 tablet?

You know, I can post a question about windows 98 on usenet, and start a thread that could last for a week and involve a dozen people.

But ask a question here about a mass-market android tablet, and all you'll get is nothing.

If we want there to be a thriving underground culture with regard to hacking and enabling these tablets to be "all that they can be", we need to share what we know about them.

Comment

Part of the problem too is Polaroid themselves. They change model numbers like we change underwear-sometimes they're the exact same hardware specs between models, but many times they're not, which makes it quite maddening to keep up with custom ROMs
      https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Working...
      X