Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Internal Data shows 0.00B! I have tried everything to reset it! 2nd time happening with new Tablet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Internal Data shows 0.00B! I have tried everything to reset it! 2nd time happening with new Tablet!

HELP! This the 2nd tablet to do the exact same thing! I HAVE THE 701I and I briefly mentioned my problem in the tablet keep rebooting thread. This is what happened from the beginning. I picked up the 701I and rooted and installed market using the root explorer method. I set everything up on the tablet, apps, logins and then powered it down. I came back later and turned it on and it had been completely reset to factory and everything was totally erased. The only things left were the apks that were on the ext 16gb microSD card that I used earlier to root and add market. I was blown, but I said oh well, I should have backed everything up and proceeded to start at the beginning attempting to root it again using root explorer. This time when it installed, it wouldn't let me mount r/w. I would press the gray box over and over again and nothing would happen. I tried to do a factory reset and when it booted back up it brought me to the recovery menu. I chose a factory reset from there and rebooted. Then I started the process again and root explorer would still not let me click the gray box. I was so frustrated that I just turned it off. Once I calmed down and went work on it again, I turned it back on and it was reset again! The root explorer was gone!. I don't know what to do now. When I checked the internal data in storage menu under settings it reads 0.00B available. I tried to flash the stock rom using live suite, I tried to reset through the tablet and the little button on the back. I thought when this happened to the first tablet that there was just something wrong with the tablet's hardware, but after I took it back and exchanged it for a brand new one out the box which functioned fine before I rooted it again, the exact same thing happened to the internal storage data. Can anyone help me figure this out? I have attached a pic to show the storage screen. Click image for larger version

Name:	PIXI2012-04-28-174436.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	438069

same issue here bro???

im in baltimore to bro the exact thing happened to me,i took mine back im holding on till sumone has an answer why it keeps doing that,in recovery did u clear cache and do a factory reset i didnt try i just took it back,and luckly there was only 1 left,thank god kerp us informed if u fix it!!!

Comment

I've gotten this multiple time on the 701c running the 701i firmware. I think I may know how to fix it. Just hand tight, don't try to flash over it, I'll look into this problem if you want to add me on skype I can help you out. Skype name is shawn.busker

Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by jwhood View Post
        im in baltimore to bro the exact thing happened to me,i took mine back im holding on till sumone has an answer why it keeps doing that,in recovery did u clear cache and do a factory reset i didnt try i just took it back,and luckly there was only 1 left,thank god kerp us informed if u fix it!!!
        Wassup jwhood! Yea man I tried everything. What store are you going to? The only one carrying the tabs that I found was on Cleanleigh drive off Perring Pkwy. I hope you didn't pick up the one that I returned, lol! I really hope this one can be saved or it's going back for a full refund and I'm getting out of the Polaroid tablet game.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnbusker View Post
          I've gotten this multiple time on the 701c running the 701i firmware. I think I may know how to fix it. Just hand tight, don't try to flash over it, I'll look into this problem if you want to add me on skype I can help you out. Skype name is shawn.busker

Shawn
          Shawnbusker, you would really be a lifesaver if you got a solution for this! I bought this tablet for my wife and she was so happy the night I brought it home and then so unhappy the next morning when she turned it back on. I will add you to my Skype now. My name is Abu-malik11111 on Skype. Thanks in advance!

Comment

yeah thats where i got mine!!!!

Originally posted by miccheck69 View Post
            Wassup jwhood! Yea man I tried everything. What store are you going to? The only one carrying the tabs that I found was on Cleanleigh drive off Perring Pkwy. I hope you didn't pick up the one that I returned, lol! I really hope this one can be saved or it's going back for a full refund and I'm getting out of the Polaroid tablet game.
            i told them mine wouldnt come on so they got me the last one out of the case and the only one left is demo,i hope they didnt put ur tab back in did u tell them it was faulty i hope someone can figure this crazy issie out all i did was charge mine and when i turned back on all was gone and no iternal memory im lost on this bro!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jwhood View Post
              i told them mine wouldnt come on so they got me the last one out of the case and the only one left is demo,i hope they didnt put ur tab back in did u tell them it was faulty i hope someone can figure this crazy issie out all i did was charge mine and when i turned back on all was gone and no iternal memory im lost on this bro!!!!
              Yea it def sucks! I was looking thru the threads and I think a solution may be in here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...n-the-PMID701C I'm still gonna wait to check with Shawn tho before I do anything. Let me know if you figure it out before then

Comment

Bump! Still looking for any solutions out there. I will eternally grateful!

Comment

Originally posted by miccheck69 View Post
                  Bump! Still looking for any solutions out there. I will eternally grateful!
                  I had the same problem pop up when i was trying to fully root. I used livesuite and reflashed the stock rom now it reads like normal again.
                  If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0

Comment

Originally posted by helpless automation View Post
                    I had the same problem pop up when i was trying to fully root. I used livesuite and reflashed the stock rom now it reads like normal again.
                    I tried live suite, but it never seems to be able to see the tablet when I plug it in to the computer. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

I'm done!

After trying everything I could think of, I'm taking it back tomorrow! I was on slickdeals tonight and I got in on the new Nook Color for $130. I know how to root that tablet with NO problem. I'm glad everyone else found this 701i to be good deal, unfortunately it wasn't for me

Comment

Same thing just happened to mine after installing busybox. I tried reflashing using the livesuite from this forum, but it is not able to install the drivers correctly.

Get the official upgrade package from SouthernTelecom. It optionally has a driver package within the zip file, which the one located here does not. Install those drivers and REBOOT your computer.

And be sure to read the instructions that are included. To get your device into the proper flashing mode, you have to do this:

1. Hold down the menu button while plugging in your usb cable to the device
                        2. immediately quick press the power button three times.
                        3. Quick press the home button and release the menu button.

Your computer should now SUCCESSFULLY install the device drivers.

Proceed with format and flash.

This fixed mine.
                        Jim
                        ---
                        Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Dual Core
                        Milestone (Droid) - Chevy SS GB ROM
                        Milestone X - Rooted Stock GB ROM

Comment

Working...
                        X