[EXPERIMENTAL]PMID1000D Modified Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[EXPERIMENTAL]PMID1000D Modified Stock

Ok folks-here's the modified stock some of you have been asking for-I took out the preinstall apps (minus the Adobe Flash, which I can take out too if you all want), and verified it has root.

Please give it a whirl and provide feedback in this forum-I won't remove the 'experimental' tag until I hear from enough folks that it's stable.

Link: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...3626#post53626
    Last edited by elektrik; 05-19-2013, 17:13. Reason: Added new location of image to download
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

I'll give it a try. Downloading it now, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumm View Post
      I'll give it a try. Downloading it now, thanks.
      ok cool. if you could provide feedback here, ai'd appreciate it.

Comment

Its working great on this PMID1000D. The tablet itself feels a little slow, but the original also had a slow, clunky feel to it. I was handed this tablet from a family member and asked to get rid of all the crap and get Google on it. This did all the work for me.

It took me a while to get it on the tablet because I was having trouble with the Polaroid firmware tool. Couldn't get the thing working on Win8 but my Win7 computer worked.

Able to use Google Play, download apps and run them.

Anything you would like me to try on the tablet to bug test?

Comment

Originally posted by Flumm View Post
          Its working great on this PMID1000D. The tablet itself feels a little slow, but the original also had a slow, clunky feel to it. I was handed this tablet from a family member and asked to get rid of all the crap and get Google on it. This did all the work for me.

It took me a while to get it on the tablet because I was having trouble with the Polaroid firmware tool. Couldn't get the thing working on Win8 but my Win7 computer worked.

Able to use Google Play, download apps and run them.

Anything you would like me to try on the tablet to bug test?
          nope, the fact that it is working well is fine with me-I shy away from doing any performance tweaks on a tablet I don't physically have, so that ROM isn't much different from the stock. maybe when I'm more adventurous in the future I might add some tweaks.

Comment

Been using it for a couple of weeks now and everything seems to be working great but i do agree the performance of the tablet out of the box is not the best.

Comment

Originally posted by samtau View Post
              Been using it for a couple of weeks now and everything seems to be working great but i do agree the performance of the tablet out of the box is not the best.
              once I'm done with all the modified stock ROM requests (and making elektricity ROM), maybe i'll start a modified super stock where I incorporate some tweaks to make them a bit snappier....not quite elektricity but also not quite stock

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
                once I'm done with all the modified stock ROM requests (and making elektricity ROM), maybe i'll start a modified super stock where I incorporate some tweaks to make them a bit snappier....not quite elektricity but also not quite stock
                Enjoying this, and after installing supersu, setcpu, and pimpmyrom, it's much better. Thanks for getting the excess out of the way. Now to figure out how to get a custom recovery and kernel on this thing so as to adjust voltages (mine runs pretty hot at the processor, even on stock, underclocked)

Comment

Originally posted by mthous01 View Post
                  Enjoying this, and after installing supersu, setcpu, and pimpmyrom, it's much better.
                  Hi mthous01 and other readers...

Would you Please detail the setting you used with "SetCPU" and "Pimpmyrom" ....
                  I assume Supersu has not settings but I could be wrong....

Would these require the MOD firmware or could it be used on Stock Firmware...

When you say it is much better ... are you talking about the lagging and sluggish response..

On the issue of running Warm, I do agree....

Thanks for Any Input
                  Ed

Comment

Getting the LAG OUT Part #1

Hi to all Readers...

**DISCLAIMER: Do this at your own Risk ****

I have a PMID 1000D... and the LAG I am talking about is when You get
                    the message to "WAIT=REPORT=CLOSE APP"
                    I had this in MX Video Player, Default Browser, Yahoo Mail Client, FTPCafe Client, etc.

This is going to be a Multi Part Post as I work on other Items...
                    ================================================== =
                    First to the THANK YOU's ....
                    "Elektrik" for his work on the Modified Stock (Of Which I am using)
                    "mthous01" for his responses in helping me understand some finer Points...

