Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[REF]Complete list of (Elektrik's) Modified Stock/Custom' ROMS for Polaroid tablets

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
    **NOTE: For the PTAB7XC: Be warned-the build.prop is for the PMID703C, NOT the PTAB7XC. When I incorporate the specific build.prop for this tab I'll post it here.
    Is there something I can provide you from my tablet to help you accomplish this?

Also, is the rom for the PTAB7XC an ICS rom?

Comment

Originally posted by waleslie View Post
      Is there something I can provide you from my tablet to help you accomplish this?

Also, is the rom for the PTAB7XC an ICS rom?
      The ROM for the PMID703C was build from the stock live suite image, and was specifically built for the PMID703C, however an adventurous person installed this image on his PTAB7XC and had zero issues (in fact, I think he's still running it), which is why I added the PTAB7XC. I do intend to build a modded image for your specific device using your stock image, but haven't done so. If you want to use this image, all you need to do is copy the PTAB's build.prop into the /system folder of my modded image, but it may just be easier to wait if you insist on having the device recognized as such.
      https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

I grabbed my original build.prop file to overwrite with, but from my understanding, these tablets are identical... apparently the model number is retailer specific.

As to my other question, is this an ICS rom?

Comment

I grabbed my original build.prop file to overwrite with, but from my understanding, these tablets are identical... apparently the model number is retailer specific.

As to my other question, is this an ICS rom?
          Oh sorry, yes I believe so-since it's essentially the stock ROM, modified.

Comment

Thanks Elektrik, I did get Adobe...

OOOH ADOBE FLASH, lol! you should still be able to find an adobe flash apk and install it, or is the issue that you have one that doesn't work...?
            Thanks Elektrik. I did find a latest Adobe Flash Player apk. for ICS(mobile) and it installed from the card. Tested it out on my daughter's favourite site; the reason we got the tablet, and Flash seemed to work. Awfully slow, but working. I did not realize your build was for ----7c, was for the PTAB7CX! I will take a look at the build, learn how to install and return with results. worse case scenerio, I can allows go to the STC site and follow the 24 steps to bring back to factory state. Common sense tells me that your build will be faster and with less over-all memory usage. I believe that when I install your build it will eraser all ability to use manufacture's onboard methods to return software to original state. As said, I have to research to do correctly. Will take 24 to 48 hours to get back with the results. The Devil never sleeps, nor does it seem my children need to. Thanks.

Comment

Not rooted yet...

Originally posted by jrparker21 View Post
              Are we talking a rooted ptab7xc??
              Thanks jrparker21, not rooted yet. Still learning, ie. last night I learned 'rooted' means super user/adminastrator. I want to try Elektrik's build for this unit, and have some learning to do before I can try. So far running okay but, Adobe Flash installation slowed the unit's internet browser as warned by others.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Dad View Post
                Thanks Elektrik. I did find a latest Adobe Flash Player apk. for ICS(mobile) and it installed from the card. Tested it out on my daughter's favourite site; the reason we got the tablet, and Flash seemed to work. Awfully slow, but working. I did not realize your build was for ----7c, was for the PTAB7CX! I will take a look at the build, learn how to install and return with results. worse case scenerio, I can allows go to the STC site and follow the 24 steps to bring back to factory state. Common sense tells me that your build will be faster and with less over-all memory usage. I believe that when I install your build it will eraser all ability to use manufacture's onboard methods to return software to original state. As said, I have to research to do correctly. Will take 24 to 48 hours to get back with the results. The Devil never sleeps, nor does it seem my children need to. Thanks.

Well remember that my elektricity ROM is only for the models listed and no more (since I don't own any of the others). What I *did* do for the other models listed is put some basic things that were missing back in (google play, etc.). I haven't done any speed tweaks, custom recovery, etc. so don't get disappointed if you flash my modified stock and don't see major differences.

Comment

Re: [REF]Complete list of (Elektrik's) Modified Stock/Custom' ROMS for Polaroid tablets

Originally posted by Digital Dad View Post
                  Thanks jrparker21, not rooted yet. Still learning, ie. last night I learned 'rooted' means super user/adminastrator. I want to try Elektrik's build for this unit, and have some learning to do before I can try. So far running okay but, Adobe Flash installation slowed the unit's internet browser as warned by others.
                  Ah yes...I remember the days when it all began. Linux introduced me to SU, from that point on I've modded everything but my toaster. And yes, it is dangerous and scary sometimes, but ya learn quickly what NOT to do.

