Ramos i9s Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
    Yes, although this link says it's an update, when you click on the update it takes you to another page with the full firmware in 5 separate files
    It should be possible to do what but I can't really help with the details as still learning about this tablet myself.

What site is that? I'd like to take a look at those downloads and give them a try (if I can). The Ramos website ones send me somewhere completely different and I still have to sign up to a Chinese cloud service just to get the files. They're certainly not making this easy for myself and other customers outside China! I mean what if someone wanted to do what I did but with Android? I bought the i9s Pro because it has more storage than the i9s... I'm not giving up though!

EDIT: Never mind, I found it, but it STILL wants me to sign up to something! Can't I just get the downloads directly? Why don't they have direct downloads like other manufacturers?
    Last edited by SyreetaW; 05-07-2015, 17:13. Reason: Stopped being lazy and tried more links on the download page!

Comment

Hello Billcnz,
      Thanks for your last reply.
      Iam sorry i didnt answer earlier since i was away from my tablet !
      I have all the partitions you show; i can see them from the disk management tool.
      I still dont know explicitly how this dual works so i have no ideas where to start. I will try to see what i can do in the UEFI: Maybee i can manually add booting options (i was used to that kind of hacks on MBR installations).
      I have also been on that site you mentioned since its one of the only sites dealing with I9spro. The steps there are still little confusing since they mention files to flash that are not present in the set of Archives downloaded from ramos site (for exemple,concerning android part i didnt find those files : idrvdll.DLL、pmxdll.DLL) (http://bbs.lewaos.com/forum.php?mod=...threads=thread).
      So Iam still stucked at the same point but at least i have a win8 working tablet.

To Syreetaw,
      To download ramos files, you can direct download files individually by clicking on the litle green down arrow on the the right of each file (otherwhise you can download all the file using a chinese exclusive torrent client (with a litle bird logo): my GF did it for me since its all in chinese!). the probblems is that the server is very slow and downloading the main windows archive (arround 4gigs) take 10 hours and always arrives corrupted! It seems thats Billcnz's link should be a good alternative: Both ways i can assure you, that you dont have to register anywhere to get those files.
      I think the hard part is later: how will you use those files to flash you tablet?
      I think you could try other ways : you could start by completly backuping your tablet using something like filezila (raw image backup will do the trick and save everything) . then if you want to get ridd of Android: i guess you can easily delete all the partitions used by android; using diskpart from Windows or a live distro.
      That way you should have a Windows tablet and regain the Android unused space:
      Also, I can send you my tablet ! i have only Windows working on it and i lost the dual boot
      Honestly if i had to choose; i would rather install Android only! as Bill mentioned it earlier , Android ergonomy is really friendlier that windows! with my big fingers i miss click all the times: things are too small and menus are not adapted to tactile.

Comment

Whoops!
        Now I'm in trouble. I tried the idea of deleting and merging the partitions together and now when the tablet restarted I can't get into Windows at all! It's stuck at the EFI Shell and I'm not sure how to flash the correct BIOS to get me back to Windows (which is definitely still there. I've gone in the BIOS and found that that only boot option there is the built in EFI Shell. I have all the downloads from Ramos, I'm just not sure how to flash them at this point. I'm hoping there's a way to either copy the files onto a USB flash drive and somehow turn on the tablet through some sort of flash mode like with phones. Or even connect my tablet up to my PC and flash it that way. There really is not a lot of information on Ramos tablets at all. I know it's my fault I got into this mess, but in some ways I wish I bought a Teclast tablet since there seems to be a lot of English support for it now.

But I had read so many times that Ramos and Pipo were the most reliable and well built Chinese brands that I went for this one. But even in China people have complained that Ramos have a really complicated way of flashing and install OSes on their tablets... If I find anything that solves my problem and would be helpful to you too, I'll post it here. What I did notice was that the storage was divided up in to MANY little partitions and I couldn't understand why.

EDIT: I now know what I need to do, but I have to wait until I get an OTG hub so I can connect a keyboard and USB flash drive simultaneously. I think I can solve this once I get them.
        Last edited by SyreetaW; 05-09-2015, 12:17.