================================================== =
                    On your main computer (Not the Tablet) download Elektrik's Modified Stock...322 mb
                    Link is in the First Post of this Thread....

While your at it goto Polaroid's site and download PMID 1000 Firmware... (1000D was courpt)
                    and 1000 is the same guts as the 1000D

Link: http://southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/index.html

File is 299 mb... This zip has the "LiveSuite" plus the instructions to Install the Image file...

Besure to follow the instructions and use the Modified Stock Image....

Now after you have installed this to the Tablet you can unhook the USB cable
                    for the time being ....
                    ================================================== ===
                    Step ONE... this is in the Settings ....

Set "Wifi" to a Static IP.... I assume you know enough about your router (ie)
                    SSID, Wireless Password, IP's of the DHCP as you want out of that....After the setup
                    wait for the Icon to Turn Blue ...

Step TWO....
                    In the Time & Date .. I unticked Automatic Date Time and Auto Time Zone....

Step THREE....
                    In the Developer Options
                    Turn Animation off in both Windows Animation Scale and Transition Animmation Scale....

Step FOUR...
                    Software Update: Untick "Auto Update"

Step FIVE...
                    Account & Sync...
                    Besure to Add your Google Account Info (need it for Google Play later)
                    Now Turn off the SYNC....

===============================================
                    Now is a Good time to Shutdown and Start again, use a stop watch, Mine did it in 34 seconds..
                    And this will get longer as you add apks....

Now after Wifi is up and all is running Good ....
                    ***** NOTE Wait on the Wifi to Turn Blue before doing anything else ...If you Rush it then the Wait
                    or Kill comes up ****

Goto Google Play ... as we need a couple things....

SuperSU by Chainfire.... I did these one at a time ... and starting each apk ....
                    besure to Allow Update "Normal"

BusyBox by Stephen (Stericson) once installed run it and "Install Normal"

ES File Explorer (I used ver 1.6.1.3) apk....
                    Run this and goto Setting ... Tick "Root Explorer", Tick "Mount File System" & Tick "Up to Root"
                    and Untick the Auto Check for Updates....

******** To Be Continued ********
                    Ed
                    Last edited by CaptED; 03-16-2013, 18:12.

Comment

Getting the LAG OUT Part #2

This is Continued from Above Post...

**Disclaimer *** DO AT YOUR OWN RISK....

Now in the ES File Explorer .. Settings change Home to "/" (ie) Root...

We are going to Edit the "build.prop"
                      Besure to make a copy of this file before doing anything ... IMPORTANT...

With ES File Explorer navigate to /system/ and you should see the file ....
                      "build.prop" press and hold on the file and you will get a menu.. Open as a Text file...
                      using Text editor that is offered up....

We are going to edit one line and add 2 lines....

Look for the Line
                      wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
                      (Changed from stock number to the 180)

Add the Following two lines...
                      debug.sf.hw = 1
                      (Render UI with GPU (relieves pressure on CPU).)
                      debug.sf.nobootanimation = 1
                      (Disable boot animation(speeds up boot time).)

===========================================
                      Shut Down and Start back Up... Waiting for the Wifi to turn Blue...
                      I personally do this before I do the Unlock Slide...
                      ==========================================

Now we have one more thing to do before installing alot of apps...
                      We need init.d services....

Link:
                      http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1933849

This is a Apk that will give "init.d" on any rooted Android device....

Download it ... Run it and click on Activate then once it is done click on Verify....

This is used mostly for Writing Scripts etc. and having them acted upon at boot time....

********** To Be Continued ****************
                      Last edited by CaptED; 03-16-2013, 18:11. Reason: Updating Info

Comment

Getting the LAG OUT Part #3

This is Continued from Above Post...

**Disclaimer *** DO AT YOUR OWN RISK....

Now to some IMPORTANT Apps ..

"ScreenShot Ultimate" by Ice Cold Apps.... I set this to have a trigger in the Notification Bar...
                        and to save the images on the External MicroSD ( /mnt/extsd/)
                        How many times do you wish while reading a post on the forum you had keep the info ...
                        Of course you could write it down ...

