Polaroid PMID 4312 Stuck In Logon Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaroid PMID 4312 Stuck In Logon Screen

My Polaroid PMID 4312 which is like my 4311 but has Jellybean instead of ICS is goofing up on me. Yesterday when I went to turn it on it got stuck in the turn on screen. It says Polaroid and then below it this little round symbol just goes around and around and is stuck. So I let the battery in it die down and then I recharged it. I went to turn it back on and still the same thing of being stuck in the turn on screen like that. No reset button on it either. I sure hope it is not dying on me as I cannot afford a smartphone so this and my 4311 is what I use to get online out and about.

Anyone know what may be wrong with it and what I can do to fix it? Thanks for any info anyone may have. I don't see this size of tablet in stores anymore so I may not be able to replace it. Sigh.
    Tablets: Polaroid PMID 701i, PMID 4311, Zeki 10" tablet

"God Loves You"- Arlo Guthrie

Originally posted by cherylharrell1961 View Post
    My Polaroid PMID 4312 which is like my 4311 but has Jellybean instead of ICS is goofing up on me. Yesterday when I went to turn it on it got stuck in the turn on screen. It says Polaroid and then below it this little round symbol just goes around and around and is stuck. So I let the battery in it die down and then I recharged it. I went to turn it back on and still the same thing of being stuck in the turn on screen like that. No reset button on it either. I sure hope it is not dying on me as I cannot afford a smartphone so this and my 4311 is what I use to get online out and about.

Anyone know what may be wrong with it and what I can do to fix it? Thanks for any info anyone may have. I don't see this size of tablet in stores anymore so I may not be able to replace it. Sigh.
    Can you reflash the original ROM to it? I don't have the device, so I can't confirm if it's *exactly* the same as the 4311 (in fact, there are a few different hardware versions of the 4311, to complicate matters).
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

I wrote Polaroid about it and they said to try the hard reset on the tablet thing, and gave me instructions on how to do it. I tried doing that but it won't let me press the on and volume up buttons at the same time. It comes on so fast and shows the boot up screen with Polaroid on it being stuck. I have no idea how to flash a rom but I suspect it won't let me do even that. So I gotta keep trying and see if I can get the hard reset on the tablet thing to work.
      Tablets: Polaroid PMID 701i, PMID 4311, Zeki 10" tablet

"God Loves You"- Arlo Guthrie

Comment

In case anyone needs it, here's the sequence to enter recovery mode (PMID4312) as I do it:

1. Turn the unit on and make sure it's awake (even if it's hung that's fine).
        2. Hold the device in left hand so pointer and middle fingers rest on the two volume buttons.
        3. With those fingers, press and hold down the two volume buttons.
        4. With the right hand, press and hold the power button.
        5. this takes a while, wait... and keep holding. (30 seconds sometimes)
        6. When the screen wakes, give it a second or two for safety, then release all three buttons.

This gives access to:

reboot
        adb update (even if USB debugging mode is turned off)
        wipe data/factory reset (wipe /data partition forces uninstall of non-system apps)
        wipe /cache partition (clears stored data ???)
        apply update from external storage (good luck, my external storage doesn't work and I think this failure is common)
        apply update from cache (useful if cache has update pushed from ADB ???)

Comment

I have a Polaroid P902B 9 inch tablet with stock Android 5.1.1 and it refuses to fully boot now. To get into recovery mode with the P902B you hold down the + volume rocker and the power button which I found from reading instructions for the S7 <eye roll>. I first tried a reboot and then tried "wipe data/reset" but this tablet just has the spinning arrow for about a minute and then - nothing. It just gives up. Seems too fragile to me. Has anyone found a remedy?
          Beelink S82 M8B MediaBox ... Android Kitkat 4.4.2 ... Vigica MX3 Air Mouse (Aerb, Sannysis) ... Logitech K400r
          SIMPLE MEDIA CENTER USING GOOGLE DRIVE
          LOGITECH K400r INSTRUCTIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ANDROID TV
          ANDROID EXTERNAL KEYBOARD SHORTCUT KEYS [DOCUMENTATION]
          NOVA LAUNCHER SET UP FOR INTERNET TV
          DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

Well, it seems I have found a remedy. My tablet gave similar problems several months ago and the common cure seems to be "DON'T LET THE BATTERY FULLY DISCHARGE!" I thought I had charged the battery "enough" but let it charge over night anyway. Next morning I started it up while still connected to the charging cord. It has worked right ever since. Now, I leave the charger plugged in whenever I am not using the tablet. I will never let the battery run low again since this generation of tablets using Android 5 goes nuts when you do!
            Beelink S82 M8B MediaBox ... Android Kitkat 4.4.2 ... Vigica MX3 Air Mouse (Aerb, Sannysis) ... Logitech K400r
            SIMPLE MEDIA CENTER USING GOOGLE DRIVE
            LOGITECH K400r INSTRUCTIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ANDROID TV
            ANDROID EXTERNAL KEYBOARD SHORTCUT KEYS [DOCUMENTATION]
            NOVA LAUNCHER SET UP FOR INTERNET TV
            DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

Working...
            X