Calibrating screen on PMID1000b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calibrating screen on PMID1000b

Help! I re-flashed the stock ROM from southern telecom's website because my tablet was running sluggishly and I thought that might help. However, once I re-booted my tablet, the screen does not respond correctly to my touches. It's extremely inaccurate.

ETA: Just discovered that touch is accurate when the screen is in portrait mode. If I switch to landscape, I have the problem mentioned above.

Originally posted by simkelxo View Post
    Help! I re-flashed the stock ROM from southern telecom's website because my tablet was running sluggishly and I thought that might help. However, once I re-booted my tablet, the screen does not respond correctly to my touches. It's extremely inaccurate.

ETA: Just discovered that touch is accurate when the screen is in portrait mode. If I switch to landscape, I have the problem mentioned above.
    Yikes, not another one of these-I'd ask dolorespark-I know that there were some issues resolved with the PMID4311/Emerson touchscreen and dolorespark might be a good resource to help you.
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
      Yikes, not another one of these-I'd ask dolorespark-I know that there were some issues resolved with the PMID4311/Emerson touchscreen and dolorespark might be a good resource to help you.
      Thanks. I even downloaded an apk from xda called touchrecalibrate, and that didn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
        "Thanks for the vote of confidence", he said nervously

Originally posted by simkelxo View Post
        the screen does not respond correctly to my touches. It's extremely inaccurate.

@simkelxo: In Settings->Developer Options, enable "Show touches" then go to a blank desktop (if you have one). Touch each corner of the screen, touch the center, etc. The goal is to identify the specific issue: is the spot that gets displayed consistently off by a particular distance, are the X and Y coordinates switched, or are X and/or Y flipped (i.e. touching the top right puts the dot at the top left).

There are settings that control whether the X and Y values are exchanged or flipped but they aren't user-accessible. If you can nail down the problem, I may be able to fix this (though if the touch is always off by X millimeters, I probably won't be able to help).

Comment

I fixed it. I noticed that included in the folder of files for the stock ROM is another ROM image. I flashed that one and it works perfectly now. Thanks guys.

Also, if you guys know of any custom ROMs for this tablet, could you point me in their direction? Or do you know of any that are in the works? I really hate the stock ROM on this tablet.

Comment

I cannot Calibrating screen on my PMID1000b tab

Can any one help me to resolve this problem.
            Originally posted by dolorespark View Post
            "Thanks for the vote of confidence", he said nervously @simkelxo: In Settings->Developer Options, enable "Show touches" then go to a blank desktop (if you have one). Touch each corner of the screen, touch the center, etc. The goal is to identify the specific issue: is the spot that gets displayed consistently off by a particular distance, are the X and Y coordinates switched, or are X and/or Y flipped (i.e. touching the top right puts the dot at the top left).There are settings that control whether the X and Y values are exchanged or flipped but they aren't user-accessible. If you can nail down the problem, I may be able to fix this (though if the touch is always off by X millimeters, I probably won't be able to help).

Comment

I realize this thread was started three years ago, but I'm hoping someone can give me some direction.
              I had to format my aunt's polaroid tablet as well, and now the touch screen is off by a significant amount.
              I am curious how Simkelxo got the other IMG in the Livesuit program to boot on the tablet to fix the touch screen problem. I have tried multiple times, following the directions on the SouthernTelecom page, but the formatting process doesn't start automatically like the directions say it should.
              I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of how to get the device to take the format.
              Thanks!
              "I am a leaf on the wind..."

Comment

Working...
              X