***** Cache Cleaning ***********
                        "App Cache Cleaner" by Infolife LLC
                        in the setting section ... change a few things..

Change "Auto Check Interval" to 1 hour...(Turn it OFF.. Read part #4 for Why)

TICK Auto Check when Too much Cache file... Warning comes up ...
                        Very bottom below Widget:
                        Tick "Tap Clear Mode" Now put the Widget on the Screen... I actually put one on each page....

******** Memory Manager ********************
                        " AutoKiller Memory Manager" I set this for "optimum" and set at Boot...
                        Now I did buy the Pro version .. but that was before I found out about init.d...

There is another apk. "minfreemanager" and after reading the reviews... makes it sound as if
                        it will write a script to init.d folder and will allow for saving and starting the memory manager at Boot time...
                        This I am not sure about... You may have to write the script yourself....

************** Terminal Emulator ************************
                        Now considering we are running a modified Firmware ... You may need to edit some files ....
                        I am using "Android Terminal Emulator" by Jack Palevich....
                        If you do NOT know how to get around in Linux @ command line level ..... leave this off....

***************** Setting the CPU Speed ***********************

I will be using "SetCPU for Root Users" by Michael Huang as it works and is easy...

I will update here as soon as I find the CPU Info I am looking for ....

********** To Be Continued ****************

Ed
                        Last edited by CaptED; 03-20-2013, 12:35. Reason: Updating INFO

Comment

Getting the LAG OUT Part #4

Hi to all Readers....

As all that have read the first 3 parts you find out this is a work in progress.....
                          and Yes I will go back and finish part 3 .....

Turns out I needed to break this down to 4 parts.... In this section I am going to note the
                          issues and workarounds that I have found while using the "[Experimental] PMID 1000D Mod. Stock"...

NOT a issue with the "Mod. Stock", but you will find that Youtube apk on Play will not allow you to
                          SignIN... Find a older version, 3505 works for me...

Issue with "Modified Stock" ..... In Google Play you CAN NOT Buy anything...
                          To Buy You must have a Google Wallet account.. and it is assigned to your Google Play ID...
                          To get around the issue above I simply buy the app on my main PC while logged in to Play store.
                          Then on my Tablet I open "Play" goto my apps... chose ALL and it shows up as a purchased app...

Now if none of this makes sense to You ... Go Checking the "Google Play Apk" and You will find a list
                          of all the things you have ever downloaded using this specific ID....
                          ================================================== =============
                          Problems with App Cache Cleaner ... Turn off the Clean ever hour.. and do the cleaning manually....
                          If you have the Widget on the screen it makes it simple...
                          I am often showing 44mb to 48 mb cache at startup .... wait for ever thing to settle down and click on the
                          Widget and all is okay...
                          Reason for turning off the Auto cleaning is during downloads it kills them in there tracks ...
                          Steaming a Video or Audio track from main computer messes up when it auto cleans ...
                          So I simply press the Widget before I start... and all is Okay...

================================================== =======
                          I have had about 4 days with the setup and find it just fine ... No More Lagging .....
                          I am not going to mess with the SetCPU at this time...
                          Last edited by CaptED; 03-20-2013, 12:45. Reason: Change in AppCacheCleaner

Comment

Does the PMID10C modified stock ROM have root? Mine seems to not have flashed with root according to Root Check, ES File Explorer, and SuperSU. Install and everything else seems fine. Also, how can I boot into recovery?

Thank you for your work Elektrik!

Jon
                            PMID10C

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanhatch View Post
                              Does the PMID10C modified stock ROM have root? Mine seems to not have flashed with root according to Root Check, ES File Explorer, and SuperSU. Install and everything else seems fine. Also, how can I boot into recovery?

Thank you for your work Elektrik!

Jon
                              PMID10C
                              It *should* have root, but as I always say on the disclaimer, YMMV, since I don't actually have the device. wasy way to tell though-install apps that require root and see if they work properly (ex. Titanium backup). as for 'recovery', these tablets don't have a usable stock recovery like, say CWM.

Comment

Working...
                              X