Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finless ROM V1.3 - Full Root, Full Google Play store!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finless ROM V1.3 - Full Root, Full Google Play store!

Hello again all you Ramos W13Pro users!

Unlike my 1.2 ROM this ROM is made from the Ramos 7/31 stock ROM. This was done by request due to the performance of the 7/13 ROM. It the same ROM "feature wise" as my 1.2 but again built off the 7/31 stock ROM.

My 1.2 ROM was made from the 6/15 Stock ROM not the 8/21 ROM as some thought. I may do yet another ROM based on 8/21 but there must be some reason Ramos pulled it from download? I will test and see. But anyone that has used it, I would appreciate feedback on if it is worth working on it?

Also, the 7/31 ROM had some major wifi issues at least for me. I fixed those myself. It also had a recovery system that threw efuse errors! I have fixed that as well by using the recovery from 6/15 ROM. Seems Ramos cant seem to be consistant with their recovery systems

THEN on top of that, I removed the version check on the update script. This will allow you to DOWNGRADE, UPGRADE, etc from any other ROM you are currently running to this ROM with NO "assertion errors"! So it's been "freed" from BS version checks by me

OK enough babbling........

PLEASE READ THE README.TXT IN THE ROM KIT DOWNLOAD FOR FULL INSTRUCTIONS!

Features:
    1) Fully Rooted! Not semi-rooted! This includes /system being mounted as Read/Write by default.
    It is using the latest ChainDD Superuser.apk and SU binary BUILT IN!
    2) Full Google Play store! I have patched the files to give full access to the Play Store.
    This means things like Google Chrome, etc show up now when you login!
    BUT... this does not mean all will work! I have not modified build.prop.
    You can if you wish to get even more compatability....
    3) It is debloated of bloat apps! I left only what I felt was needed.
    4) Some tweaks to allow full ADB access(root) and debugging and some other fixes I normally do on all ROMs.
    5) App Injector. While it is not installed it is in the ROM kit.
    I have supplied some APPs that on this date would not work when downloaded from Google Play!
    This includes a version of Youtube that will work on this ROM along with some other
    Google Apps that either do not show up or wont run on this ROM.

Here is the ROM download:

ROM -> Ramos W13Pro - Finless ROM 1.3 - Full Root and Full Gplay (150 megs)

The "working" Flash 11 patcher is already in the ROM kit download so this time no need to download another update. See the READ ME! Yes you do need to put this ZIP on SDcard and use the update app to install it! It is NOT built in the ROM as I cannot do that for some reason (flash fails as a system APP). It must be installed as a user data APP.

Enjoy,
    Bob

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

Damo - Forum Moderator

Please Click the Donate Button

PS

If you are having trouble with the above link when using Tapatalk than here is the email link for donations below

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=ZYCM4NZ4J6F3G

Thank You
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Thanks a lot

I will try it within the incoming days.
    Does it contain the latest flash version or shoul it be installed using your patch ?

Comment

Ramos New Firmware

Hi,

Ramos is replacing the removed 8/21 firmware with 8/23, maybe they had fixed the cache rebuilding, i think you should use below(8/23) instead of my dropbox version (8/21)

Thanks

Comment

8/21 Problem

BTW, my experience with 8/21 was that it had problem that it always rebuild the cache (the one with installing logo) on every reboot.

Comment

Thanks for telling me about the new version! I was just going to get started trying the 8/21! I am downloading the 8/23 now.

Thanks,
          Bob

Comment

Great work here! I'm glad with the tablet but a little dissapointed about some things when I bought this. (youtube and other apps not working, random fc's, bad flash support, random screen light-ups). I will try this out and see if it gets any better. Youtube support is a huge plus already! Bless you!

Comment

I do have a problem though;

I can't use the upgrade app to install the zip with flash11. It reboots as expected but then it says it can't mount sdcard as there doesn't exist such a location. Pretty strange. It also gives me odd battery behaviour after trying this (goes from 100% to 0%, so a full discharge happens). Any alternative ways to install the zip package?
              Last edited by bmn; 09-10-2012, 20:53.

Comment

Originally posted by bmn View Post
                I do have a problem though;

I can't use the upgrade app to install the zip with flash11. It reboots as expected but then it says it can't mount sdcard as there doesn't exist such a location. Pretty strange. It also gives me odd battery behaviour after trying this (goes from 100% to 0%, so a full discharge happens). Any alternative ways to install the zip package?
                The battery is the ROM itself, I've tried the stock July rom, and had the same experience... 100% before the rom upgrade, to 7% after. I went back to the 1.2 ROM right away.

Comment

Originally posted by ASCIIrider View Post
                  The battery is the ROM itself, I've tried the stock July rom, and had the same experience... 100% before the rom upgrade, to 7% after. I went back to the 1.2 ROM right away.
                  I just left it in charger for couple of hour nad it got 100%

Comment

FYI the stock ROM I used for 1.3 while fast, is unstable in my opinion. I have been playing with the latest Ramos ROM 8/23 and I like it better.

I will be releasing a 1.4 ROM based on this today.

Bob

Comment

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!