Root PMID71C Neon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Root PMID71C Neon?

I've looking how to root this tablet, but the only thing that I got are some reviews. I can't find more info about this tablet, so if you know how to root it I would be very happy.
    I'm talking about this one:

Thanks!

I managed to root it a few weeks ago, it took me HOURS to get a working rooting utility online but in the end I was succesful. You need to look for an utility that can flash RK3036 because SuperOneClick and all the common utilities will not work with this.Let me know if you need more help, as I don't remember the exact name of the rooting utility I used and I don't have my laptop with me right now, where I downloaded it.

Comment

Originally posted by ElricEpicness View Post
      I managed to root it a few weeks ago, it took me HOURS to get a working rooting utility online but in the end I was succesful. You need to look for an utility that can flash RK3036 because SuperOneClick and all the common utilities will not work with this.Let me know if you need more help, as I don't remember the exact name of the rooting utility I used and I don't have my laptop with me right now, where I downloaded it.
      Maybe you didn't say too much but was enough to root my tablet, thank you so nuch.
      Now all I need it's a good room, maybe kitkat but I think I'm asking too much . Sometimes I feel that JB its not really good adapted to the tablet.

Comment

I'm looking for a better compatible ROM too. This tablet would work so much better on a previous Android version or a less demanding ROM. Have you found anything?At least the headphones are good.

Comment

Odd, is the Model number really a PMID701C?? If so I'm wondering if I can modify the stock ROM for it....

What's the specs of the tablet just out of curiosity?
          https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
            Odd, is the Model number really a PMID701C?? If so I'm wondering if I can modify the stock ROM for it....

Yes, the model number is that one exactly. It's a model exclusive to the mexican market I think, maybe for Central America as well. Let me look up the correct specs!

Comment

Originally posted by ElricEpicness View Post
              Yes, the model number is that one exactly. It's a model exclusive to the mexican market I think, maybe for Central America as well. Let me look up the correct specs!

Found them:

PMID71C Polaroid 7" Neon Tablet Specifications

CPU : Dual – core at 1.2 GHz
              RAM : 512 Memory
              Camera : Front
              Connectivity: Wi-fi
              Display : 7 inches at 800 x 480 resolution

Those are rhe general specs, I don't know what else might you need. Build number and all that stuff I can have it later.

Comment

PMID71C, actually. I had som info from the root software.
                A ICS rom based would be better, right? I mean, I found it more stable than JB.

Also, anyone knows a way to increase the ram?

Comment

OH sorry, I missed the lack of a '0' lol.
                  https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Here are the rest of the specs:

Model number: PMID71C
                    Android 4.2.2

Kernel:
                    3.0.36+
                    liangyoujin@ubuntu#20

Build number:
                    rk30sdk-eng4.220130829

Thanks for looking into it!

Comment

haha, don't worry. I hope you can make something more stable and fastest for this tablet, but it's not important if you cant. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                      X