Polaroid P700 full root ROM with Market3.4.4 By Finless Version 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaroid P700 full root ROM with Market3.4.4 By Finless Version 1.3

OK folks... After sucess with my Polaroid P700 no Market ROM it is now time to release my ROM with full Market 3.4.4 preinstalled! I tested this myself on my Arnova and it does not boot loop so I am pretty sure this will work out of the box!

Special thanks to Freaktab member Chidave09 for helping me a TON with the Cramfs system and testing for me! Thanks Dave!

Here is my new ROM for the Polaroid P700 with Market 3.4.4 Pre-installed version 1.3
    I am told this may work on the P7200 but if not let me know and I will make you P7200 guys a ROM from the manufacturers stock ROM.

Features:
    1) Google Market latest version 3.4.4 pre-installed and ready to use!
    This includes a working Google Calendar and Contacts sync.
    Also includes Google Gmail, and News / Weather. All of these are up to date!
    No post updates required for Google apps for now until Google updates them.
    2) 1GB off app install space (the max possible). Stock ROM only has 255mb
    Testers are saying the system is MUCH faster now
    3) Full root as /system was converted from Cramfs to EXT3 file system PROPERLY BLOCKED and optimized!
    4) Added space in /system to allow "root" apps to install there (200 megs)
    5) Latest up to date SU and Superuser.apk installed
    6) Root permissions granted throughout the file system
    7) ADB and USB debugging enabled by default
    8) Removed boot animation for faster boot times. If you want it back use a file explorer and go into /system/bin and rename bootanimation1 to bootanimation..

Notes:
    1) This is for the Polaroid P700. Do not try to use this on any other model. You may brick your tablet otherwise. However I am told it may work with the P7200 as well.

2) If you have never flashed one of my ROMs before, you cannot just copy files over to the SDCard. You must use the flashing tool I provide in my ROM kit. No exceptions. This will require you to install drivers on your PC. In my kit I have tested and supplied drivers for Win32 and 64.

3) Market issues. Market issue "may" still exist. This is common on tablets that are not really supported by Google as a registered device. Most users have no issues but sometimes there can be, The 2 issues that seem to arise when your FIRST TIME try to use the Market are:

A) Cannot logon; "Cannot establish a reliable data connection"
    I have tried to recreate this and troubleshoot this. My belief if in fact this happens sometimes when Google servers are doing something or something is going on with them. WHen I had this happen once I simply waited a while and it worked later. So I cannot help too much here. My only suggestion to try is this
    a) Install a root file manager like root explorer or ES file manager (enable root access for them)
    b) Go in with the file manager and delete /data/misc/imei/imei or data.dat which ever one exists

B) Limited apps listed; I have reproduced this and know how to recreate it and fix it! This has to do (I beleive) that after a factory reset or a flash the tablet creates a ID based on some other IDs and a random key generator. Sometimes this ID Google does not like. So we have to clear that and reboot.
    YOU DO NOT EVER NEED TO REFLASH OR DO A FACTORY RESET TO FIX THIS!!!!
    DO the following
    a) Again using a file manager that has root access go in and delete the follow folders completely
    com.android.vending (not com.applib.vending!)
    com.android.vending.updater
    com.google.android.gm
    com.google.android.gsf
    b) Reboot and do nothing else but run the Market. You should get a prompt asking you to accept the Google terms of service. If you did not you did something wrong. Do it again. If you do get the prompt, accept and now the Market should work fully with TONS of apps showing up.

OK so thats it.... I hope you enjoy my new ROM. Please feel free to give feedback, etc.

Here is the download from OUR local server! No pop ups, adds, SPAM. etc... That’s why we built this place. ROMs should be easily accessed with no BS.

Edit:
    ROM -> Polaroid P700 Full Root ROM with Market3.4.4 - Version 1.3 By Finless (103 megs)

Enjoy!
    Bob

Tutorial for installing drivers for flashing-http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-for-flashing!

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

Damo - Forum Moderator

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE LINK BELOW

PS

If you are having trouble with the above link when using Tapatalk than here is the email link for donations below

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=ZYCM4NZ4J6F3G

Thank You
    Last edited by Finless; 07-12-2014, 21:35.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Polaroid p7200

Has any one tryed this on the 7200 and does work and also I have never rooted anything yet so this all new is there any way to just put on sd card and have it load from there yet .

