Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED September 20, 2013!![ROM]Elektricity ROM (703C)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nabicat View Post
    elektrik, have you considered changing your base rom to the ONDA v610w Fashion's latest? It has built in Google Play support and Adobe Flash, which saves trying to hack the support back in. I found that although the LiquidLimez script would get Play running, the Google Calendar wouldn't sync with Google. It also seems to be a much more responsive rom than the stock Polaroid one.
    Are you referring to the JB base or the ICS? I ask because when I loaded the ICS base on my PMID701C I noticed the stock ROM from Polaroid was *much* faster, however I'm certainly willing to revisit as I was just learning how to unravel the ROM in the first place and may have mixed up my experiences....
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
      Are you referring to the JB base or the ICS? I ask because when I loaded the ICS base on my PMID701C I noticed the stock ROM from Polaroid was *much* faster, however I'm certainly willing to revisit as I was just learning how to unravel the ROM in the first place and may have mixed up my experiences....
      It's an ICS base, 4.0.4. I guess it must vary on hw revision and other factors, but the last ICS from Polaroid, while better than the original 701i 13 version my tab came with, was still painfully slow. The ONDA also seems to be a more polished FW. On the Polaroid FW, I was running into compatibility issues with games force closing. The same game on ONDA fw works without issues. ie. Angry Birds Star Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by nabicat View Post
        It's an ICS base, 4.0.4. I guess it must vary on hw revision and other factors, but the last ICS from Polaroid, while better than the original 701i 13 version my tab came with, was still painfully slow. The ONDA also seems to be a more polished FW. On the Polaroid FW, I was running into compatibility issues with games force closing. The same game on ONDA fw works without issues. ie. Angry Birds Star Wars.
        Ok, I'll consider it and see if I can play with it a bit. I haven't run any speed tests and I'd prefer to have some people test, so it sounds like you just volunteered to be a guinea pig :-)

Comment

Ok, I'll consider it and see if I can play with it a bit. I haven't run any speed tests and I'd prefer to have some people test, so it sounds like you just volunteered to be a guinea pig :-)
          well being a 13 leaves me out of testing since my 701 is the a10 model

Comment

Originally posted by jtintle View Post
            well being a 13 leaves me out of testing since my 701 is the a10 model
            what makes u think I'm doing the 701i 13 model first? ;-) i am downloading thr one that works for the 701c to see if what he says is true. THEN if it's faster i'll look at the 701i 13

Comment

what makes u think I'm doing the 701i 13 model first? ;-) i am downloading thr one that works for the 701c to see if what he says is true. THEN if it's faster i'll look at the 701i 13
              LOL, I think tomorrow I will push version 3 to my tab, but before doing that I'll take an Antutu Benchmark for version 2, then I'll do one for version 3, and see how they compare..

Comment

LOL, I think tomorrow I will push version 3 to my tab, but before doing that I'll take an Antutu Benchmark for version 2, then I'll do one for version 3, and see how they compare..
                ok cool! then when/if I go to the Onda firmware you can do another one to comprae to THAT one.

Comment

ok cool! then when/if I go to the Onda firmware you can do another one to comprae to THAT one.
                  Score I got was 4540, but that was with a used version 2 of your ROM, fixing to push version 3 over in a few minutes...According to the app the score beats the Samsung Galaxy S

Just tested V3 here are some stats,
                  Total Score 4694
                  CPU score 854
                  GPU score 2759
                  Ram score 603
                  I/O score 478
                  Now from the detailed report:
                  CPU Integer 695
                  CPU Float-point 159
                  2d graphics 409
                  3d graphics 2350
                  database IO 210

I'm going to do a fresh install of v2 and test it, then we can see what the changes did...If I can find the stock 4.0 img laying around I might give that a try too

Clean Version 2 test
                  Total Score 4523
                  CPU 819
                  GPU 2724
                  RAM 452
                  IO 528
                  cpu integer 656
                  cpu float-point 163
                  2d graphics 425
                  3d graphics 2299
                  Database IO 240