Comment

Hey SyreetaW,
          You defenitivly need an OTG setup (keyboard and mouse) to work on this tablet: but my advice to get rid of the android partitions was of course the second step after a complete backup imaging (like Filezilla), to ensure that you have saved the complete structure and datas of the ramos flash drive. I wouldnt try anything on the tablet partition before that crucial backup!
          I wonder what partitions you have deleted (as you said, there is plenty of them: Billcnz as posted the list of all the partitions on the drive): as for a UEFI installation of windows you should have kept, at least 3 partitions: recovery (arround 300mo) uefi(100mo) and windows. With your OTG hardware available, you should be able to "repair windows installation" by pressing F8 at boot up (only if you have kept the recovery partition).
          You could also repair windows by booting on a "windows 8.1 with bing" from a usb stick (the version installed on this tablet and available from your favorite torrents clients! You could even try a clean installation (you should save your win8 licence key). if you didnt reset your key in the uefi, it should be there, and should be recognised automatically during setup.
          If this doesnt work, you should have to go through the Obscur Ramos installation steps available in chinese (google translation). If for some reasons, you succeed in installing anything from that "guides" please, share your experience here; and write a comprehensive tutorial in English detailing all the steps and file names you have used to accomplish that miracle!
          Good luck !

Comment

Hi AngyParis,
            I did save those 3 partitions (I think the recovery one was about 3GB or so and Windows was 27GB, but I merged it with the space left from the deleted partitions, so it was about 55GB), but apparently that's not enough. I can't even get into the Windows boot manager as it's not even there anymore! In the BIOS, it's just says UEFI or disable as boot options. I do have an OTG cable from my smartphone, but I need a hub to really sort this out, since I need the tablet to see the files on a USB flash drive AND also have the keyboard attached. I need to buy a bigger flash drive anyway, but it seems that it might be possible to flash with just an OTG cable as the EFI shell gives you 5 seconds or so to look for the startup.nsh file required for the BIOS to run, so you could swap if you're fast enough? It's supposed to automatically flash after that and then you follow up with another file after it reboots. But I'll wait until my stuff arrives and work from there.

I think reflashing the dual boot BIOS would help you get what you want back, but there is an "Android only" one available if you use the i9s one (the i9s Pro is an i9s but with a larger EMMC and the dual OS option. Everything else hardware wise is the same). I'll definitely keep you up to date on what I accomplish.

Comment

Hi guys, it will be interesting to follow your experiences and thanks for sharing.

I'm working a bit on the android ROM side of things. I've repacked the system.img with the mods for root and play services but I haven't tried to reflash yet as I would have to do a factory reset and flash the stock ROM first for it to be meaningful and it's my daily use tablet at the moment.

Sent from my Ramos i9s pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, the more info the better! Actually, I've been thinking about AngyParis's problem... Have you tried going into Windows and searching for an application called "MicroVirtSetup.exe"? I think it has something to do with the dual boot configuration. If you can find it and start it, you should find a little "M" icon in the taskbar. Click it and it should give you the option to "Load the Android partition". It might help you to at least get into Android and figure out what to do from there? Just throwing ideas out there as I have no idea what it does...

Comment

Hello Guys,

MicroVirtSetup.exe was installed in the Win8.1. i was able to mount Android partition in windows (to share files ). but the "boot Android" was greyed:
                  Today, after translating the Ramos Chat and a Document the "tech" guy sent us, i have lost the access to Windows. The Tablet is booting directly to Android now :-) i regained access to my rooted Android as i i have left it !

This happened just after Flashing "I9S_SPINOR_10.bin" contained in a "i9spro-android-BIOS-1" folder (fparts.txt, fpt.efi, fpt64.efi, I9S_SPINOR_10.bin, startup.nsh).

For info the guy sent us that document in chinese : I9SPRO重装双系统方法(1).doc :

"I9S-PRO reinstall the dual system approach
                  One,
                  1 : ready to use the tool , U disk 3 .USB-HUB Splitter a wired or wireless mouse and keyboard ( as shown below ) .
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]n499361[/ATTACH]
                  2: Download good upgrade requires firmware and BIOS files can be re- download link below .
                  I9S-PRO-windows firmware http://yunpan.cn/cZgD7QU7TkNRN access password facd
                  I9S-PRO-android firmware http://yunpan.cn/cZg4eIgzd6FVZ access password f353
                  I9S-PRO- Andrews BIOS file http://yunpan.cn/cZgIcHYcwHgib access password 29ee
                  I9S-PRO-WIN8 BIOS file http://yunpan.cn/cZgImVzFaVseb access code 8202
                  3 : You need to reinstall the machine malfunctions dual system is generally turned blue screen ( shown below ) .
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]n499362[/ATTACH]
                  II.
                  1: The first step in this phenomenon first brush Andrews machine BIOS, the BIOS brush method, see (downloaded BIOS file inside)

