Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED September 20, 2013!![ROM]Elektricity ROM (703C)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATED September 20, 2013!![ROM]Elektricity ROM (703C)

***UPDATED PMID703C (ICS)

Introducing Elektricity ROM ICS!

New in 0.41 (PMID 703C):
    • Incorporated speed tweaks for the PMID 701c.
    • Updated Apex Launcher
    • Updated BusyBox

New in 0.40:
    • Even more speed tweaks. The scripts I've added (Thank you Android Tweaks!) have dramatically increased the speed of this tablet.

New in 0.31:
    • Even more speed tweaks.
    • Fixed init.d not working (!!)

New in 0.3:
    • Major build.prop speed tweaks to try to squeeze every ounce of performance out of our beloved Polaroid tablets.
    • Framework speed tweaks
    • Fixed phone.apk battery drain issue that I forgot from previous versions

New in 0.2:
    • Force GPU rendering for speed (checkbox not ticked by default, even though it's enabled).
    • Build.prop tweaks for speed
    • Wifi tweaks
    • Fixed gallery compatibility with picasso
    • Incorporated LiquidLimez Google Play fixes

New in 0.1:
    • Initial release

Features:

- Based on latest stock Polaroid ICS
    - Rooted
    - Latest Google Play installed by default.
    - Busybox updated to latest version
    - init.d support by default
    - Scripts for speed added
    - Latest CWM recovery
    - Petrus' 'Reboot' application. Features:
    - Reboot
    - Power Off
    - Reboot into CWM recovery
    - Apex Launcher enabled as default launcher

Thanks to: 900supersport, petrus, Tattman65, Finless, LiquidLimez

Installation instructions:
    - How to flash
    - Choose your device and follow the instructions from this page with the exception noted below. No reason to re-invent the wheel: http://southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/updates.html
    - In step 17., for example, if you have the PMID701C, instead of using "PMID701C_firmware_4.0.img", you'll obviously want to select "701C_elektricity_rom_v_031.img" which you downloaded.
    - 'LET IT SIT' for a few minutes before doing anything to let the ROM "Settle".
    - Reboot (I just added this step as a 'just in case things aren't quite working the way you want')

Problems after you flash?:

PLEASE DO NOT REPORT PROBLEMS IN THIS THREAD until you've confirmed you followed the above instructions EXACTLY. Please don't report the problem in this thread until you've tried a factory image install first to see if that cures the problem.

CHANGELOG:
    See post #2

DOWNLOAD (New location):
    Last edited by elektrik; 09-20-2013, 23:00. Reason: Added latest ROM for PMIC 703C
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Changelog[GB]:

Changes [GB]:
    • v 0.2: Initial check-in

Features [GB]:
    • less than 20 seconds boot time, from logo to lock screen!
    • wifi tweaks
    • GO Launcher (from Apex launcher (ICS) since Gingerbread isn't supported).
    • Added Google Play
    • Init.d support (and Init.d tweaks)
    • Incorporated KKROMKIT Custom CWM recovery (See known issues)

Files updated:
    • everything in the /permissions folder has been updated to LiquidLimez files
    • build.prop

Known issues:
    • The custom KKROMKIT CWM recovery doesn't recognize the external SD card, so any custom rom zip files and/or backups must be performed using the 'internal' 4 Gb SD card.

Installation:
    • See Post #1

Changelog[ICS]:

Changes [ICS]:
    • More speed/stability tweaks.
    • Fixed init.d scripting (has been broken since 0.1)
    • More tweaks in 0.3. See post #1 for details.
    • Added PMID701i 10 and 13 support
    • Incorporated LiquidLimez Google Play fix-we can now install all apps (even if they don't work-if you need evidence, just try running the latest version of Chrome). Thanks to LiquidLimez!
    • Reverted Gallery2.apk back to the GB version for Picasso compatibility - Thanks for pointing this out kenundrem
    • Added a few init.d scripts to speed things up some.
    • Cleaned up the build process-image is now only a few MB more than the stock image
    • Added build.prop tweaks
    • v 0.1: Initial check-in

Files updated:
    • everything in the /permissions folder has been updated to LiquidLimez files
    • build.prop

