Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[REF]Complete list of (Elektrik's) Modified Stock/Custom' ROMS for Polaroid tablets

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enter live suite flash mode-soft bricked

Hi.
    I have Emerson EM1000B tablet.
    it is completely identical to Polaroid 1000B/D though it doesnt't have HDMI nevermind.
    It is soft bricked from flashing wrong firmware via RK Android tool and i can't enter live suite flash mode.
    I can enter RKloader mode.
    The tablet has only Home and Power plus reset button accessible with needlepin.
    Can you please tell me how to enter Live Suite flash mode.
    I want to flash polaroid firmware because there is no Emerson EM1000B firmware on the official site or available anywhere.
    Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by gajkax View Post
      Hi.
      I have Emerson EM1000B tablet.
      it is completely identical to Polaroid 1000B/D though it doesnt't have HDMI nevermind.
      It is soft bricked from flashing wrong firmware via RK Android tool and i can't enter live suite flash mode.
      I can enter RKloader mode.
      The tablet has only Home and Power plus reset button accessible with needlepin.
      Can you please tell me how to enter Live Suite flash mode.
      I want to flash polaroid firmware because there is no Emerson EM1000B firmware on the official site or available anywhere.
      Thank You
      try using phoenix suite to flash and go on southern telecom find your model and build flash it that should take you back to factory stock

Comment

Originally posted by Droider82 View Post
        try using phoenix suite to flash and go on southern telecom find your model and build flash it that should take you back to factory stock
        Thanks for answering.
        The tablet isn't allwiner chipset
        It's Rockchip RK2926 with 4gb nand and 10.1 touchscreen
        Tablet Emerson EM1000B model
        i tried all rockchip 292x firmwares neither one's workin
        the tablet is booting but the screen is dimed black or white no icons on recovery no sound nothing.

Any other advice?
        Thanks

Comment

ROM for PMID706

Anyone working on a rooted stock ROM for the 706? It's based on a Rockchip RK2928. After almost a year, ST STILL has no stock ROM to flash to reflash it with. My tablet works fine; just can't get it to root to save my life...

Comment

Guys, I've said it before and I'll say it again. YOU CANNOT FLASH THESE ROMS ON RK CHIP TABLETS. MY ROMS ARE FOR ALLWINNER BASED TABLETS *ONLY*.
            Sorry for the rare use of caps but people seem to completely ignore that fact.
            https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Polaroid A/S10 Tablet

Can anyone point me to a post on how to EXTRACT the STOCK ROM from this JELLYBEAN tablet?

Polaroid S10 Allwinner A30

I have ADB, SU, BUSYBOX but cannot find the proper command/syntax to get it to dump the ROM. I already did adb backup but that did not include everything.

Thanks in advance!
              SSGRichDAV
              Last edited by [email protected]; 02-08-2014, 20:25.

Comment

Requested Polaroid ROM for A10 Tablet

I have tried the S10 update but it did not work and now I have no WIFI. I have two of these tablets but cannot find instructions for pulling the ROM from the good one,

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SSichDAV

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  I have tried the S10 update but it did not work and now I have no WIFI. I have two of these tablets but cannot find instructions for pulling the ROM from the good one,

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SSichDAV
                  Did you do a reformat or an update? Which one did you use, the 090913 or the 012414 firmware?

Comment

Guys, please don't hijack this thread-it's for a list of ROM's, not a general help topic.

Comment

PMID 720 Recovery

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
                      Devices supported to date:
                      • PTAB7XC***(See NOTE 3 below)
                      • PMID4311
                      • PMID701C/X10
                      • PMID701I 10*(See NOTE 1 below)
                      • PMID701I 13*(See NOTE 1 below)
                      • PMID703C
                      • PTAB7XC**(See NOTE 2 below)
                      • PMID705X***(See NOTE 3 below)
                      • PMID10C***(See NOTE 3 below)
                      • PMID1000D

*NOTE: DO NOT use PMID701C/X10 Elektricity ROM with the PMID 701I 10 *or* the PMID 701I 13. There are special versions for these tablets.

**NOTE: For the PTAB7XC: Confirmed by several folks that the ROM for the PMID703C is in fact 100% compatible with this tablet.

***NOTE: These are experimental builds. They are untested/awaiting testing by users. As soon as it has been verified as stable (testers-please PM me so I know), I will remove the '[EXPERIMENTAL]' tag.

Link: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ew-Location%29

...More as they come...
                      Any chance of getting the PMID 720 to work with this and maybe even a recovery?

Comment

Originally posted by spartacus View Post
                        Any chance of getting the PMID 720 to work with this and maybe even a recovery?
                        It has been my experience that it is very difficult to make a ROM without the device. I've tried a few times in the past with other devices and no one's willing to be a guinea pig.

