Finally got my Ramos W13Pro tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my Ramos W13Pro tablet

Hi everyone on FreakTab. I finally got my Ramos W13Pro 8" tablet. The donations you all sent helped me get another tablet with a totally different ROM architecture. I am trying to learn it now.
    THIS was the point of the donations. Not for me to have all kinds of tablets to play with, but for me to have hardware I can in return do work on and make ROMs and learn!

THANK YOU ALL that donated!

Anyway, it was ordered from MerriMobiles and just to say lightly, I probably would not do business with them again. It took over a week to just process the order and then it was drop shipped from China! All up all in, it took almost a month to get it.
    Not to happy with them honestly.
    My Yuandao 10" tablet was from in4dealz.com out of China. Sure I had to wait for the deal to run but it shipped on Friday and I had it on Monday! Amazing! I would do business with them ANYTIME!

Anyway I get to learn yet another ROM Architecture! I have messed with the Tab already. In fact I made a ROM... It's not ready for release but OMG...... I learned a ton already. What a different world than RockChip tablets!

So stay tuned... I plan to produce some kick ASS ROMs for this architecture.

Also I will produce a review video of this Tab.
    For the price, it is pretty nice. That charger is CRAP! In fact toss is and get one of your own. The touch screen will not even work right while the POS charger they supplied is plugged in! But once I put another charger on it with the same output voltage, all was good.

ANYWAY.... watch for my review video.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Can't wait Bob

Love you videos!!

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    </form>

Comment

I've had my W13 Pro for a little over a month now and the problems you mentioned. I haven't had any problems.

I ordered mine from merimobiles as well, and with the 6-8 day upgraded EMS shipping, it took 10 calendar, not business days from the time I placed the order to the day it arrived.

As for the charger don't know what you got but mine has a USB connection to the power supply. Still haven't tried to see if it can charge via the USB port yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by ASCIIrider View Post
        As for the charger don't know what you got but mine has a USB connection to the power supply. Still haven't tried to see if it can charge via the USB port yet though.
        What I got with mine was a US "wall wart" charger. Total piece of crap. With it plugged in and charging the tablet, anytime I went to use the keyboard or tried to do something exact with the touch screen, it would not work. The touch screen acted like it was getting multiple screen presses! I tossed that POS and used another one I had and that solved the touch screen issues. So you know this is a common complaint! Google it and see

As for USB charging... YES that works! But it is very slow since a PC can only put out less than .5 amps at best. It does work but is very slow.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: Finally got my Ramos W13Pro tablet

As the only other person I can think of with one of these tablets, can you tell me if there is audio out through the HDMI port? It's had me baffled for a while now and can't seem to get the audio to come out of the mini HDMI port into the television.

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by deswong77 View Post
            As the only other person I can think of with one of these tablets, can you tell me if there is audio out through the HDMI port? It's had me baffled for a while now and can't seem to get the audio to come out of the mini HDMI port into the television.

Des.
            try the settings on your tv, usually you can change the sound to output to hdmi outputs
            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
            <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
            <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
            </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
              try the settings on your tv, usually you can change the sound to output to hdmi outputs

Hi,

All other devices I have through the HDMI port have audio come through the television, but just not from the tablet, so I was wondering if the tablet actually did output audio through HDMI.

Regards,
              Des.
              Last edited by deswong77; 09-30-2012, 09:04.

Comment

All sorted :-)

It seems to be a quirk with my Sony TV. Audio is output fine from the HDMI ports .

Regards,
                Des.

Comment

Working...
                X