No announcement yet.

Is there Rom/Root for Polaroid S7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I barely use mine cause its so slow and glitches all the time......

Comment

Originally posted by Briteyez83 View Post
      I barely use mine cause its so slow and glitches all the time......
      I have no problems, so far, after one day...

What kind of problems were you having?
      Polaroid S8
      Blackberry Torch
      Kindle Fire HD Gen 2 - Wifes
      Nokia 520 Windows 8 - Wifes
      (3) Nextbook 7s - Slooooooow - (Finless Bob ROM) - used for kids e-readers
      (2) Samsung Exhibits - kids
      Samsung Blaze, Kindle Fire, (2) PMID701c (Elektrik ROM) - all RIP
      ...some laptops, some PC's and some routers / switches

Comment

Originally posted by mjwitt2 View Post
        Big thank you to balrogbob for helping get root! The deal with that crappy software was actually a HUGE help with getting ADB to work.

I had a little difficulty getting and keeping root though, so I used this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460. It actually allowed me to keep root...I don't know why, but I was only getting temp root for some reason? But the updated code from Bin4ry made it stick.

The gapps thing doesn't work for whatever reason, but I found something else that does. Again from XDA, I found that the process for getting the Play store to work on a Kindle Fire HD was the same for any rooted device. It's a fairly easy process and all the instructions and files can be found here:
        http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2365224.

I'm working on getting TWRP or Clockworkmod recovery binaries to work with this tablet so that maybe I can get Cyanogenmod to work on this tablet. I got it for 50 bucks at Kohl's so I'm going to see what this thing can do. I got to say that out of the box, the battery really sucks and with Apex launcher, the touch screen is really buggy. But, all in all, it's a great 50 dollar tablet for my four year old daughter to play her favorite apps.

Thanks to all of those who did the development for root and such. I wanted to contribute what worked for me and what didn't. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Hope this helps someone!
        I tried to root, but I cant seem to get it through? I get stuck on daemon started successfully, but I nothing happens.

Comment

I didn't see this addressed here or on the other boards...

Will this root method work on roid-droid S7, 4.2 JB? or does the new version ID need to be put into the code, first?

Comment

Never mind, I found it... Duh!

Originally posted by MoFiZiX Gr4FiX View Post
            Will this root method work on roid-droid S7, 4.2 JB? or does the new version ID need to be put into the code, first?
            Here it is--->>>

Comment

PMID 720 Rooting

Originally posted by balrogbob View Post
              Alrighty. First, What you need:

A crappy app, called Moborobo. It does some wicked magic to make adb work with this tab without drivers, tho. Download from their website: www.moborobo.com/‎ EDIT: moroboro installs 2 apps on your tablet, just remove them when done.

This zip file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Bin4ry_v30.zip
              or, the one with gapps: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...plus_gapps.zip (give it a couple hours from the post time to finish uploading.)

Step by step without Gapps:

1. Install Moroboro.
              2. Start up Moroboro.
              3. Enable USB debugging under Developer options in the system menu.
              4. Plug in the tablet.
              5. Wait for Moroboro to display info about the tablet. It should show free space on your tablet plus its correct name.
              6. Shut down Moroboro.
              7. Extract the zip file (either one for this step, but use gapps one if you plan to install them.)
              8. Double Click RunMe.Bat
              9. Select the first option, say yes to any prompts.
              10. Wait. the tablet will reboot a few times, don't unplug it. DON'T UNPLUG IT.
              11. After final Reboot you have root!
              12. ???
              13. PROFIT!

The Gapps step is DANGEROUS! But only if you don't follow my directions EXACTLY. Copy and past any commands. Don't type them, just to be absolutely safe. I take no responsibility if you brick your device. You can most likely install the standard set of apks as a user, but this method gets almost everything in market showing up, no restarts, no errors, no crashes. All sync working, and paid apps.

1. Open a command window and navigate to the extracted contents of the root zip. DON'T extract the gapps zip. leave it alone.
              2. Paste this command into the command window and press enter: adb push gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip /sdcard/
              3. Do the same for these commands:

adb shell
              su
              mount -o remount,rw /system
              busybox unzip /sdcard/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip /system

4. When it asks to overwite a file, type a, it may need to be small or caps depending on the prompt.
              5. Cross fingers and pray.
              6. Paste these commands:

mount -o remount,ro /system
              reboot

7. Once the tablet reboots, launch play store, enter credentials, and download any gapps that need updating or didn't install. The gapps package I use has some of the memory hogs removed, they can be installed through market.
              8. ???
              9. MORE PROFIT!

EDIT: you may also be able to do this same thing with root explorer or es file explorer in root mode. I dont want to re-risk my tab to test that tho. I've done the adb method twice now without problems.

BalrogBob, once king of the PLANET(Pandigital), now king of the Ess of Sevens!
              Hey Balrog,
              I just got the PMID 720. I want to install the dropbox with Gapps. Your instructions says Step by Step without Gapps. Since I want the Gapps do I still follow the Steps 1-13 then open a CMD prompt and do the Gapps afterwards?
              Or
              Do I skip the Moroboro stuff and start with
              "1. Open a command window and navigate to the extracted contents of the root zip. DON'T extract the gapps zip. leave it alone." and just only do those steps.

Thanks
              spart

Comment

TWRP or CWM recoveries

Big thank you to balrogbob for helping get root! The deal with that crappy software was actually a HUGE help with getting ADB to work.

I had a little difficulty getting and keeping root though, so I used this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460. It actually allowed me to keep root...I don't know why, but I was only getting temp root for some reason? But the updated code from Bin4ry made it stick.

The gapps thing doesn't work for whatever reason, but I found something else that does. Again from XDA, I found that the process for getting the Play store to work on a Kindle Fire HD was the same for any rooted device. It's a fairly easy process and all the instructions and files can be found here:

I'm working on getting TWRP or Clockworkmod recovery binaries to work with this tablet so that maybe I can get Cyanogenmod to work on this tablet. I got it for 50 bucks at Kohl's so I'm going to see what this thing can do. I got to say that out of the box, the battery really sucks and with Apex launcher, the touch screen is really buggy. But, all in all, it's a great 50 dollar tablet for my four year old daughter to play her favorite apps.

Thanks to all of those who did the development for root and such. I wanted to contribute what worked for me and what didn't. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Hope this helps someone!
                Saw your post. Were you able to install TWRP or CWM on your PMID 720? And if so could you share it?

Thanks

Spart

Comment

Originally posted by MoFiZiX Gr4FiX View Post

This links is for the S8. Does it also work on the S7? Thanks.

Comment

TWRP or CWM Recovery

Were you able to get TWRP or CWM recovery going for the PMID 720? I'd be very curious and would like to get it.

Thanks
                    Adam

Hope this helps someone!

Comment

Working...
                    X