Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Root guide for Polaroid P9/Q9 PTAB940/PTAB941 (from Shopko)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Root guide for Polaroid P9/Q9 PTAB940/PTAB941 (from Shopko)?

Copy pasted from the main forum (original by me as well)

Does anyone have any advice on rooting this particular tablet? I've never seen any forum posts about it on here or XDA or anywhere. The factory ROM isn't even available on the manufacturer website even though the ROMs of other older tablets of theirs are!!!
    There is some talk of Polaroid All In One Root but apparently that only works for ICS of below tabs and this one runs KitKat. So yeah, probably no dice there.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

After doing a bit more digging after making the original version of this post I found an XDA thread talking about the 10 inch variant of this tablet Polaroid P10/Q10, and there was a root installer linked that you can put onto your SD card and flash using stock recovery updater. People reported success but ran into a somewhat fatal glitch that causes factory reset on every reboot and there does not appear to be a fix... So so far i have the option of rooting with that root installer, having to go through the trouble of wiping everything from my tablet and reinstalling it at least once, and praying to god I don't let the battery die or forget and turn it off by accident... Or I can not and be stuck stock until someone finds a reliable fix to the root issues. Which based on the average development activity in the generic budget tablet scene, is never going to happen...

Comment

I have the Polaroid p900 Q900 my wife gave me for christmas from Shopko in North Platte, ne. It came with android 4.42 . Has a 9 inch scrren, and rooted it with Kingo root on my old windows XP computer. It has a Media tech processor and is similar to the phone. There are probably several ways to root it but that is how I rooted mine.

Comment

Working...
      X