Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED September 20, 2013!![ROM]Elektricity ROM (703C)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
    Curious...how come you didn't install the .041 ROM?

I wanna try with the "stable" version first...will surely try with 0.41 anytime soon

Comment

Gotcha.

Originally posted by PTAB7X View Post
      I wanna try with the "stable" version first...will surely try with 0.41 anytime soon
      https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Gotcha.

I installed 0.41 on the PTAB7XC, here issues i have, all related to Google Services :

Google Map :

When i star Google Map, GPS localisation dont works (just show the north american map) and say that "it works better with the Google Play Services". It redirected meo Google Play, i installed the services and reboot. Problem stay the same after that when i relaunched Google Map.

Google Play Services apps :

When i go in the Services setting (its a green G icon), all options say " temporarily unavailable, please try again later"

Google Play - Delete an unwanted applications :

Before, a little "x" was there on the application name, so i was able to delete the applications i dont want , and it wont show up anymore in my account.

Now, i dont know if it's related to this version but i cant located the "x" anymore. There's couple application i dont need but there stuck on my Google i can't delete them. (note: there are erased on the tablet but not on google account)

Youtube official app :

Installation is fine, page is loading, but got an "error" when i try to log in my account. Since Youtube = Google, i could be related to the previous issues i have with Google Play Services (???)

All the rest if working great, and its pretty fast !

Note: in version 0.31 all Google Services was working. In 0.41 something make them non functionnal, and they were no installed per default.
        Last edited by PTAB7X; 11-03-2013, 14:18.

Comment

Originally posted by PTAB7X View Post
          I installed 0.41 on the PTAB7XC, here issues i have, all related to Google Services :

Google Map :

When i star Google Map, GPS localisation dont works (just show the north american map) and say that "it works better with the Google Play Services". It redirected meo Google Play, i installed the services and reboot. Problem stay the same after that when i relaunched Google Map.

Google Play Services apps :

When i go in the Services setting (its a green G icon), all options say " temporarily unavailable, please try again later"

Google Play - Delete an unwanted applications :

Before, a little "x" was there on the application name, so i was able to delete the applications i dont want , and it wont show up anymore in my account.

Now, i dont know if it's related to this version but i cant located the "x" anymore. There's couple application i dont need but there stuck on my Google i can't delete them. (note: there are erased on the tablet but not on google account)

Youtube official app :

Installation is fine, page is loading, but got an "error" when i try to log in my account. Since Youtube = Google, i could be related to the previous issues i have with Google Play Services (???)

All the rest if working great, and its pretty fast !

Note: in version 0.31 all Google Services was working. In 0.41 something make them non functionnal, and they were no installed per default.
          The only think I changed from 0.31 to 0.41 on this tablet was that I added some init.d scripts and updated BusyBox. I'd reflash and try again.

Comment

Originally posted by s'pht View Post
            I just tried installing 0.40 on a 701c today (this was a different 701c, I used to have 3 but I only have 2 now - one was replaced by a 704):
            • installed firmware with format option
            • added wifi credentials
            • added google account
            • went to play store and updated the stuff that was there
            • installed hangouts
            • loaded it:
              • "Google Play Services, which some of your applications rely on, is not supported by your device. Please contact the manufacturer for assistance."

• rebooted the device
            • same error on launching hangouts
            • Installed Google Play services_3.2.25 (761454-36)
            • same error on launching hangouts
            • Install of play store 4.3.11 fails: Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES] (I expect this means the play store in the ROM isn't signed with the official keys so it can't be updated in-place)
            • Used TiBu to remove Play Store 3.5.16 (8011016)
            • Same error installing play store 4.3.11, must need a reboot
            • rebooted device
            • Installed Play Store 4.3.11 (8023011) yay!
            • Hangouts works fine, logs in and I can send/receive messages.
            • EDIT: and don't forget to move both to /system using TiBu or you'll get force closes with Play Store all the time.
            I think the Google Play and Google Service was updated / changed between 0.31 and 0.41, thats why i got all kind of weird issues on my side

Comment

I just did the following with my PTAB7XC:

totally erase the device (flashing software asked between upgrade or format which have an impact i think)

Installed stable version 0.31

(note when i did my "upgrade" from an old 100% working rom (see my post when you asked why i didnt go straight to 0.41) it was working fine, Google Services was present and functionnal, i didnt lost any apps or config when i did that)

Go to the apps
              Google Settings (AKA Google Services) ARE NOT PRESENT (no green G icon, nothing)
              Connect wifi
              Connect to Google Play account
              Download Google Map
              Open Google Map
              it says "works better with Google Services"
              Installed Google Services (which is version 3.0.25 updated on november 4th)
              Green G icon appear
              Open Google Services, it show me the same error i wrote in my previous post
              Go back to Google Play and download Youtube apps
              Open Youtube app, cant connect to account and only say "an error occured" (i also try to installed youtube first, and got the error "this app wont run without Google Play Services which are missing from your tablet"

