Problems with a new-to-me PTAB8000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with a new-to-me PTAB8000

So I got a used PTAB8000 earlier today, to play around with the idea of getting a 'proper' tablet in the future (I don't know how much I'd use it, so I'm hoping to use this one as a starting point to see if it'd work for me. If it doesn't work well, I'm not out a whole lot of money). However, it doesn't have an app store installed that I can find, and the Amazon app store that I'd prefer to use out of the options (just because I know Amazon) won't download because the software isn't high enough. But the tablet says it has no updates, and when I plug it into my computer, the computer doesn't recognize the tablet as a device.

Ideally, I'd like to get an app onto the tablet that I can access and edit Google Sheets. That would be the ideal end goal. However, right now I'm confused, there's not a whole bunch of information on Polaroid tablets to start with, and as this tablet was bought used, there's even less information about its history.

I'm not exactly sure which issue to start with, so if anyone has any advice at all, I'd appreciate it.
Working...
X