Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finless ROM V1.2 - Full Root, Full Google Play store!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finless ROM V1.2 - Full Root, Full Google Play store!

Hello all....

First I would like to thank FreakTab users for their donations. Up to know I have been a RK (RockChip) ROM maker. But I wanted hardware to learn other Architectures! Donations from FreakTab member made that happen. Last week I got the Ramos W13Pro 8" Dual Core tab. THis is based on AMLogic chipset.

I spent the last few days learning as much as I could about this ROM architecture. WHICH is very different than RockChip! The thing I set my mind on was how to make a rooted ROM without first rooting my tablet using APPs or tools! Well I was successful.... I enjoyed very much learning this. But I have to say just like RK29 when I first started doing this, there is NOT a lot of good info out there! So like my first root on RK29, I had to learn all this the hard way!

Again doing it this way WAS AN INVALUABLE LEARNING EXPERIENCE! I now think I could make ROMs for just about any AMLogic tablet out there including models I do not have!

My next goal is to learn how to make CWM for AMlogic devices. Let me tell you, unlike Rockchip, I do believe you can totally BRICK an AMLogic device.
    As for what I know in a few days, it all uses a kernel and a recovery to flash. There ARE no PC based flash tools to recovery from a BAD brick. If there are, I have not read, found, or learned about them yet!

OK enough babbling by me........ Here is my W13Pro ROM that I have done a lot to make better.

PLEASE READ THE README.TXT IN THE ROM KIT DOWNLOAD FOR FULL INSTRUCTIONS!

Features:
    1) Fully Rooted! Not semi-rooted! This includes /system being mounted as Read/Write by default.
    It is using the latest ChainDD Superuser.apk and SU binary BUILT IN!
    2) Full Google Play store! I have patched the files to give full access to the Play Store.
    This means things like Google Chrome, etc show up now when you login!
    BUT... this does not mean all will work! I have not modified build.prop.
    You can if you wish to get even more compatability....
    3) It is debloated of bloat apps! I left only what I felt was needed.
    4) Some tweaks to allow full ADB access(root) and debugging and some other fixes I normally do on all ROMs.
    5) App Injector. While it is not installed it is in the ROM kit.
    I have supplied some APPs that on this date would not work when downloaded from Google Play!
    This includes a version of Youtube that will work on this ROM along with some other
    Google Apps that either do not show up or wont run on this ROM.

Here is the ROM download:

ROM -> Ramos W13Pro - Finless ROM 1.2 - Full Root and Full Gplay (150 megs)

And here is my Flash11 Patch kit. This fixes the Stock ROM as well as my ROM for Flash 11 support. Copy onto sdcard and use the APP to install update!

Patch -> Ramos W13Pro - FLash 11 patcher (5 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

Damo - Forum Moderator

Please Click the Donate Button

PS

If you are having trouble with the above link when using Tapatalk than here is the email link for donations below

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=ZYCM4NZ4J6F3G

Thank You
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Thanks a lot

It is working smootly after installing the ROM.
    Greate to have peaple like you that can do those magics !
    Are you planning to go ahead and use the android 4.1 ?

Comment

If Ramos updates to 4.1 then yes I can do that. 4.1 looks like it needs a new kernel built for it.

Bob

Comment

Thank you

It is running great. So far my tablet no longer powers off intermittently when display is off.

Only issue is just trying to install Flash 11 with no success.

Comment

OK so interesting. The ROM comes with Flash 10.3 (same as what Ramos had stock) which does work in Dolhpin HD browser! I tested it on several sites. 10.3 does nto seem to work on the stock browser or Google Chrome.

However Google will not show it as installed or offer the update to 11 and a search also does not offer 11 as available.

I will look into this. I think I know how to fix it.

Bob

Comment

OK update. I have a flash 11 player that can be installed and works.

Here is a patch kit I made which will fix my ROM. It removes the old flash and junk, and installs Flash11.
            I have tested it with many browsers (stock, chrome, dolphin) and a few web sites and works great for me!

Thanks for pointing out the FLash11 problem. I fixed it for you!

Just download this ZIP and copy to SDcard. Then use the updater APP to install the update.

http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f...ash11patch.zip

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              OK update. I have a flash 11 player that can be installed and works.

Here is a patch kit I made which will fix my ROM. It removes the old flash and junk, and installs Flash11.
              I have tested it with many browsers (stock, chrome, dolphin) and a few web sites and works great for me!

Thanks for pointing out the FLash11 problem. I fixed it for you!

Just download this ZIP and copy to SDcard. Then use the updater APP to install the update.

http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f...ash11patch.zip

Bob

What will give the upgrade from flash 10 player to flash 11 player ? does 11 support something that 10 doesn't ?

Comment

Flash 11.1 is the latest version AND will be the last version to be released! Adobe is dropping Flash long term. Google Play says it will no longer being supported after Android 4.0.x

Some web pages that use specific Flash 11 content wont work on flash 10.3.

If you upgrade and want to go back simply use the update.zip from my ROM kit and reflash it using the upgrade APP (not the full flash as that erases user data).

Bob

Comment

error

Hello all....

First I would like to thank FreakTab users for their donations. Up to know I have been a RK (RockChip) ROM maker. But I wanted hardware to learn other Architectures! Donations from FreakTab member made that happen. Last week I got the Ramos W13Pro 8" Dual Core tab. THis is based on AMLogic chipset.

