Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED September 20, 2013!![ROM]Elektricity ROM (703C)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloads?

The Elekticity ROM download page (1blu.com?) doesn't seem to be working. I get this message: "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

Are there other links?

Comment

Originally posted by hamiltonfighter View Post
      The Elekticity ROM download page (1blu.com?) doesn't seem to be working. I get this message: "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

Are there other links?
      ya there is. I gotta update the links-we switched the servers and I'm the last holdout for moving them, lol. I'll work on it today.
      https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

So far working fine and better than before.

Installed the Elektricity rom on my 701i X10 and so far so good. Zero issues with the play store, some odd errors now and then if I go on the youtube that I downloaded from the play store; but nothing major. If anything my tablet runs smoother than before other than updates through the play store and app download/installs. Now my question is how would I change the boot screen? Seen something somewhere for changing the initial boot animations that come up; would the same stuff apply here?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonwall Industries View Post
          Installed the Elektricity rom on my 701i X10 and so far so good. Zero issues with the play store, some odd errors now and then if I go on the youtube that I downloaded from the play store; but nothing major. If anything my tablet runs smoother than before other than updates through the play store and app download/installs. Now my question is how would I change the boot screen? Seen something somewhere for changing the initial boot animations that come up; would the same stuff apply here?
          Just find a bootanimation.zip you like and drop it into /system/media

Comment

? O.o;

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
            Just find a bootanimation.zip you like and drop it into /system/media
            Find? Where would I search such a wonder; and did I miss it on my way in? O.o;;;

Comment

Originally posted by Moonwall Industries View Post
              Find? Where would I search such a wonder; and did I miss it on my way in? O.o;;;
              to that I say, "Google is your friend, my dear bilbo"

Comment

ya there is. I gotta update the links-we switched the servers and I'm the last holdout for moving them, lol. I'll work on it today.
                Thanks for updating the links. The ROM is working great.

I have a question. Do you know of an easy way to disable or hide the information bar / home button? We let the toddler play with the tablet and she is condtantly pushing items on that bar. Maybe I should look into widgets? Any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by hamiltonfighter View Post
                  Do you know of an easy way to disable or hide the information bar / home button? We let the toddler play with the tablet and she is condtantly pushing items on that bar. Maybe I should look into widgets? Any recommendations?
                  There are apps that create a "sandbox" for the kids. The app hosts a home screen that you can stock with games and whatnot but can't be exited without a password. There are probably a number of these apps - I think Amazon wrote one of their own (i.e. it may be free ).

Comment

New to Polaroid tablet and live suit, just flashed this rom noticed gmail and chrome will not open. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by mickrg123 View Post
                      New to Polaroid tablet and live suit, just flashed this rom noticed gmail and chrome will not open. What am I missing?
                      chrome isn't compatible with the stock ROM either for some reason. as for gmail, are you referring to the app or the account? i use the email app with the ROM all the time...

Comment

Chrome and Gmail won't run in v02

chrome isn't compatible with the stock ROM either for some reason. as for gmail, are you referring to the app or the account? i use the email app with the ROM all the time...
                        I have the same problem. Chrome and GMail did work with the stock ICS with the google store fixes.

Now, I have to say I am extremely happy with your rom.
                        It is a night/day difference in response/speed.
                        Thanks!

So, what would be different with your ROM? I thought you said you used LiquidLimez fixes, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckTX View Post
                          I have the same problem. Chrome and GMail did work with the stock ICS with the google store fixes.

Now, I have to say I am extremely happy with your rom.
                          It is a night/day difference in response/speed.
                          Thanks!

So, what would be different with your ROM? I thought you said you used LiquidLimez fixes, correct?
                          Interesting-I *did* incorporate LiquidLimez fixes....and you say chrome works with the stock ICS? I'll have to go and flash back to stock. The only chrome I've ever gotten to work was an (old version-) v16 I think.

Comment

I had the stock rom w/google store fix

Interesting-I *did* incorporate LiquidLimez fixes....and you say chrome works with the stock ICS? I'll have to go and flash back to stock. The only chrome I've ever gotten to work was an (old version-) v16 I think.
                            I checked again, and I either used the ST rom from their site or Shawn's and the marketfix script back in May.

Chrome and gmail ran. But the system was slow overall.

I had always updated the apps since loading the marketfix script.

I tried Seeder to see if it helped w/lag and studder. I couldn't tell the difference.

Your rom is much better.

Thanks again for posting it.

I am running 701i x10. I will try my 2 701i 10's to see if they run the google apps.
                            Last edited by ChuckTX; 02-26-2013, 08:23.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckTX View Post
                              I checked again, and I either used the ST rom from their site or Shawn's and the marketfix script back in May.

Chrome and gmail ran. But the system was slow overall.

I had always updated the apps since loading the marketfix script.

I tried Seeder to see if it helped w/lag and studder. I couldn't tell the difference.

Your rom is much better.

Thanks again for posting it.

I am running 701i x10. I will try my 2 701i 10's to see if they run the google apps.
                              Ok, so I tried to install on my PMID701C and Gmail crapped out on me too. When I went into account settings though and changed it to auto sync it started working (???). Chrome didn't work though. Will try to go back to stock and see what I can find out.

Comment

elektrik, have you considered changing your base rom to the ONDA v610w Fashion's latest? It has built in Google Play support and Adobe Flash, which saves trying to hack the support back in. I found that although the LiquidLimez script would get Play running, the Google Calendar wouldn't sync with Google. It also seems to be a much more responsive rom than the stock Polaroid one.

Comment

Working...
                                X