2: After brushing machine BIOS to ensure there is enough power to hold the volume "+" key, insert the USB cable ,, after + hold the same volume, and other machines into the DNX mode, and then release your finger, then put machine connected to the computer via USB cable can normally upgrade. See upgrade (upgrade tool instructions)
                  III.
                  1: After brushing directly into Android Android, "Mai micro dual boot" click on the desktop icon, start the application, you can quit. If there is "The application needs to restart the machine before use", start the application again then reboot the machine, and then shut down.
                  2: machine off then brush the same way Windows BIOS.

3: After brushing BIOS start brushing windows system. [Note] brush WIN8 the BIOS later, can not enter the android system, if entered, processing methods are: Reboot into the BIOS interface, the last one "Save or exit", select the "restore Defaults", the direct return car, choose yes, and returns to the first item "save changes and exit", and then hit enter, choose yes, automatic restart, you can then brush the win8 systems;

4: Brush windows system method: Place the downloaded I9S-PRO-windows system decompression copied to another disk in the root directory of U, U disk and then changed the name in uppercase (WINPE) letter OTG connection U disk and keyboard. Start by selecting F7 keys from U disk, enter WINPE choose your U disk, press OK machine will automatic install Windows, when the percentage of the machine after% Brush finish interface system32 stop using the keypad to enter "EXIT", the machine will automatically restart,
                  5: Restart, through a dual-boot menu choose to enter Windows, find the "MicroVirtSetup.exe" file in the C disk MicroVirt directory, double-click operation, executed the installation process: After the installation is complete, enter C: \ Program Files \ MicroVirt \ Dualboot, Click MicroVirtAt.exe perform in the future the software will automatically load
                  6: Click on the bottom right of the taskbar Mai micro "M" icon on the "Load Android data partition" - this time Android partitions are mapped, and have created a shortcut on the desktop (realization Android space shared on windows system), so step and then click the OK button on the widget windows on the desktop (as shown below), the machine dual system reinstall is complete.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]n499363[/ATTACH] "
                  Stay tuned for your next episode
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
                    Hi guys, it will be interesting to follow your experiences and thanks for sharing.

I'm working a bit on the android ROM side of things. I've repacked the system.img with the mods for root and play services but I haven't tried to reflash yet as I would have to do a factory reset and flash the stock ROM first for it to be meaningful and it's my daily use tablet at the moment.

Hi thanks for your excellent info and sharing. I just got my i9s pro and a LOT I can't get to work is on the android part. I get an error when try to upgrade. I can't find Windows USB drivers and I desperately need to root it for being able to use my large ntfs micro SD card that I have installed for Windows. And the Google play service it's too old for many functions, like YouTube etc.

Any links that you can share, for updates, fix, anything is extremely appreciated. I don't seem to find anything on the web.

I'm not a novice for Chinese tablets, I have Both Teclast X98 dual BOOT and X80H dual BOOT a Pipo W3 win 8.1 and Cube X9 Air 3G and on those I've managed to root and get everything to work
                    Thanks in advance.

Bosse

Last edited by bossew; 05-12-2015, 14:35.

Comment

Hello BossEw,
                      First install your usb drivers: if you have Win 8.1/win8/win7 64bit, you will have to remove the drivers signature enforcement !
                      For this follow this guide as an exemple : https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials...t-on-windows-8
                      Once you have restarted on this mode; install "IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.5.0.exe"that you will find here : http://dl.vmall.com/c0fgu4b7ia
                      inside "i9spro-win8-BOIS-2.rar".