As far as rooting goes, one-click-root or super root (something like that, I'm awful for remembering names of stuff) works and is very easy. Back in the day, rooting was often very complicated... The best of luck to ya!

Sent from my AT197F using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Back in the day, LOL!

Originally posted by jrparker21 View Post
                    Ah yes...I remember the days when it all began. Linux introduced me to SU, from that point on I've modded everything but my toaster. And yes, it is dangerous and scary sometimes, but ya learn quickly what NOT to do.

As far as rooting goes, one-click-root or super root (something like that, I'm awful for remembering names of stuff) works and is very easy. Back in the day, rooting was often very complicated... The best of luck to ya!

Sent from my AT197F using Tapatalk HD
                    Thanks jrparker21. Just how the heck do I mod my toaster, lol. Ya, definately the scent of Linux here. If I understand what I've been reading, the Android OS is a specific Linux package Google took into it's labs and tweaked a bit. I had an Asustek notebook running Windows, and the OS crapped out, so I loaded a Linux OS from a thumbdrive. That was an experience. The OS was Eeelinux. Worked good till updated, then components stopped working here and there. Never bricked it but was close.
                    Loaded Skype on the PTAB7XC to night, and it worked as well as on the other computers we've had.

Comment

I installed your Elekctricity ICS rom on my PTAB7XC. I was wondering what it is based on. The rom that came on the tablet had some different graphics. It booted with a picture of an android shaped ice cream sandwich (instead if the multi-colored stripes) and had pictures of the planet earth during the boot sequence and as a wallpaper.

I know that the roms on the Southerntelecom website have appearance similar to yours.

What is the difference? Is one newer than the other?

Comment

I installed your Elekctricity ICS rom on my PTAB7XC. I was wondering what it is based on. The rom that came on the tablet had some different graphics. It booted with a picture of an android shaped ice cream sandwich (instead if the multi-colored stripes) and had pictures of the planet earth during the boot sequence and as a wallpaper.

I know that the roms on the Southerntelecom website have appearance similar to yours.

What is the difference? Is one newer than the other?
                        Please don't take this the wrong way, as I'm not at all upset, but I do wonder, despite all my warnings, posts, etc. to tell people *not* to flash my ROM to an untested device (Aka you flashing my Elektricity ROM created for the PMID701 series onto your PTAB7XC), why everyone continues to do so....

The reason you see different bootups/background images is because you flashed my ROM, which isn't meant for your device-the only Elektricity ROMs I create (at the moment) are for devices which I already own. Everything else (yours included) I only make modified stock.

Comment

Possibly I'm posting my question in the wrong thread, but I did download and flash the correct rom (PMID703C_A.img). From my understanding the PMID703 and PTAB7XC are identical, just different model numbers for different retailers.

My question still stands. The original rom on the tablet vs your rom, which seems to be based off the southerntelecom website's rom.

I flashed the southerntelecom's rom previously and ended up with the different appearance. It is likely a different version of the rom, I'm just wondering which one is which.

Comment

Possibly I'm posting my question in the wrong thread, but I did download and flash the correct rom (PMID703C_A.img). From my understanding the PMID703 and PTAB7XC are identical, just different model numbers for different retailers.

My question still stands. The original rom on the tablet vs your rom, which seems to be based off the southerntelecom website's rom.

I flashed the southerntelecom's rom previously and ended up with the different appearance. It is likely a different version of the rom, I'm just wondering which one is which.
                            Ok now I'm really confused. Do me a favor and open up your build.prop file on your tablet and please tell me what ro.product.name says? it should be PMID70X...

Comment

it should be PMID70X...
                              That's what it is.

Comment

That's what it is.
                                Ok, I think I know what's going on. The PTAB7XC was not what this modified ROM was officially made for-it was made for the PMID703C, however several users flashed the PMID703C ROM (against my advice) and told me that the 703C and the PTAB7XC were 'sister' tablets and that to flash one worked on flashing the other-this is why when you see my post I had PMID703C/PTAB7XC on it.

It's still based on the stock Polaroid ROM, but for the 703, not the PTAB....make sense?

Comment

Working...
                                X