Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

****OFFICIAL Polaroid PMID701c THREAD! root, market, and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tablet Running Slow

Hello,

I updated the OS with the elektrik version a while back and the tablet is running slow. I was wondering if there was an updated version I could install that might help performance.

Currently running:

Android version 4.0.3, Kernel version 3.0.8+ Android@keenhi, Build number PMID0X.v01.20120808

Thanks,
    Todd

Comment

Originally posted by toddebennett View Post
      Hello,

I updated the OS with the elektrik version a while back and the tablet is running slow. I was wondering if there was an updated version I could install that might help performance.

Currently running:

Android version 4.0.3, Kernel version 3.0.8+ Android@keenhi, Build number PMID0X.v01.20120808

Thanks,
      Todd
      Odd...which version of Elektricity ROM are you running? how long has it been on there?
      https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
        Odd...which version of Elektricity ROM are you running? how long has it been on there?
        Since 6/2013. How do I find out what version it is?

Comment

I have a Polaroid tablet had it about a month and it shut off one day an I have been trying for weeks and cannot get it to turn back on. I've tried plugging it into the charger overnight and still nothing, I have it currently plugged into my phone charger but still nothing every once in a while when I wiggle the charger cord the battery appears on screen all red but nothing else. How can I fix this

Comment

Originally posted by Vansmomma View Post
            I have a Polaroid tablet had it about a month and it shut off one day an I have been trying for weeks and cannot get it to turn back on. I've tried plugging it into the charger overnight and still nothing, I have it currently plugged into my phone charger but still nothing every once in a while when I wiggle the charger cord the battery appears on screen all red but nothing else. How can I fix this
            Sounds like the connector for the USB inside the tablet is unstable/broken, but to be sure, I'd try to plug in a different charger cable to see if the cable instead. If not, then I'd return it to whomever you bought it from.

Comment

Did you try a hard reset while plugged in? If that doesn't work, hold the power and volume up buttons at the same time and see if it enters the bios menu.

Comment

Originally posted by vannatte View Post
                Did you try a hard reset while plugged in? If that doesn't work, hold the power and volume up buttons at the same time and see if it enters the bios menu.
                The fact that he occasionally sees the battery icon tells me that it's a charging issue.

Comment

I have the PMID701C and it was given to me by a family member. I managed to add my own email account to it, but I am trying to delete the account that they had on there. I do not know how to do that. I have tinkered around with it for two hours and I don't find any way to remove it. I am not going to reset the tablet. I just want to delete the previous email account. Can someone please help me with this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sammigirl View Post
                    I have the PMID701C and it was given to me by a family member. I managed to add my own email account to it, but I am trying to delete the account that they had on there. I do not know how to do that. I have tinkered around with it for two hours and I don't find any way to remove it. I am not going to reset the tablet. I just want to delete the previous email account. Can someone please help me with this?
                    It's been a while since I played with ICS but I believe there is an 'accounts' section. If you select the individual account, you should be able to select a menu that says "remove account"

Comment

I have played around with it a lot and looked at that accounts section. If you select Accounts, it just shows the email accounts. If you select account settings, it shows different things you can change, but there is nothing that gives an option for deleting or removing an account. I am assumming most people on this thread have a PMID701C. Please look around at your device and see if there is a way to remove the account. The only thing I can think of to do is to change the settings and change the incoming and outgoing settings and the account name and all that stuff and have it just replace the old account. But I would appreciate knowing how to just remove it. Thanks.

Sammigirl

Comment

I have played around with it a lot and looked at that accounts section. If you select Accounts, it just shows the email accounts. If you select account settings, it shows different things you can change, but there is nothing that gives an option for deleting or removing an account. I am assumming most people on this thread have a PMID701C. Please look around at your device and see if there is a way to remove the account. The only thing I can think of to do is to change the settings and change the incoming and outgoing settings and the account name and all that stuff and have it just replace the old account. But I would appreciate knowing how to just remove it. Thanks.

Sammigirl
                        No, you missed what I was saying. If you select the account itself, there should be a vertical menu (indicated by 3 vertical dots at the top right of the tablet). That is where you would select and 'remove' the account.

Comment

Yes...I know exactly what you are talking about and there is nothing there that would allow me to remove the account. You can change details of the account, but there is nothing that allows you to remove an account. Please help. Is there some other app that must be downloaded or something?

Comment

Yes...I know exactly what you are talking about and there is nothing there that would allow me to remove the account. You can change details of the account, but there is nothing that allows you to remove an account. Please help. Is there some other app that must be downloaded or something?
                            Here. I've included a pic
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                            X