Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More so out of lazyness, and to get rid of the driver not installed prompt, and to transfer stuff. Also thinking of trying to use adb and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightMoon View Post
      More so out of lazyness, and to get rid of the driver not installed prompt, and to transfer stuff. Also thinking of trying to use adb and all that.
      but...to transfer stuff, you go onto the android device and select "connect as USB drive" or something like that (forgot the wording)...As for the driver not installed prompt, I've had that with *every* Polaroid and Onda device I own on the device manager-it doesn't mean the driver's not working, just that clearly someone didn't code something correctly.
      https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

I had the same problem connecting my S7 to Win 7 via USB... I had to do a scan / fix of my microsd card. Every now and again the card will flake out and need re-scanning/ fixing. Another way to connect is to pop the microsd card out and connect.

Comment

Id like to unpack and adapt the .img file for my own use and testing. Could someone direct me to some material on the best way to decompress the .img file and build my own? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Moped_Ryder View Post
            Id like to unpack and adapt the .img file for my own use and testing. Could someone direct me to some material on the best way to decompress the .img file and build my own? Thanks
            pm me. I can give u some info.
            https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Re: ** ROM ** Polaroid AS7 ** ROOTED + TWRP**

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
              pm me. I can give u some info.
              Any update to the tablet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Brick *Boot Loop*

I went on Settings > Backup & reset > Recovery Mode and made wipe cache dalvik and ended up Boot loop. I tried Holding the power button and volum Up to enter recovery but it doesnt work due to this rom or something.*** ROM ** Polaroid AS7 ** ROOTED + TWRP***

Any help plz?

Comment

Originally posted by BigBob View Post
                  I went on Settings > Backup & reset > Recovery Mode and made wipe cache dalvik and ended up Boot loop. I tried Holding the power button and volum Up to enter recovery but it doesnt work due to this rom or something.*** ROM ** Polaroid AS7 ** ROOTED + TWRP***

Any help plz?
                  These tablets do not have a "recovery" button for android recovery. Currently, the only way to get into android recovery is from changing the data on one of the partitions. The bootloader reads this partition on boot to know where to boot. There is not a button that can change this partition.

If you are able to get an adb shell under root - type " reboot recovery " .. this should boot back into android recovery.. If you have a good backup - you should be able to restore it for proper boot..

If you are unable to get into an adb shell.. there is something that got hosed.. You may need to re-flash a ROM again with phoenixsuite..

hope this helps..

Comment

Originally posted by guessyet View Post
                    These tablets do not have a "recovery" button for android recovery. Currently, the only way to get into android recovery is from changing the data on one of the partitions. The bootloader reads this partition on boot to know where to boot. There is not a button that can change this partition.

If you are able to get an adb shell under root - type " reboot recovery " .. this should boot back into android recovery.. If you have a good backup - you should be able to restore it for proper boot..

If you are unable to get into an adb shell.. there is something that got hosed.. You may need to re-flash a ROM again with phoenixsuite..

hope this helps..

nvm i fixed it. TY
                    Last edited by BigBob; 03-03-2014, 05:38. Reason: I got it done xD ty

Comment

This ROM is the Google-Updated version of Android 4.2.2. This ROM *DOES* contain the Google services.

This ROM is for the Polaroid A/S7

Included:
                      Android 4.2.2
                      Google Play, Calender, Maps, etc...
                      ADB enabled
                      Pre-Rooted
                      ChainFire SuperSU v0.96 included
                      TWRP Recovery (with touch screen)
                      Performance Tweaks

Use PhoenixSuite to flash the image. After the initial re-start finishes launch SuperSU so it can start controlling apps that use su. You can get to TWRP recovery by going to Settings > Backup & reset > Recovery Mode. Confirm the reboot and the device will restart in Recovery Mode.

ADB is enabled by default, however, developer options are not. To enable developer options go Settings > About tablet > Build number (tap on this section several times to start countdown). Developer Options will appear above About tablet section.

Image Download - Google-Updated-AS7-Rooted-TWRP Recovery
                      MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Please give feedback.. I do not personally have this device.. It has been in testing on another members device for a couple of days..

Enjoy.
                      Originally posted by Moped_Ryder View Post
                      Props to guessyet - thanks I needed this

Bought the TAB cheap and its was buggy and laggy at best for me.

Info for those who are looking:

Polaroid AS/7 (On back it states "Model S7")
                      BN: AS-20130827
                      FCC ID:RBD-V7A20

Installed Phoenix Suit (App is a sticky on this forum)

Flash tutorial HERE worked for me (I only had to press Home and plug in - I didnt have to press power)

Thanks again. Need any testing Ill help out.
                      Hey guys, sorry if it's a noob question, but have to be sure before I start. I know just enough to be dangerous to my devices
                      I've got a couple of Polaroid S7s that sorely need help. Will this ROM work with this device?

Model s7
                      FCC ID: RBD-V7A20
                      BN01.01.003.023.01

Also, will this let me move apps to the ext sd card?
                      I saw something in the thread from MidnightMoon, but I didn't know what hack he was speaking of, nor if that is the answer to my question.
                      Sorry.... that's two noob questions!

Comment

Originally posted by tdgillihan View Post
                        Hey guys, sorry if it's a noob question, but have to be sure before I start. I know just enough to be dangerous to my devices
                        I've got a couple of Polaroid S7s that sorely need help. Will this ROM work with this device?

Model s7
                        FCC ID: RBD-V7A20
                        BN01.01.003.023.01

Also, will this let me move apps to the ext sd card?
                        I saw something in the thread from MidnightMoon, but I didn't know what hack he was speaking of, nor if that is the answer to my question.
                        Sorry.... that's two noob questions!

This rom will work for all polaroid s7 devices as far as i know..

No.. this does not switch sd cards.. Midnight was referring to the permissions on the vold.fstab.. the vold.fstab controls the mount points for the sdcards.. vold.fstab is in /etc/ directory..

Comment

This rom will work for all polaroid s7 devices as far as i know..

No.. this does not switch sd cards.. Midnight was referring to the permissions on the vold.fstab.. the vold.fstab controls the mount points for the sdcards.. vold.fstab is in /etc/ directory..
                          Thanks.

Comment

How do I switch the external micro SD to the SD card? I got a 32gb card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Android.process.errors

I was wondering why i been having Android.process errors such as Android.process.gapps/media/acore and ending up making the launcher.exe to stopped. Sometimes Gmail app just stopped working as well. During all thoses errors i went to setting/app/ and delete caches but somehow it doesnt delete anything as nothing happening when you click clear caches. I'm forced to reflash most of the times to fix all theses problem like 5x a day. Please help and let me know anything to prevent all theses errors.

Comment

Polaroid s7 BN01.01.003.023.01 4GB

Originally posted by BigBob View Post
                                I was wondering why i been having Android.process errors such as Android.process.gapps/media/acore and ending up making the launcher.exe to stopped. Sometimes Gmail app just stopped working as well. During all thoses errors i went to setting/app/ and delete caches but somehow it doesnt delete anything as nothing happening when you click clear caches. I'm forced to reflash most of the times to fix all theses problem like 5x a day. Please help and let me know anything to prevent all theses errors.
                                I'm having the same issue and its driving me crazy. Its also now telling me i dont have a dowload manager when i went and looked at changes after factory reset and southern tellcom update. Ever since I did both rest n update, some how my device is half ROM n half root?

Comment

Working...
                                X