Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[REF]Complete list of (Elektrik's) Modified Stock/Custom' ROMS for Polaroid tablets

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
    make sense?
    Makes perfect sense.

My question still remains. Maybe not so much pertaining to your rom, but pertaining to the SouthernTelecom rom (which is the basis for yours).

The tablet shipped with an android shaped ice cream sandwich boot animation and some "view of the earth from space" type graphics during boot and as wallpaper.

The (correct) rom from SouthernTelecom has these colored bars during bootup and different wallpapers.

So, something's different between the two. I'm just trying to figure out what.

Comment

Originally posted by waleslie View Post
      Makes perfect sense.

My question still remains. Maybe not so much pertaining to your rom, but pertaining to the SouthernTelecom rom (which is the basis for yours).

The tablet shipped with an android shaped ice cream sandwich boot animation and some "view of the earth from space" type graphics during boot and as wallpaper.

The (correct) rom from SouthernTelecom has these colored bars during bootup and different wallpapers.

So, something's different between the two. I'm just trying to figure out what.
      I see what you're saying-ya, the internal tablet boot screen and the bootanimation.zip are probably different, and the build.prop references the PMID70X instead of whatever your PTAB7XC is supposed to say. I don't know if there are other things that are different, but as I said, other users of the PTAB are using this version (and have been doing so for a few months now) without incident....

One of these days I'll make a modified stock of the PTAB7XC factory image-too many requests right now though, lol.

P.S. moving these messages to the appropriate thread
      https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Nice poll, but isn't it missing something?

The poll is a nice way to see what ROMS to work on, but why isn't the PMID701C an option to choose. I thought you said you were working on a Jelly Bean debloated stock ROM for the PMID701C, but it isn't even a choice to choose in the poll. Is the PMID701C off your radar now?

Comment

Originally posted by Soupist View Post
          The poll is a nice way to see what ROMS to work on, but why isn't the PMID701C an option to choose. I thought you said you were working on a Jelly Bean debloated stock ROM for the PMID701C, but it isn't even a choice to choose in the poll. Is the PMID701C off your radar now?
          Haha. I thought the bolded capitalized "***MODIFIED STOCK ROM (ONLY)***" text in the poll would have given it away, but apparently not, LOL.

Yes I am still working on a Jelly Bean elektricity ROM, no I'm not working on a Jelly Bean debloated stock ROM for the PMID701C (Onda already has one), and no, the PMID701C isn't off my radar because it's still my main tablet (at least until I buy the Polaroid M10 ;-) )

Comment

PMID701C JB

Oh...I didn't know Onda had a basic unbloated JB rom. I guess what I really wanted was your tweaked PMID701C JB with market and other improvements. Thanks for the quick response. I guess your correct, you can't make a stock JB if Polaroid doesn't have a stock JB ROM

Comment

Originally posted by Soupist View Post
              Oh...I didn't know Onda had a basic unbloated JB rom. I guess what I really wanted was your tweaked PMID701C JB with market and other improvements. Thanks for the quick response. I guess your correct, you can't make a stock JB if Polaroid doesn't have a stock JB ROM
              Hehe ..ya, and I may have to wait for an 'official' Onda ROM too-I'm using the beta and it's kinda buggy (keep losing my hardware buttons).

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your hard work and efforts Elektrik.
                Running your 703c modified on my 7xc. Works great. Had FC's on the market out of the box but played around got that working.
                I also incorporated Zeppelinrox v6supercharger on your ROM.
                Worked great, well 50% supercharged. The other 50% calls for deodexed services.jar.
                I borked it all up trying to get that going...
                So I'm back to your modified .img.
                Question, do you know if the v6 supercharge will mess with any of your tweaks?
                It didn't seem to. Seemed to really scream. anyways thanks again.

Comment

Unable to load ROMs

I get the following message when trying to download your ROMs. Am I doing something wrong?

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
                  <tree>
                  <message type="SUCCESS"/>
                  <require_auth/>
                  </tree>

Comment

Originally posted by *system_error* View Post
                    Thanks for your hard work and efforts Elektrik.
                    Running your 703c modified on my 7xc. Works great. Had FC's on the market out of the box but played around got that working.
                    I also incorporated Zeppelinrox v6supercharger on your ROM.
                    Worked great, well 50% supercharged. The other 50% calls for deodexed services.jar.
                    I borked it all up trying to get that going...
                    So I'm back to your modified .img.
                    Question, do you know if the v6 supercharge will mess with any of your tweaks?
                    It didn't seem to. Seemed to really scream. anyways thanks again.
                    Not that I know of-I don't have many tweaks for a tablet I don't own (purposefully)-too much potential for problems.

BTW, I noticed you said you have a 7XC....how come you're not using the modified stock I made specifically for your tablet...?

Comment

Originally posted by bob99 View Post
                      I get the following message when trying to download your ROMs. Am I doing something wrong?

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
                      <tree>
                      <message type="SUCCESS"/>
                      <require_auth/>
                      </tree>
                      Strange...I just checked the links and they're working...which ROM are you trying to download?

Comment

Unable to load ROMs

Strange...I just checked the links and they're working...which ROM are you trying to download?
                        I was trying to download the PMID701i ROM from the following site:

Comment

Not that I know of-I don't have many tweaks for a tablet I don't own (purposefully)-too much potential for problems.

BTW, I noticed you said you have a 7XC....how come you're not using the modified stock I made specifically for your tablet...?
                          I couldn't get market to work no matter what i tried. The 703 seems to be fine no errors or fc's at all.
                          I also couldn't really tell a difference between the two minus the build saying 703c.
                          Im trying to get CM either version on there. lol bootloops and no touch. your stock is solid. So i got my backup. and flashing.
                          Thanks again for all that you do.

Comment

Originally posted by bob99 View Post
                            I was trying to download the PMID701i ROM from the following site:

https://a170132.uranus.1blu.de//data...59.php?lang=en
                            Fixed..give it a whirl

Comment

Originally posted by *system_error* View Post
                              I couldn't get market to work no matter what i tried. The 703 seems to be fine no errors or fc's at all.
                              I also couldn't really tell a difference between the two minus the build saying 703c.
                              Im trying to get CM either version on there. lol bootloops and no touch. your stock is solid. So i got my backup. and flashing.
                              Thanks again for all that you do.
                              Sure! Glad to know that the 703C works but I'm concerned the 7XC doesn't for some reason....

Comment

Sure! Glad to know that the 703C works but I'm concerned the 7XC doesn't for some reason....
                                Got you. When I get a chance to do so. I will flash the image again and try some more things. You know what come to think of it I didnt try fixing permissions. IDK worth a shot. Ill do more troubleshooting and get you some feedback.

Comment

Working...
                                X