How to do a hard factory reset pmid701i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saurav View Post
    Two days back got this tab (Polaroid PMID 706) as a gift (new) and it was working like a dream, but suddenly I am facing this problem when I switch it on it does open but I am getting a blank screen and nothing else, it is charging also. I have reset the tab but to no avail.Would very much appreciate the help. Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Saurav

When you say 'reset' what do you mean? Please detail steps you've taken.
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
      When you say 'reset' what do you mean? Please detail steps you've taken.

clicking on the reset button at the back...

Comment

Originally posted by saurav View Post
        clicking on the reset button at the back...
        Gotcha...try holding the power button down for a VERY long time (like longer than 20 seconds....then try to turn on again.

Comment

You don't need to hard reset if you have a Google account before you've lock the device, and you bypass the password of the lock screen through the following steps:
          Step 1 Input any password arbitrary and the system will alert you that you have typed the wrong password for 5 times. Try it again 30 seconds latter.
          Step 2 At this time you can see "Forgotten the password" on the lower left corner of the unlock interface. Input the Google account and the password and you can have your phone unlocked.

But if don't have a google account, you should factory reset your Android phone. Turn off your device and then press some certain buttons combined, like "Power" + "Volume +", or "Home" + "Back", to enter Recovery Mode. Now you can tap "Wipe date/factory reset" to do a factory reset.
          Last edited by greypeter; 02-23-2016, 09:02.

Comment

Originally posted by greypeter View Post
            You don't need to hard reset if you have a Google account before you've lock the device, and you bypass the password of the lock screen through the following steps:
            Step 1 Input any password arbitrary and the system will alert you that you have typed the wrong password for 5 times. Try it again 30 seconds latter.
            Step 2 At this time you can see "Forgotten the password" on the lower left corner of the unlock interface. Input the Google account and the password and you can have your phone unlocked.

But if don't have a google account, you should factory reset your Android phone. Turn off your device and then press some certain buttons combined, like "Power" + "Volume +", or "Home" + "Back", to enter Recovery Mode. Now you can tap "Wipe date/factory reset" to do a factory reset.
            That actually won't work in this case. If he was seeing a black screen, it means the tablet was in 'upload' mode, and not the average boot mode. Your instructions would only work for someone who could boot android, but entered the incorrect password.

Comment

Originally posted by greypeter View Post

But if don't have a google account, you should factory reset your Android phone Turn off your device and then press some certain buttons combined, like "Power" + "Volume +", or "Home" + "Back", to enter Recovery Mode. Now you can tap "Wipe date/factory reset" to do a factory reset.
              Samsung Data Recovery can restore you lost data duo to formatted, deleted or lost.

Last edited by Tarriollaa; 09-14-2016, 02:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarriollaa View Post
                Samsung Data Recovery can restore you lost data duo to formatted, deleted or lost.
                As i know , the Samsung Data Recovery is focused on Samsung data recovery , but i don't know how it works for other phone , like the Htc ,Sony ,Motorola ,and other Android phone ,
                that is what i am worried about , there is a Android lost data recovery app , which supports all the Android phone to recover lost data ,
                Last edited by Xansker; 06-13-2017, 02:30.

Comment

Working...
                X