Comment

PMID 720 Recovery

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
                          It has been my experience that it is very difficult to make a ROM without the device. I've tried a few times in the past with other devices and no one's willing to be a guinea pig.

Thanks for the response. Why Polaroid makes tablets is beyond me. They have no business being in this field. Thank god I was able to root it and install the Playstore with some help since it is not licensed for that model. Polaroid at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by spartacus View Post
                            Thanks for the response. Why Polaroid makes tablets is beyond me. They have no business being in this field. Thank god I was able to root it and install the Playstore with some help since it is not licensed for that model. Polaroid at its best.
                            I've said it before and I'll say again-the only reason I originally got into ROM making was because my PMID701C didn't have the stuff I wanted on it and thankfully, i had the stock ROM to work with...

Comment

My PMID10C has gone from bad to worse, probably after a few of my mistakes, such as switching from a Class-4 to a Class-10 micro-SD, but forgetting to move all apps off the SD first. I tuned my router recently and that really boosted the WiFi reception, but 1Mobile and lots of other things still won't download. I can't get GoogleDrive to run without Google Play. I've been waiting for a newer version of the ROM, but with little to lose now, I'm going to try the old experimental version (don't see any info on anything newer). http://www.freak-tab.de/Elektrik/PMI...FIED_STOCK.img

Update: I followed the directions at http://southerntelecom.com/polaroids...e_pmid10c.html using http://www.freak-tab.de/Elektrik/PMI...FIED_STOCK.img instead of Polaroid's. It seems there's a problem with their directions:
                              Steps 17-20 don't mention an additional window on top of the LiveSuite % window. I clicked Finish on it (I'm not sure it matters when you click it, between steps 17-21).
                              Step 20 says, "20. With the tablet powered OFF, press and HOLD the HOME button (do not release HOME until told to do so). While holding the HOME button down, insert the small end of the USB cable into the tablet’s USB port, then wait for the following pop-up window to appear on your computer’s screen:" I waited several minutes AND the light on my USB hub never came on, so I stopped. Tried again and this time I pressed and HELD HOME, inserted the USB, THEN PRESSED AND HELD POWER...the USB hub lit up and drivers loaded on my PC and off and running (and can release buttons)

Appears to be running good, clean, and fast. Thanks elektrik!

Appears it replaced the contents of my internal SD and removed programs from my external SD, but left my data (docs and pix). Fine with me as the programs were likely corrupted.

Now to try loading Google Play.
                              Update2: After several hours trying unsuccessfully to load Google Play Store, I see that it's already on my tablet. Apparently it was included in the new ROM, but I didn't see it.

Tablet is working fast ... like new!
                              Last edited by Guest; 12-30-2015, 07:56.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaReindeer View Post
                                My PMID10C has gone from bad to worse, probably after a few of my mistakes, such as switching from a Class-4 to a Class-10 micro-SD, but forgetting to move all apps off the SD first. I tuned my router recently and that really boosted the WiFi reception, but 1Mobile and lots of other things still won't download. I can't get GoogleDrive to run without Google Play. I've been waiting for a newer version of the ROM, but with little to lose now, I'm going to try the old experimental version (don't see any info on anything newer). http://www.freak-tab.de/Elektrik/PMI...FIED_STOCK.img

Update: I followed the directions at http://southerntelecom.com/polaroids...e_pmid10c.html using http://www.freak-tab.de/Elektrik/PMI...FIED_STOCK.img instead of Polaroid's. It seems there's a problem with their directions:
                                Steps 17-20 don't mention an additional window on top of the LiveSuite % window. I clicked Finish on it (I'm not sure it matters when you click it, between steps 17-21).
                                Step 20 says, "20. With the tablet powered OFF, press and HOLD the HOME button (do not release HOME until told to do so). While holding the HOME button down, insert the small end of the USB cable into the tablet’s USB port, then wait for the following pop-up window to appear on your computer’s screen:" I waited several minutes AND the light on my USB hub never came on, so I stopped. Tried again and this time I pressed and HELD HOME, inserted the USB, THEN PRESSED AND HELD POWER...the USB hub lit up and drivers loaded on my PC and off and running (and can release buttons)

Appears to be running good, clean, and fast. Thanks elektrik!

Appears it replaced the contents of my internal SD and removed programs from my external SD, but left my data (docs and pix). Fine with me as the programs were likely corrupted.

Now to try loading Google Play.
                                Update2: After several hours trying unsuccessfully to load Google Play Store, I see that it's already on my tablet. Apparently it was included in the new ROM, but I didn't see it.

Tablet is working fast ... like new!
                                Haha! Glad you gained a benefit from my work. Alas, I haven't had the money to get/play with any new ones, but It's nice to know after all these years people are still benefitting from my ROM :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X