I this point i stopped
              no other apps are install (apart from the Apex menu and build in stuff)

=====

When it was working 100% (with all google stuff also)

I UPGRADED (not format) from Elektrik Custom PMID703C_A - PMID703CPTAB7XC([ICS] Modified Stock TO 703C_elektricity_rom_v_031-STABLE

Everything was kept installed, didnt have to reinstalled all the apps and all the tablet settings was intact. The boot logo change from the color stripes to the electric bolt, thats confirm the update was done fine

When i FORMATED from 0.31 to 0.41, i have to resetup the tablet and redownload everything (i was expecting this of course), but Google Stuff its not working correctly

==== TO CONFIRM ALL THIS RAMBLING ====

I reformated to Elektrik Custom PMID703C_A - PMID703CPTAB7XC([ICS] Modified Stock

Google Services Available and Google Play functionnal (this is a older version, you can see it by its style and BONUS, i have the "X" to delete apps now Wooho!

Download Youtbe and Maps, all working fine, no error and Google Services is showing no error as well.

Then i UPGRADED TO 0.41, everything still intact and 100% functionnal
              Last edited by PTAB7X; 11-05-2013, 13:39.

Comment

Wow, my head's still hurting from that last post. It sounds like you went from elektricity ROM to modified PTAB7XC stock and had problems...? Is that the main point or did I miss something..??

Comment

Wow, my head's still hurting from that last post. It sounds like you went from elektricity ROM to modified PTAB7XC stock and had problems...? Is that the main point or did I miss something..??
                  I know in short

UPGRADING FROM : Elektrik Custom PMID703C_A - PMID703CPTAB7XC([ICS] Modified Stock

TO

703C_elektricity_rom_v_031-STABLE OR 0.41 (doesnt matter)

= All Google services and apps are 100%, the are intact from the MODIFIED version

FORMATING and installing 0.31 or 0.41

= All Googles services are NOT working (except Google Play)

The reason is simple : in the "old" Elektrik Custom PMID703C_A, Google Play and Services are an old version that keep working and you UPGRADE.

When you FORMAT, those old version are lost, and the up to date are installed + Google Services needs to be redownload from Google Play since there are NOT present

Hope this is more clear

Comment

UPDATED September 20, 2013!![ROM]Elektricity ROM (703C)

Hmm. Interesting problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Polaroid PMID701i Version number?

I just picked up one of these tablets, rooted it and installed google play, everything went well. Read this thread through and would love to install this rom which sounds great. I have a dumb question to ask first though. I don't know how to figure out whether I need to use version 10 or 13 rom. All it says on the back of the tablet is PMID701i 701C. Any ideas on how I know which one to use? My apologies in advance if I'm missing something obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by kalandry View Post
                        I just picked up one of these tablets, rooted it and installed google play, everything went well. Read this thread through and would love to install this rom which sounds great. I have a dumb question to ask first though. I don't know how to figure out whether I need to use version 10 or 13 rom. All it says on the back of the tablet is PMID701i 701C. Any ideas on how I know which one to use? My apologies in advance if I'm missing something obvious.
                        If it says 701c anywhere on the back it means you have a '10'. you should be ok to flash the version for the pmid701c but even if it doesn't work, don't worry-these tablets are pretty brick proof-you'll be able to reflash even if you get the wrong one.

Comment

If it says 701c anywhere on the back it means you have a '10'. you should be ok to flash the version for the pmid701c but even if it doesn't work, don't worry-these tablets are pretty brick proof-you'll be able to reflash even if you get the wrong one.
                          Thanks!! I did take a chance and it worked perfectly. Great job on this, it makes a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by kalandry View Post
                            Thanks!! I did take a chance and it worked perfectly. Great job on this, it makes a huge difference.
                            no problem! Necessity is the mother of invention. I created these ROMs because I had a 701C and though thee:-) must be SOME way to make these things faster!

Comment

Quickoffice, Google Calendar, Youtube issues (using PMID703c 0.41 on PTAB7XC)

Thanks for the updated ROM! Overall I have noticed that the PMID703C 0.41 rom works well with my PTAB7XC.

However, I have noticed a few persistent issues and was wondering if anyone had noticed something similar (or could suggest a work-around):

1) Google Calendar: Downloaded after adding my google account under "Accoungs & Sync" in system settings and successfully synced gmail without issues. Calendar does not sync, however, and there is a red sync icon next to my account info. This error did not occur when using the stock rom from southern telecom.

