This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** ROM ** Polaroid AS8 ** ROOTED + TWRP**

This is the factory - stock ROM for the Polaroid AS8. This image does *NOT* have the Google update. *** See second post for the Google-Updated Version ***

Included:
    Android 4.2.2
    ADB enabled
    Busybox
    Pre-rooted
    ChainFire SuperSU v0.96 included
    TWRP recovery (with touch screen)
    Performance Tweaks

Use PhoenixSuite to flash the image. After the initial re-start finishes launch SuperSU so it can start controlling apps that use su. You can get to TWRP recovery by going to Settings > Backup & reset > Recovery Mode. Confirm the reboot and the device will restart in Recovery Mode.

Image Download - Pre-Google AS8-Rooted-TWRP Backup
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Enjoy..

Please give me feedback on how the device responds and function.. The tweaks are in testing phase..
    Last edited by guessyet; 12-25-2013, 11:37.

This ROM is the Google-Updated version of Android 4.2.2. This ROM *DOES* contain the Google services.

Included:
    Android 4.2.2
    Google Play, Calender, Maps, etc...
    ADB enabled
    Pre-Rooted
    TWRP Recovery (with touch screen)
    Performance Tweaks

Use PhoenixSuite to flash the image. After the initial re-start finishes launch SuperSU so it can start controlling apps that use su. You can get to TWRP recovery by going to Settings > Backup & reset > Recovery Mode. Confirm the reboot and the device will restart in Recovery Mode.

ADB is enabled by default, however, developer options are not. To enable developer options go Settings > About tablet > Build number (tap on this section several times to start countdown). Developer Options will appear above About tablet section.

Image Download - Google-Updated-AS8-Rooted-TWRP Recovery
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Enjoy..

Please give feedback...
    Last edited by guessyet; 12-25-2013, 11:34.

Comment

Re: ** ROM ** Polaroid AS8 ** ROOTED + TWRP**

Originally posted by guessyet View Post
      This is the factory - stock ROM for the Polaroid AS8. This image does *NOT* have the Google update.

Included:
      Android 4.2.2
      ADB enabled
      Busybox
      Pre-rooted
      TWRP recovery (with touch screen)
      Performance Tweaks

Image Download - Pre-Google AS8-Rooted-TWRP Backup

Enjoy..

Please give me feedback on how the device responds and function.. The tweaks are in testing phase..
      Do you have one for the as7?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank You

Trying Now

Comment

Thanks Guessyet

So far so good. Merry Christmas Brother

Comment

Originally posted by Oskker View Post
            Do you have one for the as7?

I do not have a finished rom for your device. However, I downloaded the google-updated rom a bit ago to look at the contents. Please give me a day or two in order to edit and upload. I see no reason for it not to work.

thanks..

Comment

I do not have a finished rom for your device. However, I downloaded the google-updated rom a bit ago to look at the contents. Please give me a day or two in order to edit and upload. I see no reason for it not to work.

thanks..
              BTW, congrats GuessYet! Glad to finally have someone help with the Polaroid tablets besides me :-)
              https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Re: ** ROM ** Polaroid AS8 ** ROOTED + TWRP**

thanks..
                Thank you so much. The s7 runs sluggish and unresponsive at times. Maybe with root we can fix that

Comment

This ROM is the Google-Updated version of Android 4.2.2. This ROM *DOES* contain the Google services.

Included:
                  Android 4.2.2
                  ADB enabled
                  Pre-Rooted
                  Performance Tweaks

ADB is enabled by default, however, developer options are not. To enable developer options go Settings > About tablet > Build number (tap on this section several times to start countdown). Developer Options will appear above About tablet section.

Enjoy..

Please give feedback...

You're awesome. Thanks for this.

Originally posted by elektrik
                  BTW, congrats GuessYet! Glad to finally have someone help with the Polaroid tablets besides me :-)
                  I just got another AS8. It was the last one any of the Walgreens in my city had left, so I nabbed it. So now that I have 2, I'm willing to test anything you can come up with. Just say the word. I know how to make proper bug reports & kmsgs and all that jazz.

Comment

Thanks a million

Guessyet, Thanks for this rom, installed flawlessly, I can already notice the performance tweeks and the recovery is exactly what I needed for future development, I will be happy to reply with any bugs that I find, but none as of yet. Thanks again.

Comment

Also looking for moded AS7 version of this ROM

Originally posted by Oskker View Post
                      Thank you so much. The s7 runs sluggish and unresponsive at times. Maybe with root we can fix that
                      I also upgraded to get Google Store, but the upgrade completely removed developer options under settings!!! A moded version of this ROM for AS7 (similar to the AS8 above) would be an awesome thing, indeed.

Also, does anyone know the button/boot sequence to access the Android Recovery screen for a hard reset on the AS7/4.2JB? I think I've tried every button/boot combo possible and nothing seems to puts this thing into recovery mode.

This appears to be the only forum on the interwebs with ANY help for Polaroid AS7/4.2 JB. Any and all help is deeply appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Comment

is this safe for polaroid s8 tablet.

Included:
                        Android 4.2.2
                        ADB enabled
                        Pre-Rooted
                        Performance Tweaks

Enjoy..

Please give feedback...
                        Hi is this a safe method for Polaroid s8 tablet, if so I will update tonight & test it. Also am patiently waiting for your s10 update to test it. Ty & have a great day Ron. :-)

Comment

I have installed this on my Polaroid A/S8 and there was zero issues. Plug it into the computer, run the phoenix program as explained above. Download the files. There isn't really anything you'll need to do on the tablet until after you've gotten this installed.

I'm really looking forward to getting something like CM10 on this thing and I also need to figure out how to change those stupid partitions. It has 4gig storage but only 1gig on one partition and 1gig on another partition leaving to wonder where the hell 2gig of storage went. I'd prefer to get it all onto one partition and make a small partition ext4 or something to that effect.

Comment

Any chance of KitKat 4.4.2 for A/S8?

Included:
                            Android 4.2.2
                            ADB enabled
                            Pre-Rooted
                            Performance Tweaks

Enjoy..

Please give feedback...
                            Hey guessyet,

Thanks for sharing

Any chance you could cook up a 4.4.2 KitKat ROM or will drivers be an issue?

I'm sure 4.4.2 would run a lot better on these low-end tablets since kitkat was design to run better on low-end hardware...

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by joel32137 View Post
                              Hey guessyet,

Thanks for sharing

Any chance you could cook up a 4.4.2 KitKat ROM or will drivers be an issue?

I'm sure 4.4.2 would run a lot better on these low-end tablets since kitkat was design to run better on low-end hardware...

Thanks again

your welcome bro..

I believe kitkat would run good also.. just keep an eye on the forums for upcoming releases..

Comment

Working...
                              X