Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to root a Polaroid V7. Is it even possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to root a Polaroid V7. Is it even possible?

First I would like to thank anyone that takes the time to read this. I have successfully rooted and flashed phones in the past but no such luck with this tablet.
    It is a Polaroid V7 that I found brand new in the box. It was under the drivers seat of a rental car.
    It's running 4.1.1.
    FCC ID:RBD-M7021
    BN:JRO03C-20130828 (If I can provide any more helpful information or specs please just ask)

I have spent hours searching for any information but it seems that I'm the only person to ever have one of these. The Polaroid site barely mentions this tablet at all. I do realize this tablet isn't the greatest.
    My purpose of posting here is to hopefully get pointed in the right direction or finally accept the fact that this tablet just isn't supported at all.
    On FCCID.net I found this tablet is also the same exact product as tablets model# M7021, V7, PMID722, EM710, and ST7. I searched everywhere but none of these model numbers were mentioned on the internet that was at all helpful. If, and that's a big IF, I find another tablet with the same exact specs can I follow the rooting instructions for that tablet?
    I only want to remove some bloatware and maybe install a recovery. I'm open to any suggestions and willing to take any advice. Thank you.
Working...
X