No announcement yet.

Ramos i9s Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The i11 Pro I ordered arrived. Hardware wise it's a very nice unit especially with the optional keyboard case but I think I was a bit hasty to buy from one of the smaller Chinese stores (because it wasn't being stocked by Geekbuying etc). It seems it has a china home version of Windows 8.1 so I can't change the display language to English. Input language is ok and new programs installed are english but all the system menus are in Chinese so it makes it very hard to navigate.

On the Android side it was working quite well out of the box except I had some trouble rooting it and did something silly so now it's only booting Windows. I have looked on the Ramos firmware site and they don't have any firmware listed for the i11 Pro so I've emailed Ramos service and hope they will send me a reply.

Also hoping that when Microsoft pushes the Windows 10 upgrade that will work and allow me to change the main display language.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
      The i11 Pro I ordered arrived. Hardware wise it's a very nice unit especially with the optional keyboard case but I think I was a bit hasty to buy from one of the smaller Chinese stores (because it wasn't being stocked by Geekbuying etc). It seems it has a china home version of Windows 8.1 so I can't change the display language to English. Input language is ok and new programs installed are english but all the system menus are in Chinese so it makes it very hard to navigate.

On the Android side it was working quite well out of the box except I had some trouble rooting it and did something silly so now it's only booting Windows. I have looked on the Ramos firmware site and they don't have any firmware listed for the i11 Pro so I've emailed Ramos service and hope they will send me a reply.

Also hoping that when Microsoft pushes the Windows 10 upgrade that will work and allow me to change the main display language.
      You should be able to install the English language by downloading it online. I did so when I first used the Ramos i9s Pro when a few menus and stuff were still in Chinese despite changing the language and locale. Try the instructions here:

You should be able to navigate as all links will be in the same places as the images shown... good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by SyreetaW View Post

You should be able to install the English language by downloading it online. I did so when I first used the Ramos i9s Pro when a fewsio menus and stuff were still in Chinese despite changing the language and locale. Try the instructions here:

You should be able to navigate as all links will be in the same places as the images shown... good luck!
        thanks, tried that already but seems my i11 Pro has a China home version of 8.1 which is like a single language version so doesn't allow installation of language packs. I could probably try to reinstall from official media but not sure if the current license will still be valid. At least my Outlook account apps synchronized and they all run in English so it's not all bad.

Comment

Tried a little harder... how about this method instead? It's a bit long winded though, but it's specifically for installing another language on a single language installation...

Comment

Originally posted by SyreetaW View Post
            Tried a little harder... how about this method instead? It's a bit long winded though, but it's specifically for installing another language on a single language installation...

http://sergeit.blogspot.co.uk/2013/1...guage-mui.html
            Manual install of cab files also fails, it seems only fix for China home version would be to reinstall.

Comment

Does it have to be SuperSu apk from playstore because I do not have Goggle Services working yet on my tablet? Would it work if I just downloaded the SuperSu apk from another site like apkmirror?

Comment

Originally posted by WildBill
                Does it have to be SuperSu apk from playstore because I do not have Goggle Services working yet on my tablet? Would it work if I just downloaded the SuperSu apk from another site like apkmirror?
                Playstore should be working enough in the stock i9sPro rom to install SuperSu and some other apps it was just that an updated play services is needed to run some Google apps like Gmail, YouTube, Music and Movies. Bossew posted an OTA updated rom earlier in this thread so probably the best idea is to download that and give it a try.