So the differences from v2 to v3
                  Total score +171
                  CPU +35
                  GPU +35
                  RAM +151
                  IO -50
                  cpu integer +39
                  cpu float-point -4
                  2d graphics -16
                  3d graphics +51
                  Database IO -30
                  I have an img titled 701C_ICS which I think is shawns original 4.0 ROM and 1 named 701C_ICS_Unbloated which I think is Elektric's first attempt, I'll try them both

The results from the ROM I'm pretty sure was Shawn's
                  Total Score 4138
                  CPU score 823
                  GPU score 2348
                  Ram score 540
                  I/O score 427
                  CPU Integer 665
                  CPU Float-point 158
                  2d graphics 424
                  3d graphics 1924
                  database IO 220
                  Last edited by jtintle; 03-08-2013, 17:30. Reason: new info

Comment

Strange and interesting that the IO went DOWN between versions (I'll have to take a look at my I/O tweaks)...

Comment

Ok this is the scores for the img named 701C_ICS_Unbloated, which I believe is Elektric's unbloated stock rom.

Total Score 4855
                      CPU score 870
                      GPU score 2892
                      Ram score 612
                      I/O score 481
                      CPU Integer 706
                      CPU Float-point 164
                      2d graphics 412
                      3d graphics 2480
                      database IO 240

This one is really weird, everything is better....

Comment

Just a quick question... I read the first few posts, and skimmed the rest, but didn't see any mention of upgrade flashing. What I mean is, if I just flashed Elektricity v0.2 ,and wanted to flash v0.3, will it do a complete wipe or will it maintain my apps and settings? That is, if I flash using the Polaroid Live Suite and substitute the Elektricity image.
                        Awesome ROM, and ridiculous improvement over stock!

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this was addressed somewhere and I missed it.

Comment

Re: UPDATED March 4, 2013!![ROM]Elektricity ROM

Originally posted by spikeekips View Post
                          Just a quick question... I read the first few posts, and skimmed the rest, but didn't see any mention of upgrade flashing. What I mean is, if I just flashed Elektricity v0.2 ,and wanted to flash v0.3, will it do a complete wipe or will it maintain my apps and settings? That is, if I flash using the Polaroid Live Suite and substitute the Elektricity image.
                          Awesome ROM, and ridiculous improvement over stock!

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this was addressed somewhere and I missed it.
                          It will whipe all your apps. But if you use titanium backup, I believe you can backup your apps to the external sd card and reinstall them pretty quickly, after you flash

Hey E, with v3, I've been experiencing alot of acore shutdowns, especially when using G+. Acore has to do with contacts, did you pull the contacts app out of your ROM?

Sent from my 701c using Tapatalk 2

Comment

It will whipe all your apps. But if you use titanium backup, I believe you can backup your apps to the external sd card and reinstall them pretty quickly, after you flash

Hey E, with v3, I've been experiencing alot of acore shutdowns, especially when using G+. Acore has to do with contacts, did you pull the contacts app out of your ROM?

Sent from my 701c using Tapatalk 2
                            if I did it wasn't intentionally.....
                            Last edited by elektrik; 03-19-2013, 23:16.

Comment

Backup?

I have a 701C also and love it! I'm excited to try out your rom, so I've downloaded it. Before I flash it over I wanted to ask if you know of a way to backup my current rom? I'm going to first install Titanium backup and try to get a copy of the apps, but I'd also like a flashable backup.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanman View Post
                                I have a 701C also and love it! I'm excited to try out your rom, so I've downloaded it. Before I flash it over I wanted to ask if you know of a way to backup my current rom? I'm going to first install Titanium backup and try to get a copy of the apps, but I'd also like a flashable backup.

Thanks for the help.
                                if you're looking to backup the DATA from your ROM, titanium backup works just fine. if you're backing up the ENTIRE ROM....well, I'm not aure why you'd do that since southern telecom has a stock image....?

Comment

Working...
                                X