2) Quickoffice: When I first run it, it gives me a "Welcome to QuickOffice" screen with two options: Get Started or Next. When I hit "Get Started," I get a persistent error. An error box reports "no services are currently available." If I instead hit "Next," then I eventually get the "Get Started" button a second time. Again, clicking this button gives me the same error. Unlike the error with

These seem to be the only two google app-related issues that I have noticed. Other google apps (gmail, drive) work perfectly.

3) Youtube App: the latest version of the app includes a minor error. When starting the app or loading a video, a small grey error box appears stating "an error has occurred." However, the box always disappears and youtube continues as normal

The usual steps (re-starting the tab, re-installing the involved apps, re-installing the firmware) do not fix these issues, so I was hoping to get some feedback by posting these issues.

Thanks again,

Venkat

***UPDATED PMID703C (ICS)

Introducing Elektricity ROM ICS!

New in 0.41 (PMID 703C):
                              • Incorporated speed tweaks for the PMID 701c.
                              • Updated Apex Launcher
                              • Updated BusyBox
                              New in 0.40:
                              • Even more speed tweaks. The scripts I've added (Thank you Android Tweaks!) have dramatically increased the speed of this tablet.
                              New in 0.31:
                              • Even more speed tweaks.
                              • Fixed init.d not working (!!)
                              New in 0.3:
                              • Major build.prop speed tweaks to try to squeeze every ounce of performance out of our beloved Polaroid tablets.
                              • Framework speed tweaks
                              • Fixed phone.apk battery drain issue that I forgot from previous versions
                              New in 0.2:
                              • Force GPU rendering for speed (checkbox not ticked by default, even though it's enabled).
                              • Build.prop tweaks for speed
                              • Wifi tweaks
                              • Fixed gallery compatibility with picasso
                              • Incorporated LiquidLimez Google Play fixes
                              New in 0.1:
                              • Initial release

Features:

- Based on latest stock Polaroid ICS
                              - Rooted
                              - Latest Google Play installed by default.
                              - Busybox updated to latest version
                              - init.d support by default
                              - Scripts for speed added
                              - Latest CWM recovery
                              - Petrus' 'Reboot' application. Features:
                              - Reboot
                              - Power Off
                              - Reboot into CWM recovery
                              - Apex Launcher enabled as default launcher

Thanks to: 900supersport, petrus, Tattman65, Finless, LiquidLimez

Installation instructions:
                              - How to flash
                              - Choose your device and follow the instructions from this page with the exception noted below. No reason to re-invent the wheel: http://southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/updates.html
                              - In step 17., for example, if you have the PMID701C, instead of using "PMID701C_firmware_4.0.img", you'll obviously want to select "701C_elektricity_rom_v_031.img" which you downloaded.
                              - 'LET IT SIT' for a few minutes before doing anything to let the ROM "Settle".
                              - Reboot (I just added this step as a 'just in case things aren't quite working the way you want')

Problems after you flash?:

PLEASE DO NOT REPORT PROBLEMS IN THIS THREAD until you've confirmed you followed the above instructions EXACTLY. Please don't report the problem in this thread until you've tried a factory image install first to see if that cures the problem.

CHANGELOG:
                              See post #2

DOWNLOAD (New location):
                              http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ew-Location%29

Comment

Never saw Issue #1, and with Issues #2 and #3, do they happen with the stock ROM?

Originally posted by vrl2 View Post
                                Thanks for the updated ROM! Overall I have noticed that the PMID703C 0.41 rom works well with my PTAB7XC.

However, I have noticed a few persistent issues and was wondering if anyone had noticed something similar (or could suggest a work-around):

1) Google Calendar: Downloaded after adding my google account under "Accoungs & Sync" in system settings and successfully synced gmail without issues. Calendar does not sync, however, and there is a red sync icon next to my account info. This error did not occur when using the stock rom from southern telecom.

2) Quickoffice: When I first run it, it gives me a "Welcome to QuickOffice" screen with two options: Get Started or Next. When I hit "Get Started," I get a persistent error. An error box reports "no services are currently available." If I instead hit "Next," then I eventually get the "Get Started" button a second time. Again, clicking this button gives me the same error. Unlike the error with

These seem to be the only two google app-related issues that I have noticed. Other google apps (gmail, drive) work perfectly.

3) Youtube App: the latest version of the app includes a minor error. When starting the app or loading a video, a small grey error box appears stating "an error has occurred." However, the box always disappears and youtube continues as normal

The usual steps (re-starting the tab, re-installing the involved apps, re-installing the firmware) do not fix these issues, so I was hoping to get some feedback by posting these issues.

Thanks again,

Venkat

Comment

Working...
                                X