Comment

Originally posted by oe8hundred View Post
      Has any one tryed this on the 7200 and does work and also I have never rooted anything yet so this all new is there any way to just put on sd card and have it load from there yet .
      This Rom is for the p700 only Bob is working on
      A Rom for that model. You can not do what you say from
      An sd card.
      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      </form>

Comment

I was just PM'ed by user x51 and he said it worked on the 7200. But if there are any quirks or anything I can make a specific ROM for the 7200. My understanding is they are the same Tab just the 7200 has less memory.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          I was just PM'ed by user x51 and he said it worked on the 7200. But if there are any quirks or anything I can make a specific ROM for the 7200. My understanding is they are the same Tab just the 7200 has less memory.

Bob
          Sorry Bob

Thought It was two seperate roms with me doing two boot screens

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
          <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
          <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
          <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
          https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
          </form>

Comment

Yes I have a 7200 boot screen (thanks Daman) all ready to go if people need a specific ROM. I can whip one out in about 30 minutes if you 7200 guys want your own!

Just let me know

Bob

Comment

ptab7200

Working great so far thanks

Comment

My p700 was working flawlessly when it locked up under app manager. After resetting the tablet gmail and market both say "No connection, Retry" even though I can log in under groove ip and I have a wifi connection established. Clicking on Retry does nothing.

Comment

I was able to get it to work again after going back into app manager and clearing out the data for gmail, market, google services framework. Seems that the google data sync options are missing from the settings menu. Is there a way to get those added in? It also asks me to calibrate the screen after every reboot and then fails to calibrate the screen and asks me to go to home screen or retry.

Comment

Realize I built this ROM using the "stock" ROM so these kinds of problems I seriously doubt are due to my ROM. All I did is convert a read only /system to a rw system. I also increased some space on things for a rooted system to have what is needed. So understand your still running off the same kernel and everything else! Again very seriously, these changes are not going to cause problems like you are describing.

However, understand this please...
                    Other apps you install or whatever NOW CAN replace system files and what not. So understand having root is a double edged sword! An app can HOSE your system by replacing files it could not do before! I almost gaurentee you something you installed is now causing your issue. It will not be my ROM changes that gave you this problem. Well I doubt it anyway...

You rooted guys, install a terminal emulator on your tab and remount /system as ro. This protects you from getting messed up by installs of apps that can possibly write to /system.

Again double edged sword here folks! Get root, and root can hose you up sometimes

Bob

Comment

The stock rom and the rooted one is missing the button for "Accounts and sync" in the main settings screen. I use the Synker widget which has a "Click here to visit the Accounts and sync settings page." button. This is the only way to get to that page. Also the Tablet is missing the OneTimeInitializer.apk which is part of the initial Startup-Google sign in. I recommend installing both. The synker app is on the market and the onetime...apk is part of Gapps. Also I found the physical home button does not send you home but seems to work for things like turning screen back on?

Comment

Well remember I do not have this tablet even though I rooted it. So I cannot test, try, or see whats going on.

You guys make a list and find the needed files for me and I would be glad to cook a new ROM.

Also I will be adding ext4 files system to this ROM for even better performance! Big thanks to Fenice for figuring out how to add ext4!!!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by jandrosh View Post
                          The stock rom and the rooted one is missing the button for "Accounts and sync" in the main settings screen. I use the Synker widget which has a "Click here to visit the Accounts and sync settings page." button. This is the only way to get to that page. Also the Tablet is missing the OneTimeInitializer.apk which is part of the initial Startup-Google sign in. I recommend installing both. The synker app is on the market and the onetime...apk is part of Gapps. Also I found the physical home button does not send you home but seems to work for things like turning screen back on?
                          I will look into adding the missing apks after work tomorrow. As for your home button not working, I am not sure, because the physical and on-screen ones work like normal on mine. Thanks for the tip on synker as a quick fix for the settings page. Will be fixed easily, but if you can't wait, there is that option. Also, I am working on getting the default download/app install to go to sdcard instead of internal nand, what do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by chidave09 View Post
                            I will look into adding the missing apks after work tomorrow.....Also, I am working on getting the default download/app install to go to sdcard instead of internal nand, what do you guys think?
                            Chidave have you had the time to make the changes that you mentioned above?

Comment

I have added the rest of gapps and changed built in file explorer. Haven't completely got the sd thing fixed, I have gotten it to download to sd, but it's a very quick throw together. I still have to package them and I will post both versions for sure tomorrow. Sorry I couldn't post tonight, some other stuff came up.

Comment

Working...
                              X