Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

****OFFICIAL Polaroid PMID701c THREAD! root, market, and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N4RPS View Post
    Hello!

Why use Skyfire? You don't NEED IT, as these tablets WILL run the Flash plugin. Skyfire is only for tablets that WON'T.

Even WITH Skyfire, getting it to recognize and run videos on Web sites is, at best, a hit-or-miss proposition. However, like I say, to each their own, I suppose.

No arrogance on my part intended, mind you; perhaps you have ANOTHER compelling reason to want to use Skyfire. I just don't see the need in a workaround to Flash Player for a device that DOES support it.
    Why Skyfire? Because although I read it helps videos load faster, I am also searching for another browser. The default browser drives me nertz (e.g., I can never close all the pop-up windows, it takes forever to respond, not to mention how long it takes to load). I tried Dolphin and it seems way too complex for my needs. Just want a quicker browser.

If you DO opt for Flash Player, version 10.3 is recommended over 11. If that is no longer true, then by all means, SOMEBODY enlighten me!
    Yes, Flash and YouTube already work (though with the installation of SkyFire, seem to have gotten a way different (better/faster?) YouTube app. Also, it automagically downloaded Flash 11, and can't seem to downgrade ... (why would I? 11 works fine )

Thanks for writing.

Comment

Puffin is a fast browser.

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by corki2 View Post
        Puffin is a fast browser.

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2
        Thanks! Checking it as I type this!

Have a great day!

Comment

oops!

Originally posted by irainbow View Post
          Not sure where you intended us to go, but the link doesn't take me to any thread about accessories.
          Updated link. My bad...

Tip your Pitsaboi

Biglots 701c
          Updated Google Play Store
          Phone.old
          Netflix v1.52
          "windows using moron"

Comment

HELP!!

I got another of these tablets, this time for my 7 yr old since she was always asking to borrow the 11 yr old's. This one looks to be used (as it already had a screen protector). Problem is the wifi is not connecting, it just says error. Looks like the whole tablet has been wiped, question is can I fix this??

NEVERMIND (again)
            I did a factory reset and all is well in the kingdom! THANKS ANYWAY!
            Last edited by joamchild00; 05-07-2012, 14:45. Reason: solved the problem...I think!
            ~Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by joamchild00 View Post
              I got another of these tablets, this time for my 7 yr old since she was always asking to borrow the 11 yr old's. This one looks to be used (as it already had a screen protector). Problem is the wifi is not connecting, it just says error. Looks like the whole tablet has been wiped, question is can I fix this??

NEVERMIND (again)
              I did a factory reset and all is well in the kingdom! THANKS ANYWAY!
              Hello!

At least you got one...

My store sold the one I asked them to hold for me. Needless to say, I called their corporate office. Now they can find TWO somewhere for me!!!

The district manager responsible for my area will be calling me in the next day or two. Once they check my BuzzClub account to verify how much I've bought there in the last eight weeks, I'm confident she'll work with me to resolve this to my satisfaction.

They come with a screen protector pre-installed on them, which they want you to pull off. No thanks. I'll pull the sticker off instead, and wait for the protector to wear to where I can no longer see through it. THEN I'll pull it off.

ST sells cables; perhaps they could make a buck or few selling protectors custom-cut to fit their tablets, too - not to mention styli...

73 DE N4RPS
              Rob

Comment

Screen Protector

Beneath the plastic packaging with the pull tab is the real screen protector. Polaroid thought enough of their product to go the extra bit and provide what others make you pay for after market.

Comment

Originally posted by jimwallcft View Post
                  Beneath the plastic packaging with the pull tab is the real screen protector. Polaroid thought enough of their product to go the extra bit and provide what others make you pay for after market.
                  Hello!

All the better... TWO!

73 DE N4RPS
                  Rob

Comment

Originally posted by jimwallcft View Post
                    After Artist-Logic mentioned this to me, I looked and looked to separate the screen protector into 2 layers, but no happiness!

Comment

Hello!

At least you got one...

My store sold the one I asked them to hold for me. Needless to say, I called their corporate office. Now they can find TWO somewhere for me!!!

The district manager responsible for my area will be calling me in the next day or two. Once they check my BuzzClub account to verify how much I've bought there in the last eight weeks, I'm confident she'll work with me to resolve this to my satisfaction.

They come with a screen protector pre-installed on them, which they want you to pull off. No thanks. I'll pull the sticker off instead, and wait for the protector to wear to where I can no longer see through it. THEN I'll pull it off.

ST sells cables; perhaps they could make a buck or few selling protectors custom-cut to fit their tablets, too - not to mention styli...

73 DE N4RPS
                      Rob
                      I peeled the sticker off the screen protector on mine too.

I think they decided to tell people to pull the screen protector off because they do tend to blur the screen a little and sometimes there are air bubbles trapped underneath them when they come from the factory.

I've bought a lcd picture frame and a portable dvd player that had the factory screen protector applied so badly that the only thing to do was peel it off, so yeah I can see why this was suggested.

BTW. Didn't your Big Lots have a 2-pack of static cling film screen protectors for 7-inch tablets for $5.00? Mine did. I've similar ones go for $20+ at Best Buy and other places.

Comment

Originally posted by irainbow View Post
                        After Artist-Logic mentioned this to me, I looked and looked to separate the screen protector into 2 layers, but no happiness!
                        I found you had to do peel the paper tab off the screen protector while it was still on the tablet with a fingernail,and then gently rub off any remaing glue from the tab off with cotton swabs.

Comment

73 DE N4RPS
                          Rob
                          I found that Nintedo DS Lite Stylus work just fine for devices like this, and they are a lot less expensive than the ones aimed at the Apple crowd, even the metal ds lite retractable ones.

Comment

model # pmid701i

Originally posted by artistlogic View Post
                            Polaroid PMID701c Cell Standby Bug Fix
                            If you ever take a look at your battery stats, which you can see by using a battery widget, or by downloading "Any Cut"
                            from Google Play, launch it, press New Shortcut,>Activity>Battery Use. You will then find a shortcut to see your battery stats on your home screen. This must be done because for some reason, the Battery Stats option that is normally in About Phone/Device is missing in the stock rom.

What we see here is symptoms of said bug. A large percentage of the battery is being eaten by a nonexistent Cell radio.

In order to fix this, you must again use Root Explorer which we used in the above tutorial for installing Google Play. Make sure that the folder /system is RW. The grey button at the top will say [Mount R/O] if you have successfully done this. From /system in Root Explorer, enter the folder called "app" and find Phone.apk. Long Press it, and choose Rename. Delete the "apk" part and replace it with "old" and it should now say Phone.old Press OK, and you will get a Force Close. Press the Reset button on the back of your tablet with a pen or paperclip, and your tablet will reboot. In about 24hours if you check back to your battery use screen, Cell Standby is no longer there, and you will notice a much longer battery life IMO:

The following are some helpful links compiled by sabercatpuck:
                            Does that work for the model # pmid701i also?

Comment

Originally posted by c,lei View Post
                              I found that Nintedo DS Lite Stylus work just fine for devices like this, and they are a lot less expensive than the ones aimed at the Apple crowd, even the metal ds lite retractable ones.
                              There's a screen protetor under the film with the paper tab on it

Comment

GTalk?

I've flashed with Shawn's ICS and applied the keyboard fix. Things are working pretty darn good! The last thing I want to tweak on this tab is to install GTalk. Tried to side-load, but the .apk I found failed to install. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X