Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holding "Menu" button, plug in USB, tablet doesn't power up. So I can't flash ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not in my experience. Once it worked it paused a few moments a couple times but the whole process was just a couple of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ronb View Post
      Not in my experience. Once it worked it paused a few moments a couple times but the whole process was just a couple of minutes.
      despair...
      Polaroid S8
      Blackberry Torch
      Kindle Fire HD Gen 2 - Wifes
      Nokia 520 Windows 8 - Wifes
      (3) Nextbook 7s - Slooooooow - (Finless Bob ROM) - used for kids e-readers
      (2) Samsung Exhibits - kids
      Samsung Blaze, Kindle Fire, (2) PMID701c (Elektrik ROM) - all RIP
      ...some laptops, some PC's and some routers / switches

Comment

[QUOTE=jsta6;59955]despair...[/QUOTEtry flashing the stock again.
        https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

[QUOTE=elektrik;59957]
          Originally posted by jsta6 View Post
          despair...[/QUOTEtry flashing the stock again.
          Tried that...
          Polaroid S8
          Blackberry Torch

Comment

[QUOTE=jsta6;60162]
            Originally posted by elektrik View Post

Tried that...
            .....and?

Comment

[QUOTE=elektrik;60196]

.....and?
              sorry...

nada...zip...zero...zilch

Have tried six different USB cables, usb2 and usb3 ports, win7 laptop, win7 desktop, xp laptop, xp desktop, front usb ports, rear usb ports, different combination of buttons being pressed when plugging in tablet, disabling / re-enabling / installing / reinstalling usb drivers / before / after / during starting livesuit. Not sure what else I forgot I tried. I didn't save a voodoo chicken backwards in a circle over my head, but I might...I also disabled any anti-virus software.

Regarding the usb driver thing I was talking about above, there is one thread where the guy doesn't run the usb driver install exe file from livesuit. Instead, he connects the tab and installs it manually. Then, he disconnects the tab, runs livesuit, and then reconnects the tab and works (he does NOT get the yellow exclamation point on the usb driver in device manager. Tried that, didn't work...

I read a little on the interwebs about livesuite 1.09 and also custom win7 drivers and also livesuite substitutes...but nothing yet...

I ran some debug on my win7 pc last night; lots of buffer flow and high speed io request errors, but that may be normal...???

out of about 50 - 60 tries, I have only about 4 times gotten the two pop-up messages that I am supposed to get after livesuit sees my tab...and only once did I get the util / percent bar to go above 1%, when it went to 48% and froze...

also, if i run livesuit and connect my tab, and it doesn't work (which is always), if I stop livesuite and pull my tab and start everything over again, after I run livesuite, I get the blank yellow exclamation point pop up as soon as I hook up my tab. If I hit the reset button before I connect my tab, I don't get the blank yellow exclamation point pop up.

(thinking out loud here)
              I wish I had a known working tab so I could run debug on windows and see what livesuite does. I have a nextbook 7s (with a cracked screen)...I don't know, but if it has the A10, I can use livesuit with that as a test (with a nextbook image, not a polaroid image). Not a "true" test, but it is something...
              Polaroid S8
              Blackberry Torch

Comment

Is there any way to tell if the tab is actually going in to FEL mode?
                Polaroid S8
                Blackberry Torch

Comment

Is there any way to tell if the tab is actually going in to FEL mode?
                  Yup. on the PC you've got it plugged into. Windows will play a wave file letting you know something's been plugged into the USB port, OR if you are lucky enough to have a USB hub with lights to show connections, you should see it light up on the appropriate port.

Comment

Yup. on the PC you've got it plugged into. Windows will play a wave file letting you know something's been plugged into the USB port, OR if you are lucky enough to have a USB hub with lights to show connections, you should see it light up on the appropriate port.
                    But the PC beeps even if I plug it in normally, not in FEL mode?
                    Polaroid S8
                    Blackberry Torch

Comment

But the PC beeps even if I plug it in normally, not in FEL mode?
                      In FEL mode, you should hear 'three' beeps, not one.

Comment

In FEL mode, you should hear 'three' beeps, not one.
                        OK, thanks.

Sorry if this has been covered 10,000 times before; the first beep is the PC recognizing the tab, and the usb driver shows up in device manager, and what happens with the second beep?
                        Polaroid S8
                        Blackberry Torch

Comment

OK, thanks.

Sorry if this has been covered 10,000 times before; the first beep is the PC recognizing the tab, and the usb driver shows up in device manager, and what happens with the second beep?
                          Well, the 'three beeps' are when you have live suite running and you're trying to flash. When I do this with my tablets, I see the link light on my usb hub turn on for the first one, off for the second, and then back on for the third. Why the tablet turns itself on, then off, then back on is beyond me because regular USB devices don't do that.

Sorry that's not more helpful...

Comment

trying ro flash

Thanks for your reply.

I read that, and I thought about that, but had no idea what key combinations to try.

After reading your post, I tried a bunch of different key combinations, but no dice...

What key combination worked for you?
                            Yeah Ive tried all this as well. Different ports cables, machines, pressing buttons . Brest Ive gotten so far is Livesuit pops up a box with a Exclamation in it.

Comment

flashing and USB

Thank you for your reply.

No dice...

Tried two laptops (Win7 and XP), one desktop (win7), three USB cables, all USB ports, ST rom 2.3, ST rom 4.0 and Elektrick from v3...

despair...

I donwloaded and ran Microsoft MR FiXit for USB drives and rebooted. Now when I connect tablet and hold home button , an icon with the tablet device pops up on taskbar and i get the two formatting messagesm however nothin appears to be hp[pening

Comment

update was probab;y bad USB port on tablet gone bad

Originally posted by Jimp View Post
                                I donwloaded and ran Microsoft MR FiXit for USB drives and rebooted. Now when I connect tablet and hold home button , an icon with the tablet device pops up on taskbar and i get the two formatting messagesm however nothin appears to be hp[pening
                                Well we did get it tio start updating, but froze. USB port appeared tobe having communication problems.
                                Sent tablet to Sputhern Telecom and they replaced it with another model.

Comment

Working...
                                X