Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

****OFFICIAL Polaroid PMID701c THREAD! root, market, and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulation on your work on real hacking

Hey bought one of the 701c really impressed with it and even more impressed with the job you guys are doing with the experimentation and the upgrading you are doing to this little machine. I have already looped one and I have been playing like this for many years including routers like the linksys. Anyway I really think you guys need to do like they are doing the current Star War films they are screwing up. Do a STICKY of what to do as a BACKUP before you get down and actually start flashing the unit with your frankenstein stuff......You guys have the knowledge on this one ....I started in computers on the Vic 20. But this is a whole new ball game for me similar yes but different. How bout a sticky for a complete BACKUP TO KEEP FROM BRICKING. An congratulations on getting this one rooted...........BiLL

Comment

Still working on that Bill

Since polaroid has not provided the orginal ROM or a UpdateROM we are still trying to construct one. It's gettting close(r).

BTW You can not brick the A10. You can re-flash from a utl called livesuite reguardless of the state of the installed OS. HOWEVER we need a working ROM to flash (see first point)!

Look at the I found a usefull tool post and get the snowbreeze.zip. It has a rom cooking tool and livesuite.

Comment

First of all, thank you all for the wonderful work on that little tablet, I also snatched one of them the other day and so far so good, following the instructions here I managed to have a working Android Market/Play and install all the other Google native apps.
        At first my Play icon was the old one as well, but I downloaded the latest .apk and installed again, now is with the new icon and still working.
        I also renamed the phone.apk, but I still not sure if that has any effect at all, at least for now, it will be nice if we can somehow remove the whole service bars from the upper drawer.
        Another thing, I noticed - when running Quadrant, I checked the hardware specs and it is showing Mali-400 MP, which is the gpu of Samsung GS2 and few other phones using Exynos chip set, so could that be true, or Quadrant is reading it wrong?
        There are 2 minor issues for me so far with the tablet:
        - Viewing angles are not the best, but that is what a man gets for $99
        - The Turning On/Off widget on the desktop is causing it to reboot every once in a while, especially when you are trying to turn it on.
        Oh and another one, I tried to watch a few movies using the stock app and Mobo as well, but on both it seems the audio and video are out of sync, is there any fix for this?

Comment

The allwinner a10 is a cortex a8 and mali400 in one package, so yes it's in there.

One question for you notpod if you had tried. Are you sure we will be able to use snowbreeze for reconstructing the original? Looks like it says it supports ics and 2.3.7, do you think it will stll do the 2.3.4 we have installed?

Comment

Originally posted by trentbg View Post
            Oh and another one, I tried to watch a few movies using the stock app and Mobo as well, but on both it seems the audio and video are out of sync, is there any fix for this?
            I downloaded NoFrillsCPU from the market, and set both the minimum and the maximum as 1.008ghz. This prevents my processor speed from slowing down while watching saved movies and netflix and keeps the audio sync just fine. The app also allows the option to set it higher than 1.0008ghz, but each time I tried to go any higher, the tablet would just reboot.
            Two things to keep in mind if you decide to do this:
            1)Your battery will drain faster while your running at full capacity like that, so unless you have it plugged in very often, you'll need to set it back when you arent watching something
            2) If you decide to try going higher than 1.0008ghz, MAKE SURE you do not check the "apply on boot" option, because the app will a attempt to set your CPU as soon as you boot, and if NoFrills is doing this upon boot but can't fully start up you'll create a boot loop that we do not yet have a fix for.

Hope this helps, and btw, welcome to the group and I'm glad you found some of our info useful

Comment

Thanks artistlogic for the helpful suggestions. Your battery tip works great for my battery. Was wondering if your stock music app is not working once you did the battery fix? Mine seems to work after i go into file manager and play my tune from in there. Also do u remember what the minimum speed was for this polaroid tablet in the nofrills app. I uninstalled the app but not sure if it set it back to default. Sorry im new to android. Thanks again..

Comment

Originally posted by alphasurfer View Post
                Thanks artistlogic for the helpful suggestions. Your battery tip works great for my battery. Was wondering if your stock music app is not working once you did the battery fix? Mine seems to work after i go into file manager and play my tune from in there. Also do u remember what the minimum speed was for this polaroid tablet in the nofrills app. I uninstalled the app but not sure if it set it back to default. Sorry im new to android. Thanks again..
                Min speed is 60hz.

Comment

I have a PMID 701c running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and Want to Access the "Google Play" Android Market

I have a PMID 701c running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich...

...Do any of you know the easiest way to access the "Google Play" Android Market w/ this OS configuration?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky Breakz View Post
                    I have a PMID 701c running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich...

...Do any of you know the easiest way to access the "Google Play" Android Market w/ this OS configuration?
                    care to share with us how you achieved this? How well does it run with ICS?

Comment

Originally posted by artistlogic View Post
                      care to share with us how you achieved this? How well does it run with ICS?
                      It came that way. Bought it on the web for $150. Works pretty good, but after using the Android Market for a couple years now on my mobile phone, the Amazon or Get Jar app stores just don't cut it...

...Any suggestions?

Comment

They are out there at 149
                        Shown as PMID701 without the C at the end

Biglots 701c
                        Rooted - Super 1 Click
                        Updated Google Play Store
                        Phone.old
                        SystemUi.apk Mod - Status Bar

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky Breakz View Post
                          It came that way. Bought it on the web for $150. Works pretty good, but after using the Android Market for a couple years now on my mobile phone, the Amazon or Get Jar app stores just don't cut it...

...Any suggestions?
                          Well my best suggestion would be to try going through what we have already done. Just understand that since none of us have it directly we cant give many assurances on what will or wont work for that particular tablet. I would probably be more inclined to try the procedure that N4RPS had put out that is on page 1 of this sticky thread since if problems pop up they would be easier to isolate than trying to go straight for the APK that Petrus made up since I dont know what sort of things it might do with a ROM that it wasnt designed for. Sounds like he was going for something that might work, but no guarantees. I would recomend starting a new thread though so it has it's own home.

The thread for the Petrus AppInjector APK is here:

(I will say we would love to get ahold of the ROM for that though )

Comment

I see that one without the C at the end has no different hardware, so if only we can get that ICS stock rom in our hands...

Comment

The only hardware difference I can see is that the PMID701 has an HDMI out port instead of the 3.5mm jack. Must also be software support as well in the ROM that would need to be disabled for the PMID701C version.
                              Biglots 701c
                              Rooted - Super 1 Click
                              Updated Google Play Store
                              Phone.old
                              SystemUi.apk Mod - Status Bar

Comment

Found another good resource page with many general references dealing with these A10 tablets.

Just a heads up Nicky, there is some info on installing market on an ICS tablet there

Comment

Working...
                                X