I spent the last few days learning as much as I could about this ROM architecture. WHICH is very different than RockChip! The thing I set my mind on was how to make a rooted ROM without first rooting my tablet using APPs or tools! Well I was successful.... I enjoyed very much learning this. But I have to say just like RK29 when I first started doing this, there is NOT a lot of good info out there! So like my first root on RK29, I had to learn all this the hard way!

Again doing it this way WAS AN INVALUABLE LEARNING EXPERIENCE! I now think I could make ROMs for just about any AMLogic tablet out there including models I do not have!

My next goal is to learn how to make CWM for AMlogic devices. Let me tell you, unlike Rockchip, I do believe you can totally BRICK an AMLogic device.
                  As for what I know in a few days, it all uses a kernel and a recovery to flash. There ARE no PC based flash tools to recovery from a BAD brick. If there are, I have not read, found, or learned about them yet!

OK enough babbling by me........ Here is my W13Pro ROM that I have done a lot to make better.

PLEASE READ THE README.TXT IN THE ROM KIT DOWNLOAD FOR FULL INSTRUCTIONS!

Features:
                  1) Fully Rooted! Not semi-rooted! This includes /system being mounted as Read/Write by default.
                  It is using the latest ChainDD Superuser.apk and SU binary BUILT IN!
                  2) Full Google Play store! I have patched the files to give full access to the Play Store.
                  This means things like Google Chrome, etc show up now when you login!
                  BUT... this does not mean all will work! I have not modified build.prop.
                  You can if you wish to get even more compatability....
                  3) It is debloated of bloat apps! I left only what I felt was needed.
                  4) Some tweaks to allow full ADB access(root) and debugging and some other fixes I normally do on all ROMs.
                  5) App Injector. While it is not installed it is in the ROM kit.
                  I have supplied some APPs that on this date would not work when downloaded from Google Play!
                  This includes a version of Youtube that will work on this ROM along with some other
                  Google Apps that either do not show up or wont run on this ROM.

Here is the ROM download:

ROM -> Ramos W13Pro - Finless ROM 1.2 - Full Root and Full Gplay (150 megs)

And here is my Flash11 Patch kit. This fixes the Stock ROM as well as my ROM for Flash 11 support. Copy onto sdcard and use the APP to install update!

Patch -> Ramos W13Pro - FLash 11 patcher (5 megs)

Enjoy,
                  Bob

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

Damo - Forum Moderator

Please Click the Donate Button

PS

If you are having trouble with the above link when using Tapatalk than here is the email link for donations below

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=ZYCM4NZ4J6F3G

Thank You
                  assert failed: !less_than_int(1339741365, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))....?????
                  thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lamhbtc View Post
                    assert failed: !less_than_int(1339741365, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))....?????
                    thanks
                    I dont think you can use this patch on any other ROM but mine.

Bob

Comment

I dont think you can use this patch on any other ROM but mine.

Bob
                      I'm not good at English!when I installed the rom as a guide, then the error

Comment

Did you try to use the entire ROM or did you try to use the APP and just update.zip?

Bob

Comment

Nice Work! But Why Only 1.2GHz?

I have 2 other devices of the same chipset, and both max out at 1.5GHz, selectable through the CPU Settings tab or apps like SetCPU. This device has Normal and Performance locked at 1.2GHz??? Is this in the original ROM, or is this something introduced in this one?

My Ainol Elf 2 had a FW update lowering Performance mode to around 1.3GHz to reduce heating - is this what Ramos has done also?

Can this be overriden to re-enable the higher clock rates?

BTW, the ROM is excellent. Great work!

Comment

All I did was use the latest Ramos W13Pro ROM to make this one. I rooted it fully, etc. I did not change anything that would cause setCPU etc to do what your talking about. I bet I could solve this but I would need to see the differences from the ROM you came from? Have you tried flashing the stock ROM I built this from? (the latest on the Ramos site). I bet it has the same issue?

Also lamhbtc. your error is due to the check in the update script that looks at your build.prop. It checks to see if your build.prop is of a lower version AND the correct device! Do you have some other ROM installed right now? Did you change build.prop? Bottom line the build.prop on your current ROM is causing this error.
                            I can remove this check BUT..... If your trying to use this ROM on something other than the Ramos W13pro and you BRICK IT... DO NOT BLAME ME! Again I can remove this check but I am not sure I want to.......

Bob

Comment

Yes it does the same on the stock rom. On my Ainol Elf 2 it was 1.5GHz, 1.2GHz and 800MHz for Performance, Normal and Power Save modes respectively. However, they released a firmware capping Performance to 1.3GHz to increase runtime and reduce heating. SetCPU will not overclock beyond these hard limits, so it must be in the bootloader somewhere perhaps. I assume Ramos have done something similar as they share the same SoC (AML-MX).

I have put the call out on Slatedroid and other sites to see if anyone can unlock it again.

Great FW BTW. I pressed the Donate button as it is well worth some cash as it saved me a bunch of time and effort.

All I did was use the latest Ramos W13Pro ROM to make this one. I rooted it fully, etc. I did not change anything that would cause setCPU etc to do what your talking about. I bet I could solve this but I would need to see the differences from the ROM you came from? Have you tried flashing the stock ROM I built this from? (the latest on the Ramos site). I bet it has the same issue?
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X