Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[REF]Complete list of (Elektrik's) Modified Stock/Custom' ROMS for Polaroid tablets

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrparker21 View Post
    Hey, thanks for the response. Wanted to update you with what I have done. I used your modified stock rom for the PMID10C and it's wonderful. However, 2 things:

1. There is a software update automatically after the flash. After applying this, the tablet froze at the Polaroid boot screen. So I reflashed and it's fine without the update.

2. The camera doesn't work. I personally don't care.

As far as I see, there aren't any other issues. However, I am willing to test any ROM you may provide in regards to the PMID1000B. Keep up the great work!
    Ok, thanks for the info re: the 10C. Keep in mind thought that you shouldn't flash images for different models of your tab. At the very least, if you insist on doing that, you may want to at least copy off the build.prop from your stock image and then copy over the PMID10C build.prop, but again, that ROM isn't even built for your tablet.....
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
      Ok, thanks for the info re: the 10C. Keep in mind thought that you shouldn't flash images for different models of your tab. At the very least, if you insist on doing that, you may want to at least copy off the build.prop from your stock image and then copy over the PMID10C build.prop, but again, that ROM isn't even built for your tablet.....
      Yes, I'm aware - desperation had set in (also honestly I still have up to 2 weeks to return it and am under the impression this particular tab isn't easily bricked, however don't put it passed me. I've bricked the impossible before in terms of smartphones, lol. Jtag is your friend). I get pretty ballsy sometimes...

I went this route with the 10c image because I'm pretty darn sure the specs are quite similar (ie processor, screen size). I stumbled upon something just earlier that pointed out that the 10C has a dual camera - which could explain the lack of support for mine. The camera sux anyway.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jrparker21 View Post
        Yes, I'm aware - desperation had set in (also honestly I still have up to 2 weeks to return it and am under the impression this particular tab isn't easily bricked, however don't put it passed me. I've bricked the impossible before in terms of smartphones, lol. Jtag is your friend). I get pretty ballsy sometimes...

I went this route with the 10c image because I'm pretty darn sure the specs are quite similar (ie processor, screen size). I stumbled upon something just earlier that pointed out that the 10C has a dual camera - which could explain the lack of support for mine. The camera sux anyway.

Thanks
        Gotcha-just had to put the 'disclaimer' out there, lol

Comment

Thanks. Can't wait to test the next version. bloatless 705x roms would be a big hel

Comment

Originally posted by Howie69 View Post
            Thanks. Can't wait to test the next version. bloatless 705x roms would be a big hel
            Ok Howie-try the new version.

Comment

That one is rooted and seems to work better than the stock so far. I am still having trouble with some apps, but I was able to install the latest google+ with huddles from apktop with no problem and got live huddles working fine on the 705x after reading another thread where you said to go to developer options and check 'force GPU rendering'. Also, on the stock firmware, I could never get play store books to work, but works fine on yours. I have a slew of other apps to test and configure, but so far so good. Now if I could just get one the for the 704 so the other kid doesn't feel left out

Comment

Whoops, spoke too soon. Play Store Books now works, but Google+ Huddles fail... at least the version I use on the stock rom. And Rom Toolbox just freezes the entire tablet. Maybe the img has the wrong clock settings? Or it imported them from online backups... Will check later

Comment

Reboot fixed most issues, except huddles that give 'Camera Error'. And the Camera App crashes as well.

Comment

JR-someone else with a PMID1000B mentioned a custom ROM to me too-I'm working on it, but patience is the order-you guys are #3 in line :-)
                    I will gladly stand in line to test it out when you've got one. I'm desperate for a different ROM for the PMID1000b. I'm excited that someone is finally going to give it some attention

Comment

Just wanted to mention on here - if there is any problem with root - I am suggesting (someone else's) Polaroid All in One v1.8b - easy to find I guess with google. My file specifically read as: PolaroidAIOv1.8b It's supposed to also install the google framework with the store and google apps, I didn't need this tho as my modded rom has included this already (thanks to elektrik).

The creator suggests that it's ability is cross-platform, and it is confirmed on 2 Polaroid tablets. I have a PMID1000B, however, it read as the PMID10C - since this is the ROM I have successfully installed and am running.

This program said my tablet was rooted, however, ROM Toolbox, lucky patcher, and then the downloaded root checker (whatever it's called) said it was NOT rooted. I unrooted via this program, and rerooted successfully. It's completely capable of any customizations now.

Super satisfied

Comment

Testers for PTAB 7XC...

Understood, but you *do* realize that the only way you won't be 'participating in a beta program' is if one of the developers here actually has the device and develops for it?

I'd also point out that you were the one who expressed interest in me creating a ROM, so I suppose I'm somewhat confused here....
                        Big thanks to Elektrik and others for their efforts. I am trying to get flash to work on my daughter's ptab7xc, with no success. When you need a lab tab for the 7xc I'll be here.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Dad View Post
                          Big thanks to Elektrik and others for their efforts. I am trying to get flash to work on my daughter's ptab7xc, with no success. When you need a lab tab for the 7xc I'll be here.
                          Hmm...I've had others successfully flash the 703c ROM on the PTAB7xc....are you unable to get it to actually flash or having other problems?

Comment

Ooops!

Hmm...I've had others successfully flash the 703c ROM on the PTAB7xc....are you unable to get it to actually flash or having other problems?
                            Sorry for the confusion; Flash player. Maybe related to the CPU. Read ARM11 won't do Adobe Flash. Oddly enough one vendor says the device has Arm11, another says Cortex8??? My main concern is getting the Flash player to function on web browser. But a better, more streamlined OS is always appreciated. I believe there are tutorials here about loading ROMs. I'll check them out so I get it right the first time. Last time I did anything like this was flashing an Asustek notebook; solid state drive, from a thumbdrive. Will take a day or two, and then post results. Unless you have a less intrusive way to get Flash Player on the browser. Again, Thanks for all.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion; Flash player. Maybe related to the CPU. Read ARM11 won't do Adobe Flash. Oddly enough one vendor says the device has Arm11, another says Cortex8??? My main concern is getting the Flash player to function on web browser. But a better, more streamlined OS is always appreciated. I believe there are tutorials here about loading ROMs. I'll check them out so I get it right the first time. Last time I did anything like this was flashing an Asustek notebook; solid state drive, from a thumbdrive. Will take a day or two, and then post results. Unless you have a less intrusive way to get Flash Player on the browser. Again, Thanks for all.
                              OOOH ADOBE FLASH, lol! you should still be able to find an adobe flash apk and install it, or is the issue that you have one that doesn't work...?

Comment

Are we talking a rooted ptab7xc??

Comment

Working...
                                X