701i Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

701i Battery

Can some one give me an idea on what the battery life is on their tablet? Also if I go to settings It says Battery usage not avalable above the chart. Is that normal or should it be saying something there.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by ubieubie View Post
    Can some one give me an idea on what the battery life is on their tablet? Also if I go to settings It says Battery usage not avalable above the chart. Is that normal or should it be saying something there.

Thanks in advance
    The battery stats app is apparently missing. I get the same thing. I have tried installing a third party battery app, but same results.
    Jim
    ---
    Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Dual Core
    Milestone (Droid) - Chevy SS GB ROM
    Milestone X - Rooted Stock GB ROM

Comment

in settings tap on battery then on the right I see

"battery usage data not available"
      "99% -- charging (USB)"
      "10h 10m 47s on battery" ~with a bar graph background~

when I tap on the 10h 10m part it opens up a detail graph of batt usage over that time frame..

its not much but I hope that helps

Comment

Same thing as last poster stated. I am having a problem with my tablets battery life tho. It beeped and said battery low and time to charge it. Yet when I checked to see how much time was left on it, it said 3 hrs and something. I used it till it went out and am now charging it.

I am wondering why it would say there are 3 hrs and something left on it, when the battery was low and needing a charge?
        Tablets: Polaroid PMID 701i, PMID 4311, Zeki 10" tablet

"God Loves You"- Arlo Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by cherylharrell1961 View Post
          Same thing as last poster stated. I am having a problem with my tablets battery life tho. It beeped and said battery low and time to charge it. Yet when I checked to see how much time was left on it, it said 3 hrs and something. I used it till it went out and am now charging it.

I am wondering why it would say there are 3 hrs and something left on it, when the battery was low and needing a charge?
          mine tells me how long it has been on battery (10h 10 min etc) when I put it on charge over night and checked it today it said on battery for (18s) because it I had just unplugged the USB charger.. I don't see any hours left and I agree that would be a nice little widget

Comment

What were you doing *after* you checked the battery? The results you get are pretty only accurate for the moment in time you are actually checking the battery. If you're doing something that's caused the tablet to put a heavier drain on the battery than was the case when the system checked it, you're going to burn though the remaining battery life faster than was indicated.

This is true no matter what device you 're using. I often get the same thing when I hook up a portable usb drive to my laptop while it's running on battery power and do a lot of up/downloading to the drive.

Comment

I wonder if maybe I was reading it wrong. Maybe 3 hrs was how much the battery was used maybe? I will have to check and see.

Comment

Determining the battery level is not an easy thing to do for lithium batteries. The OS needs to monitor the battery for awhile. It will adjust and become more accureate over time.

If you make a change that signifficaltly affects the battery (such as flash a new ROM) it is best to us an app too help calibrate the battery. I use Battery Calibration
                by
                NĂ©Ma.

Once the battery fully charges you press the "Battery Calibration" button. Then you are supposed too let the battery run down until the device shuts off. Then put it on charge and let it charge without interruption to 100%.

I'm calibrating my tablet battery right now. It's been 15 hours since I unplugged and I still have 61% to go. I'm going to have to do something to consume more battery if I want to put it on charge before bed time.

Normally you don't want too run your battery down all the way. Lithium batteries can be topped off whenever it convenient. No need to worry about 'memory effect' like ni-cad batteries had.

Oh, and I use Auto Airplane Mode by DON to put the tablet in airplane mode when the display timeout occurs. This extends the battery life and keeps the wifi from hanging when the tablet comes out of sleep.

Jim

Comment

I just found out I had been reading the battery display wrong due to looking at it in low light. The 3 hrs was how many had been used since the last charge. It doesn't seem to show how many hrs or time is left on it which is a shame. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                  X