Comment

Thanks to Bossew for sharing Ramos contact and thanks to SyreetaW for firmware flashing tutorial in this thread I was able to restore dual boot on my i11 Pro and changed to Windows 8.1 with Bing from Windows 8.1 China so I was able to choose English during the Windows first start wizard so I now have the interface in English.
                  Cheers guys

Edit: not quite as good as I thought It looks like I need to re-activate Windows and the old product key doesn't work with the new edition

Edit 2: Ended up having to buy a Pro Pack online to update and activate the 8.1 with Bing so cost a bit but at least it's fully functional and not going to stop in 30 days.
                  Last edited by Billcnz; 06-20-2015, 03:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
                    Thanks to Bossew for sharing Ramos contact and thanks to SyreetaW for firmware flashing tutorial in this thread I was able to restore dual boot on my i11 Pro and changed to Windows 8.1 with Bing from Windows 8.1 China so I was able to choose English during the Windows first start wizard so I now have the interface in English.
                    Cheers guys

Edit: not quite as good as I thought It looks like I need to re-activate Windows and the old product key doesn't work with the new edition

Edit 2: Ended up having to buy a Pro Pack online to update and activate the 8.1 with Bing so cost a bit but at least it's fully functional and not going to stop in 30 days.

Glad to hear everything has worked out in the end with your i11 Pro. I'm currently trying to source a new LCD/digitiser assembly for as cheap as possible for a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition I got cheap. I've decided to give up on Windows 8 for now until a decent stylus for drawing shows up. The S Pen will more than do the job for me, it's just a matter of finding decent graphics apps for Android! Pity there's no way to install Windows on a Galaxy tablet...

Comment

I've just picked up my tablet and noticed a weird crack in the screen. It seems to originate from the centre of the screen.
                      I'm at loss about what to do about it, as every time pressure is put on the screen (normal use) it spreads further.
                      My thinking is, is it really worth while trying to get help from support, sending the table back and forth to China (it took long enough to arrive in the first place!)?
                      Should I try sourcing a replacement part?
                      What is the part called, digitizer I guess?

Any suggestions?
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by CircuitMonkey View Post
                        I've just picked up my tablet and noticed a weird crack in the screen. It seems to originate from the centre of the screen.
                        I'm at loss about what to do about it, as every time pressure is put on the screen (normal use) it spreads further.
                        My thinking is, is it really worth while trying to get help from support, sending the table back and forth to China (it took long enough to arrive in the first place!)?
                        Should I try sourcing a replacement part?
                        What is the part called, digitizer I guess?

Any suggestions?
                        That's a real shame. I would definitely contact the supplier and see what your options are. Some of the smaller sellers don't use enough protective wrapping.

Comment

Hello,

could somebody re-upload FW files on some European server (specially Windows one which is biggest) I am not able to download them from Chinese pages, it fail after few minutes/hours...speed is 15kb/s, terrible...

Thank you!

Comment

Hello everyone. I hope you can help me. I own a Ramos i9s and so far so good. The problem is I messed up with a folder called permissions in Android and after that I had lost bluetooth and other stuff. So I went and performed a hard reset from the recovery and wiped cache again just in case. Now the android partition is on a loop and does not load. Windows is fine. So intending to flash the android partition I downloaded the latest lewa rom for the ramos and all the tools needed. I followed a guide where a guy with a teclast says it works the same method for mine. But I get lost on the last step where everything is ready to install but the program (crashes). I got the files from here http://dl.vmall.com/c0fgu4b7ia . Can you help me to reinstall lewa on the android partition? Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by stillka View Post
                              Hello,

could somebody re-upload FW files on some European server (specially Windows one which is biggest) I am not able to download them from Chinese pages, it fail after few minutes/hours...speed is 15kb/s, terrible...

Thank you!
                              FYI, I have managed to run Android-x86 4.4-r3 on the device, it run smoothly and fast, Antutu score 32500 but so far few major problems exist:
                              - blue-tooth does'n work
                              - cant read actual battery charging state
                              - sound/mic doesn't work
                              - brightness doesn't work
                              - rotation sensor work but need invert axes (probably ramos implementation issue)
                              - video acceleration work only up to 720p (tested on youtube)
                              - no GPS

I have Windows 10 installed there, it running great (in tablet mode), but I want restore original Android, so could somebody help and upload all FW files on non-chinese server?

Thank you

Comment

Windows 10 upgrade went smoothly on both i9s Pro and i11 Pro, dual boot and Android was unaffected.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X