Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOW TO ROOT POLAROID PMID705X?

Originally posted by Briteyez83 View Post
    Ugh nothing is happening. Trying it again......my first phone i rooted was the droid X and that was such a hassel cause of the locked bootloader. My D4 has it to but its a piece of cake now. Lol
    Did you install all of the drivers in the livesuit package? I have a windows7 64bit pc that I had to install the 32 bit drivers and put them in compatibility mode to get my tablet recognized properly. If you have teamviewer installed on your pc I can check your setup if you're not sure.

Snapped from my Elektrik Polaroid PMID705X

Comment

Originally posted by hootowlserenade View Post
      Did you install all of the drivers in the livesuit package? I have a windows7 64bit pc that I had to install the 32 bit drivers and put them in compatibility mode to get my tablet recognized properly. If you have teamviewer installed on your pc I can check your setup if you're not sure.

Snapped from my Elektrik Polaroid PMID705X
      Im not sure. I have a lenovo T420 its 64bit. What is teamviewer?

Comment

Do you have google talk?

Comment

Remote desktop access solutions by TeamViewer: connect to remote computers, provide remote support & collaborate online ➤ Free for personal use!

It is a remote client for accessing your pc from another pc. If you install it (make sure to install it for personal use, as that is free.) you can send me a pm with the access code and password (it changes the password everytime you restart your computer, so no worries about anyone accessing without your permission) I have to go to work in 45 minutes though, so if you don't get setup with it until then I'll have to wait until I get off work.

Comment

Do you have google talk?
            I do.

I'm sending you a pm with my gmail.

Comment

I do.

I'm sending you a pm with my gmail.
              Choosing install type for teamviewer do i choose no(default) or yes?

Comment

Choosing install type for teamviewer do i choose no(default) or yes?
                Not sure what option it is... but default is probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
                  That's cool and I'll definitely fix the SU, but for me to attempt to tweak a ROM without hardware I own, I want more than one tester-no offense intended.
                  I flashed your rom for this device and i cant not get su to install. SU is already installed on the rom so when i opened it from the play store I got a pop up from SuperSU Saying "The SU binary needs to be updated. Continue?" I press continue then im asked how i would like to install. Either normal or TWRP/CWM. I tap normal and it seems to work but then I get a pop up tellng me "Installation failed!" I dont know how to read the logcat but i saved that part where i open su and it failing. I can email it to you if you like. I would love to be a tester and get this rom going. I really miss having TB and cant stand he bloatware. Let me knoe if i can help futher.

Comment

ok ok guys. hint taken. i'll start working on it today
                    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

alrighty folks-try this one and provide me feedback.. If it works, I'll replace the experimental version I have posted

Comment

alrighty folks-try this one and provide me feedback.. If it works, I'll replace the experimental version I have posted

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg64q26e4l...fied_stock.img
                        Is it an image file?

Comment

Is it an image file?
                          Yes but I just tried it and can't get WiFi to connect... see if you have the same issue...

Sent from the cutting edge of my Droid RAZR MAXX

Comment

Is it an image file?
                            Duh, sorry. Lol

Comment

Yes but I just tried it and can't get WiFi to connect... see if you have the same issue...

I get this once in a great while with my 701C...for some reason the image doesn't flash right. try flashing again and see if that makes any difference.

Comment

I get this once in a great while with my 701C...for some reason the image doesn't flash right. try flashing again and see if that makes any difference.
                                OK I'll try

Comment

Working...
                                X