Once installed; plug your tablet : it should be populated in the Hardware manager. if not : find the line where there is a drivers problem, and update it manualy, chosing android device for your hardware. it should find the android/adb drivers that you just installed.
                      There you should have a drivers working for you tablet.
                      To root it, i have used a program full of spywares and virus called "vroot". search for "Romaster_4.0.9.13852_Setup". i suggest you do that install in a temp virtual machine (where you have installed your usb drivers too!) or at minimum in a sandbox (but risks that the programm will not managed to root your tablet correctly because of sandbox's restrictions). from that point : the rooting process is quiet easy! when root is completed (it worked after a romaster update in my case); just update your Super SU in your android.

Enjoy! (be carefull if trying to remove unknown chinese programms with TB: that is how i have lost dualboot).

Comment

Thanks I have win 7 64bit and another PC with Win 8.1 64 and another with Win 8.1 32 bit. I'll probably have too do it this weekend. I'm no familiar with virtual machine but I'll find out. One question Welwyn I use the MicroVirtSetup I'm able to see my Android user drive but I'm not able to copy anything to it. Even if I take away write protection it doesn't go away. The reason I want to copy to it is that in Android mode I can't read NTFS, exFat or FAT32. I have been able to read a small FAT USB drive though. Is this a known issue? Is it my device only?
                        Finally are there any fix for Google Play Service?
                        Thanks for your kind support.

Comment

Originally posted by AngyParis View Post
                          Hello BossEw,
                          First install your usb drivers: if you have Win 8.1/win8/win7 64bit, you will have to remove the drivers signature enforcement !
                          For this follow this guide as an exemple : https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials...t-on-windows-8
                          Once you have restarted on this mode; install "IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.5.0.exe"that you will find here : http://dl.vmall.com/c0fgu4b7ia
                          inside "i9spro-win8-BOIS-2.rar".

Once installed; plug your tablet : it should be populated in the Hardware manager. if not : find the line where there is a drivers problem, and update it manualy, chosing android device for your hardware. it should find the android/adb drivers that you just installed.
                          There you should have a drivers working for you tablet.
                          To root it, i have used a program full of spywares and virus called "vroot". search for "Romaster_4.0.9.13852_Setup". i suggest you do that install in a temp virtual machine (where you have installed your usb drivers too!) or at minimum in a sandbox (but risks that the programm will not managed to root your tablet correctly because of sandbox's restrictions). from that point : the rooting process is quiet easy! when root is completed (it worked after a romaster update in my case); just update your Super SU in your android.

Enjoy! (be carefull if trying to remove unknown chinese programms with TB: that is how i have lost dualboot).
                          Hi AngyParis
                          After installing the USB drivers 1.5.0. from your link I could easily get it rooted using KingoRoot, there is no malware or virus (I've used Kingo before) and you can even download it using CNet download. You find it here:
                          http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm
                          After that swap to Chaifire SuperSU is no issue and provides more options. To be able to mount external SD Card USB connected i use Sticky Mount from Chainfire. It give the access to the SD card under internal memory /usbStorage.
                          I have not been able to acces the SD card inserted and that that I aim to share with windows, any ideas? Its an 10 SDXD 64Gb NTFS card from Samsung. I have tried also with a 32GB card FAT32 Samsung but no luck. In windows it works fine so no HW issue. I have other brands I will try. I'll post the results.
                          Last edited by bossew; 05-13-2015, 18:23.

Comment

I've just been using Kingo root also and agree it's a much better option than vroot. I've just been experimenting with flashing modified stock ROMs but every variation I tried it always broke the root so I had to reroot many times and got sick of vroots trojan spyware. Luckily like you I found Kingo.

My newbe attempt at ROM building was a bit of a failure, always something broken so I had to start again from stock and root and manually fix the Gapps like before. I think not having a custom recovery is the main limitation.

Comment

Hey guys...
                              I think I've really screwed mine. I've tried to flash the BIOS with the correct files for Windows, but it gets stuck in a restarting loop and won't stay in Fastboot mode so I can launch the "stage 2" update file from my PC. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I could try reinstalling Windows somehow and flash the BIOS from there, but my larger capacity USB flash drive hasn't arrived yet (only the OTG USB hub). Anyone have any ideas what went wrong? I thought flashing the BIOS would solve everything as I didn't delete Windows, the image backup partition (I think that's what it was) and the UEFI BIOS (which you can't delete)?

Comment

Two "stupid" questions, from powered off:
                                How do you start in recovery mode?
                                How do you start in safe mode?

sent from my G900F using tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X