Installation:
    • See Post #1

Elektrik recommended files:
    Last edited by elektrik; 04-18-2013, 18:11. Reason: Added PMID701C V 0.31 with speed tweaks and init.d fix

Comment

mali 400 drivers

http://linux-sunxi.org/Special:RecentChanges thought you might be interested in these

Comment

Thanks bro-I'm a long way off from incorporating that stuff in my ROM but I'll get there eventually ;-)

Comment

Iinstalled your ROM and while it seems much smoother, I seem to be missing the volume adjustment soft buttons. Have I done something wrong? I was certain I saw them when first setting it up. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by FurryFennec View Post
            Iinstalled your ROM and while it seems much smoother, I seem to be missing the volume adjustment soft buttons. Have I done something wrong? I was certain I saw them when first setting it up. Thanks.
            In ICS the volume controls are on the bottom, next to the soft 'home' button....you should see at least 5 'soft buttons' at the bottom of the screen.

Comment

Sorry i have a polaroid PMID80C, cant install this rom or any other please help my wifi is terrible and not find support in anyplace..
              Sorry for my bad english.

Comment

Originally posted by tapia View Post
                Sorry i have a polaroid PMID80C, cant install this rom or any other please help my wifi is terrible and not find support in anyplace..
                Sorry for my bad english.
                Hi Tapia. I'm not familiar with that model, and my ROM was created for the 701C so I wouldn't advise flashing it...

Comment

Hi before nothing thaks for answer me,
                  Mi tablet is 8 Inch's size and running ice cream sandwich 4.0.4
                  but my wifi not work i have to be very close to the router to conect
                  please help me to solve it.
                  Sorry for my english

Comment

Originally posted by tapia View Post
                    Hi before nothing thaks for answer me,
                    Mi tablet is 8 Inch's size and running ice cream sandwich 4.0.4
                    but my wifi not work i have to be very close to the router to conect
                    please help me to solve it.
                    Sorry for my english
                    This thread is specifically for my custom ROM-you really should post elsewhere in the Polaroid forum for support. With that said I would say to try changing the WiFi channel on your router to 6-that seems to do it for our U.S. Polaroids-there are threads here in the Polaroid forums that might help you-just do a quick search on our site...

Comment

will this ROM atleast work with the 8" polaroid tablet ?

Comment

Originally posted by roma11_22 View Post
                        will this ROM atleast work with the 8" polaroid tablet ?
                        doubtful. I wouldn't try it.

Comment

First, thanks to Electrik for your excellent work. This is one of the finest v0.1 releases I've encountered - excellent work. I can report that the ROM installed and is running on my PMID701I x10 and has been very stable and much more responsive than the stock ICS ROM for the 701I. I have encountered a couple of minor Play Store issues - Play Store doesn't think Google Maps is compatible with the device, and the version of Google+ that it offers is ancient. However, both of these issues are easily worked around by side-loading the apks. Again, thanks and great job!

P.S. In Settings > About Tablet, the Model Number is reported as "Nexus 7". I guess it's okay for v0.1 ROMS to be a little delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatsT9 View Post
                            First, thanks to Electrik for your excellent work. This is one of the finest v0.1 releases I've encountered - excellent work. I can report that the ROM installed and is running on my PMID701I x10 and has been very stable and much more responsive than the stock ICS ROM for the 701I. I have encountered a couple of minor Play Store issues - Play Store doesn't think Google Maps is compatible with the device, and the version of Google+ that it offers is ancient. However, both of these issues are easily worked around by side-loading the apks. Again, thanks and great job!

P.S. In Settings > About Tablet, the Model Number is reported as "Nexus 7". I guess it's okay for v0.1 ROMS to be a little delusional.
                            Haha to the P.S.! I changed the build.prop because I wanted to have access to more play store apps-if you guys have a better idea which table to 'spoof' to get us more recent apps, by all means let me know for inclusion in v.02.

As for your 701I, that's AWESOME it works! My daughter only has the x13 version so I had no way of testing if it worked-I'm glad it did-saves me the trouble of making a version specific for the x10.

Again, thanks for testing it and let me know if you (or anyone else) has any suggestions...

Comment

Working...
                            X