No announcement yet.

HOW TO ROOT POLAROID PMID705X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The notice would be nice for future users, but as I find the tab to be much more responsive with your rom I could care less if it's a downgrade... runs GREAT compared to the stock (which ran most things crappily, and had no market at all).

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1971 View Post
      The notice would be nice for future users, but as I find the tab to be much more responsive with your rom I could care less if it's a downgrade... runs GREAT compared to the stock (which ran most things crappily, and had no market at all).
      which is too bad really-puts out a lot of misperception that the hardware is uper inferior when it just needs some tweaks here and ther, just like any o.s.
      https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Help Pls - Root & Install PMID 705x Jelly Bean

Hi:

i am a total rookie w.r.to rooting. I just bought the PMID 705x running JB at Big Lots. I would love to root and get Google play installed. C from this forum that folks have been able to do this successfully - Can someone pls provide me with some Step by Step instructions so I dont brick the tablet. Thx much in advance.

RS

Comment

Sincere Thx R in Order!

My sincere thx 2 Elektrik and Jim. Even a dumb novice like me was (finally figured out that the step by step instructions ver rite there LOL!) able 2 follow and successfully install and get Play store working with E's img!!!!
          Truly Awesome. Thx again. also, seems much faster!

fyi, I noticed 2day that Polaroid ow has the JB image available on their site...

also, a quick question - how do i get root access? checked with root checker and comes back with sorry, you don't have root access. any help is gr8ly appreciated.

Comment

Re: HOW TO ROOT POLAROID PMID705X?

You have to download the superuser app in the play store (the one by chainsdd) and once you install it you should be good to go. For some reason the supersu that's preinstalled doesn't like our tabs. After you install superuser, you can grant root access to supersu and use it instead, whatever's your personal preference...

Sent from the cutting edge of my Droid RAZR MAXX

Comment

Getting Root access...thx again

[QUOTE=hootowlserenade;61267]You have to download the superuser app in the play store (the one by chainsdd) and once you install it you should be good to go. For some reason the supersu that's preinstalled doesn't like our tabs. After you install superuser, you can grant root access to supersu and use it instead, whatever's your personal preference...

Graet...thx 4 the tip...did it and works like a charm

Comment

Originally posted by rsri View Post
                My sincere thx 2 Elektrik and Jim. Even a dumb novice like me was (finally figured out that the step by step instructions ver rite there LOL!) able 2 follow and successfully install and get Play store working with E's img!!!!
                Truly Awesome. Thx again. also, seems much faster!

fyi, I noticed 2day that Polaroid ow has the JB image available on their site...

also, a quick question - how do i get root access? checked with root checker and comes back with sorry, you don't have root access. any help is gr8ly appreciated.
                The Polaroid firmware page LISTS both ICS and JB image downloads, but both links are broken. I sent them an email.

Comment

new firmware

[QUOTE=geronimo52;61272]The Polaroid firmware page LISTS both ICS and JB image downloads, but both links are broken. I sent them an email.[/QUOT

yeah inoticed that as well after i dloaded the ics ver-

Comment

I'm lovin elektrik's ROM, but it is nice to know that polaroid released the JB image.... just in case... however it runs so much smoother on elektric's rom I'll probably never go back to JB unless elektrik does something with it.

Sent from the cutting edge of my Droid RAZR MAXX

Comment

glad u guys like. now that I fixed a major problem with my custom rom, i have some time to go back and fix the su problem. any takes to test for me? I might even throw in a tweak or teo if I get an enthisiatic enough response ;-)

Comment

I'm down for a test :-)

Snapped from my Elektrik Polaroid PMID705X

Comment

Originally posted by hootowlserenade View Post
                          I'm down for a test :-)

That's cool and I'll definitely fix the SU, but for me to attempt to tweak a ROM without hardware I own, I want more than one tester-no offense intended.

Comment

BEST CODEC FOR PMID705X

Trying to watch movies on tablet, but it says need to install codec to be able to watch them. what is the best one for our device? Also which camera is the best to take pictures, and the plug in that comes with device is wrong one.

Comment

Originally posted by ysheila76 View Post
                              Trying to watch movies on tablet, but it says need to install codec to be able to watch them. what is the best one for our device? Also which camera is the best to take pictures, and the plug in that comes with device is wrong one.
                              I would try mx video player, you should be able to fnd it easily in the play store... you should be able to play almost all video files with it, even .mov files and .mkv files

Comment

Thank you

Sent from my PMID705X using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                                X