Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just Dumped a Proscan 10.1 PLT1044 , its a AllWinner Boxchip A10, I need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bryman777 View Post
    Im not sure of where delorosparks got the files for the update.zip . I checked the files against the Rom files I had dumped from the Plt1044. The files in her update.zip are all dated 02/28/2008, The files in the zip file that I have posted are dated 10/11/2012 .
    The timestamp is meaningless - it gets changed during processing. In addition, the value you see differs depending on the tool used to view or extract the contents of the zip. Using Win XP's built-in zip viewer, everything is 2/28/08 at 21:33. Using 7zip, all the links in /system/bin show 10/11/12 at 21:46.

So im assuming there from a different tablet, because she stated the rom she used was rooted from the factory.
    No, everything except the Google apps came straight from your original dump. Later today I'm going to start a new thread about determining if your system is rooted. Can't do it now 'cause I gotta go to work

Comment

Originally posted by dolorespark View Post
      The timestamp is meaningless - it gets changed during processing. In addition, the value you see differs depending on the tool used to view or extract the contents of the zip. Using Win XP's built-in zip viewer, everything is 2/28/08 at 21:33. Using 7zip, all the links in /system/bin show 10/11/12 at 21:46.

No, everything except the Google apps came straight from your original dump. Later today I'm going to start a new thread about determining if your system is rooted. Can't do it now 'cause I gotta go to work
      Sounds Awesome , I woke up this morning and found my tab had a tiny half inch crack in the screen, and I have done nothing but baby this thing. so its back to big lots for this tab, prolly going to get a different one, I thought this tab was a good one, but it seems the screen is cheap. So more than likely I will buy another nextbook, or another brand that has a better reputation. Hopefully another 10.1 inch, but it has to have the hdmi or itsa deal breaker for me.

Peace, Many Blessings and Happy turkey day to you !!
      Bryman

Comment

is there anthoer step i missed

Originally posted by rlmiller View Post
        Yes i put PS10-system.zip on an sd, booted into recovery, chose apply update from external storage, chose PS10-system.zip and it did it's thing!
        all i get is symlinks failed

Comment

which now has caused the whole thing to stop working

Originally posted by disturb1 View Post
          all i get is symlinks failed
          it now is stuck at the proscan boot screen and reset does not do anything

Comment

ok everthing is fixed

Originally posted by disturb1 View Post
            it now is stuck at the proscan boot screen and reset does not do anything
            I went back and got both files and everthing was fine.

Thank you to everyone that was working on this

Comment

so is there any roms out already that might work stright off the bat for this

not haveing a tablet before, not sure what fun things are out to get into?

are there roms that would inprove the performance, or is there linux distro that will blow my mind so to speak?

Comment

Another pleased user here, thanking those in this thread for their work- rom install was painless and easy. While I'd someday love to see CM10 on this, just having it rooted with Google Play is perfect for now. Seems like a nice tablet- a good deal for the price

Comment

Originally posted by CharredPC View Post
                  Another pleased user here, thanking those in this thread for their work- rom install was painless and easy. While I'd someday love to see CM10 on this, just having it rooted with Google Play is perfect for now. Seems like a nice tablet- a good deal for the price
                  Do you still have the Polaroid 4311 or did you exchange it for this one? And, did GoogleDrive give you any problems this time?

Comment

Do you still have the Polaroid 4311 or did you exchange it for this one? And, did GoogleDrive give you any problems this time?
                    I still have it, but may be giving it to my son for Christmas. Saw this one and decided I wanted something I could actually type on

Yes, Google Drive gave me the same problems. I've decided to blame my router, though, so no worries.

Comment

Just wanted to do a quick follow-up on my own post. Having used the Proscan tablet for a while now, I can officially say I love it. It comes with a USB host cable (plugged a mouse, keyboard, and usb drive into it no problem), has the look and thinness of a much more expensive tablet, doesn't have the clunky plastic "frame" around the screen, but best of all for me- the battery!

I've had a couple cheaper tablets now, and this is the first one I've used where the battery actually lasts. It runs smooth, has a large bright screen, and somehow I haven't had it go dead on me once. I was stuck in a waiting room and realized that my battery was at 14%... clocked the cpu down slightly, dimmed the screen, and continued chatting online for another hour or more. When I got it home to charge it, I still had 11%. How awesome is that?

With such a slim design, I'm not sure how feasible it would be to add a Bluetooth module inside, but am tempted to try it. IMO that's the only thing missing from this tablet.

Comment

Just wanted to do a quick follow-up on my own post. Having used the Proscan tablet for a while now, I can officially say I love it. It comes with a USB host cable (plugged a mouse, keyboard, and usb drive into it no problem), has the look and thinness of a much more expensive tablet, doesn't have the clunky plastic "frame" around the screen, but best of all for me- the battery!

I've had a couple cheaper tablets now, and this is the first one I've used where the battery actually lasts. It runs smooth, has a large bright screen, and somehow I haven't had it go dead on me once. I was stuck in a waiting room and realized that my battery was at 14%... clocked the cpu down slightly, dimmed the screen, and continued chatting online for another hour or more. When I got it home to charge it, I still had 11%. How awesome is that?

With such a slim design, I'm not sure how feasible it would be to add a Bluetooth module inside, but am tempted to try it. IMO that's the only thing missing from this tablet.
                        That would probably kill battery life though. You can put Netflix 1.8.1 on it, use the iHome wireless kb/mouse big lots has and use it to watch movies on the HDTV. With the kb and mouse across the room it works great. Angry Birds is pretty wild on the big screen too.

Comment

Originally posted by rlmiller View Post
                          That would probably kill battery life though. You can put Netflix 1.8.1 on it, use the iHome wireless kb/mouse big lots has and use it to watch movies on the HDTV. With the kb and mouse across the room it works great. Angry Birds is pretty wild on the big screen too.
                          I don't have a Netflix subscription, but do watch Hulu on it (not plus). The BT would only degrade battery life if left on- I'd only use it when needed. It would be useful with one of those BT keyboard / covers I've seen available online... essentially making it a netbook

Comment

Spell checker / dictionary?

The update method described in this thread works great. Now have the latest version of Google Play working on my plt1044.

It is a great tablet for the price. Shortcoming is the lack of a decent rear camera (only a poor front facing one).

Also the spellchecker underlines all words in red. Does not seem to have a proper English dictionary installed.

Tried to use the solution suggested here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1498006 (installing 2 new keyboad/dictionary files and renaming the old one).

But after trying that the keyboard did not work at all any more (did not even come up).

Anybody else got any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBlack View Post
                              the spellchecker underlines all words in red. Does not seem to have a proper English dictionary installed. Tried to use the solution suggested here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1498006 (installing 2 new keyboad/dictionary files and renaming the old one). But after trying that the keyboard did not work at all any more (did not even come up).
                              Use your original LatinIME.apk with the new LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk. That's what I have and the spellchecker works.

Comment

Use your original LatinIME.apk with the new LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk. That's what I have and the spellchecker works.
                                I put the LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk in system/app and rebooted. No change. This new file is only 123K. Don't think it holds a dictionary. Tried installing the .apk but it won't install.

Comment

Working...
                                X