HOW TO ROOT POLAROID PMID705X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought it today at Big Lots and no surprise no google play store. How can I root my device?

I moved your post to the proper forum!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by ysheila76 View Post
      Just bought it today at Big Lots and no surprise no google play store. How can I root my device?
      I believe Elektrik has a custom rom for your device. I don't think it has been tested, but his roms come rooted and probably have Play store installed but he can tell you more.

See thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...0951#post40951 for rom

Comment

Originally posted by jtintle View Post
        I believe Elektrik has a custom rom for your device. I don't think it has been tested, but his roms come rooted and probably have Play store installed but he can tell you more.

See thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...0951#post40951 for rom
        yep. it is a modified stock with the bloat removed. I made it at the request of someone who requested it previously but never provided any feedback. it may be completely fine-I don't know because I dpn't have the device but i'm pretty sure it will work
        https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
          yep. it is a modified stock with the bloat removed. I made it at the request of someone who requested it previously but never provided any feedback. it may be completely fine-I don't know because I dpn't have the device but i'm pretty sure it will work
          I couldn't download it, but I'm downloading the live suite image for flashing and after that I don't know what to do. I failed to mention that it is running jelly bean, 4.1.1. I've rooted the polaroid ptab7200 before with success with step by step instructions.If you could guide me the same way with this pmid705x, I think I'll be able to do it. This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
          <tree><message type="SUCCESS"/><require_auth/></tree>
          This is what it shows when I try to download your file.
          Thank you for the help in advance.

Comment

I couldn't download it, but I'm downloading the live suite image for flashing and after that I don't know what to do. I failed to mention that it is running jelly bean, 4.1.1. I've rooted the polaroid ptab7200 before with success with step by step instructions.If you could guide me the same way with this pmid705x, I think I'll be able to do it. This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
            <tree><message type="SUCCESS"/><require_auth/></tree>
            This is what it shows when I try to download your file.
            Thank you for the help in advance.
            Sorry I linked to the old download thread, try http://www.freak-tab.de/Elektrik/PMID705X.img

also for live suit directions, follow these directions: http://southerntelecom.com/polaroids..._pmid705x.html

use whatever img you want. as for step by step, maybe E can help you out

Comment

Sorry I linked to the old download thread, try http://www.freak-tab.de/Elektrik/PMID705X.img

also for live suit directions, follow these directions: http://southerntelecom.com/polaroids..._pmid705x.html

use whatever img you want. as for step by step, maybe E can help you out
              Thank you, jtintle for the new thread. I'm downloading it now.

Comment

Thank you, jtintle for the new thread. I'm downloading it now.
                You're welcome, hope it works well for you. I think Elektrik would love to hear how that rom works...

Comment

I tried to install the custom rom listed in this thread on my pmid705X. It didn't work out for me. When I was connecting my tablet to the computer, it was not recognizing it when I selected the IMG file for the custom rom. So I thought that I needed to factory reset the tablet before being able to install a custom rom (don't know why I thought that was the problem) and I loaded the IMG file that was on the support forum, and presto my tablet was recognized in the livesuite program, and I proceeded to flash the IMG file from polaroid. Well upon first boot I thought it looked a little different than the JB that was on it when it shipped, and I'll be now I am running ICS. I tried to go to system updates, but it keeps saying that I'm up to date. The weird thing is now I have full root, I only needed to download the superuser app from the market (I had no issues installing the android market, it actually went smoother than the stock JB)... so now I have root, but I do not have any more JB goodness. I tried to reconnect the tablet to the computer (for livesuite) and it is not recognized anymore... once connected it just gives a popup that says "OK" It's fine I guess being that I'm rooted I can do a lot more with it, but now I"m a little worried that I no longer have a way to flash anything onto it... Is there a different procedure for plugging it in with the ICS kernel on it? Maybe it has to been in a power on state now?

Comment

Re: HOW TO ROOT POLAROID PMID705X?

Originally posted by hootowlserenade View Post
                    I tried to install the custom rom listed in this thread on my pmid705X. It didn't work out for me. When I was connecting my tablet to the computer, it was not recognizing it when I selected the IMG file for the custom rom. So I thought that I needed to factory reset the tablet before being able to install a custom rom (don't know why I thought that was the problem) and I loaded the IMG file that was on the support forum, and presto my tablet was recognized in the livesuite program, and I proceeded to flash the IMG file from polaroid. Well upon first boot I thought it looked a little different than the JB that was on it when it shipped, and I'll be now I am running ICS. I tried to go to system updates, but it keeps saying that I'm up to date. The weird thing is now I have full root, I only needed to download the superuser app from the market (I had no issues installing the android market, it actually went smoother than the stock JB)... so now I have root, but I do not have any more JB goodness. I tried to reconnect the tablet to the computer (for livesuite) and it is not recognized anymore... once connected it just gives a popup that says "OK" It's fine I guess being that I'm rooted I can do a lot more with it, but now I"m a little worried that I no longer have a way to flash anything onto it... Is there a different procedure for plugging it in with the ICS kernel on it? Maybe it has to been in a power on state now?
                    When running the livesuit package, is your tablet is powered off, and disconnected from the computer? Then once you have the img selected try plugging the usb in while holding the menu button. You should hear a beep if it recognizes the tablet and should install the rom. At least that's how my 701c running ICS

Sent from my 701c using Tapatalk 2

Comment

When running the livesuit package, is your tablet is powered off, and disconnected from the computer? Then once you have the img selected try plugging the usb in while holding the menu button. You should hear a beep if it recognizes the tablet and should install the rom. At least that's how my 701c running ICS

Sent from my 701c using Tapatalk 2
                      Ok... I tried again to install elektrik's stock rom.... all attempts failed to get the tab to be recognized in livesuit. I figured why not see if I can even flash the "stock" image (which isn't stock because my tab was shipped with JB and the image is for ICS) anyway, I was able to get the computer to see the tab no problem once I selected the stock image in livesuit. I figured maybe I did something wrong and then tried again with elektriks rom image... and the same popup dialog that only says "OK" on it pops up anytime I try loading his rom... once I click the OK button it just completely shuts down livesuit.. if I select the "stock" image it doesn't give the "OK" popup, it just goes on to the flashing process... maybe I have a bad download? Is there a MD5 that I can cross reference for the download? I didn't see one in the thread with all his roms.

Comment

With only 1 (very minor) change I got this to work for me on my PMID705X... when I downloaded elektrik's image I overwrote the one in the livesuite package (so that it had the same name, but was actually elektrik's image)... The only other problem I had was that I had to change the USB port I used (I have both 2.x and 3.x USB ports, not sure which is which)... After that it installed with no problems, and runs fantastically!

Thank you elektrik!
                        And before anyone asks: Yes, I did register just to say "Thank you"... elektrik deserves it

.. but because of this I will most likely be checking out this place every few days from now on

Comment

Ok, just found a minor problem... there is a new app called "reboot" in the apps drawer... and if I try to run it I get a popup that says "You don't have root access"...

Comment

Ok, solved that last problem too, seems SuperSU that comes with the image is not working, but SuperUser (by ChainsDD on the market) does... All is puppies and rainbows with my tablet now

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1971 View Post
                              Ok, solved that last problem too, seems SuperSU that comes with the image is not working, but SuperUser (by ChainsDD on the market) does... All is puppies and rainbows with my tablet now
                              hehe. and THAT my friends is why I put the 'experimental' tag on ROMs for hardware I don't own-way too hard to troubleshoot without testers hehe
                              https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Working...
                              X