Ramos i9s Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aitzindari
    Hello everyone. I hope you can help me. I own a Ramos i9s and so far so good. The problem is I messed up with a folder called permissions in Android and after that I had lost bluetooth and other stuff. So I went and performed a hard reset from the recovery and wiped cache again just in case. Now the android partition is on a loop and does not load. Windows is fine. So intending to flash the android partition I downloaded the latest lewa rom for the ramos and all the tools needed. I followed a guide where a guy with a teclast says it works the same method for mine. But I get lost on the last step where everything is ready to install but the program (crashes). I got the files from here http://dl.vmall.com/c0fgu4b7ia . Can you help me to reinstall lewa on the android partition? Thanks in advance
    Anybody?

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SM-N900A mediante Tapatalk

Comment

SyreetaW made a good guide in post #69 of this thread.

Sent from my Ramos i11 pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you. After long hours of trying I finally did it. The flashing tool crashed all the time and I found in a teclast forum the solution; config.ini file must be copied to the program's folder. Unfortunately after setting everything up android froze and I switched it off... now it does not boot anymore. Does anyone has the files to reflash everything again? Thanks

Attached Files

Comment

OK, this is the last post I'll be typing relating to this tablet as I don't even use mine anymore now that I've fixed my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. I have uploaded ALL the relevant files (Android and Windows firmware, plus their BIOS files and whatever programs needed to install them) for the Ramos i9s Pro to Mediafire for anyone to use. The link's here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/exx..._i9s_Pro_Files

These are the same files I used in the guide I wrote on how to flash a Ramos i9s Pro back to stock configuration. They are how they are when you download them directly from Ramos's website (except I changed the RAR file names on the Android specific ones so you'll know which is which as they have a habit of calling all the archives the same thing but differentiate them by date ), so you'll need to follow the guide carefully so you won't get confused. Oh yeah and the Windows ones, you need all the files from both part 1 and part 2. Just unzip both and stick the contents in one folder for ease of access.

I'll keep them up as long as I can and I wish you guys good luck with your tablets as I've given up on Chinese tablets and will stick to what I know, for easier access to replacement parts and better resale value if necessary!
          Last edited by SyreetaW; 09-06-2015, 17:59.

Comment

Originally posted by SyreetaW View Post
            OK, this is the last post I'll be typing relating to this tablet as I don't even use mine anymore now that I've fixed my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. I have uploaded ALL the relevant files (Android and Windows firmware, plus their BIOS files and whatever programs needed to install them) for the Ramos i9s Pro to Mediafire for anyone to use. The link's here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/exx..._i9s_Pro_Files

These are the same files I used in the guide I wrote on how to flash a Ramos i9s Pro back to stock configuration. They are how they are when you download them directly from Ramos's website (except I changed the RAR file names on the Android specific ones so you'll know which is which as they have a habit of calling all the archives the same thing but differentiate them by date ), so you'll need to follow the guide carefully so you won't get confused. Oh yeah and the Windows ones, you need all the files from both part 1 and part 2. Just unzip both and stick the contents in one folder for ease of access.

I'll keep them up as long as I can and I wish you guys good luck with your tablets as I've given up on Chinese tablets and will stick to what I know, for easier access to replacement parts and better resale value if necessary!
            You rock!!! Thank you so much!!! With my internet connection it will take a few days for me to download everything but as soon as I revive the tablet I will repost here!!! I really appreciate it!!!

Comment

I downloaded all the files... at last!!! Unfortunately I am still stuck on the first stage. It gives me an error. Just a quick question. Under the folder Bios android there are some files for the Bios (1 and 2) but their names differ from the guide. .. In fact it says Bios windows despite being under the android folder. Is this OK or should I look for different files to flash the android BIOS? Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by aitzindari View Post
                I downloaded all the files... at last!!! Unfortunately I am still stuck on the first stage. It gives me an error. Just a quick question. Under the folder Bios android there are some files for the Bios (1 and 2) but their names differ from the guide. .. In fact it says Bios windows despite being under the android folder. Is this OK or should I look for different files to flash the android BIOS? Thanks in advance

Agh, I had a feeling something was wrong, so I checked back. Seems I got confused with the BIOS files (because of that "they're all called the same thing" reason and I was lazy to check them). I've just finished updating the Android BIOS AND Win 8 BIOS RAR files now from the same link. I've checked for the correct files and they will have the ones you need and both work the same way (remember Android is 10 and Windows is 11). I recommend deleting the ones you have and re-downloading the updated ones as they'll make more sense. That should be it. I'm really gone now!

Comment

Originally posted by AngyParis View Post
                  Hello Guys,

MicroVirtSetup.exe was installed in the Win8.1. i was able to mount Android partition in windows (to share files ). but the "boot Android" was greyed:
                  Today, after translating the Ramos Chat and a Document the "tech" guy sent us, i have lost the access to Windows. The Tablet is booting directly to Android now :-) i regained access to my rooted Android as i i have left it !

This happened just after Flashing "I9S_SPINOR_10.bin" contained in a "i9spro-android-BIOS-1" folder (fparts.txt, fpt.efi, fpt64.efi, I9S_SPINOR_10.bin, startup.nsh).

For info the guy sent us that document in chinese : I9SPRO重装双系统方法(1).doc :

"I9S-PRO reinstall the dual system approach
                  One,
                  1 : ready to use the tool , U disk 3 .USB-HUB Splitter a wired or wireless mouse and keyboard ( as shown below ) .
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]n499361[/ATTACH]
                  2: Download good upgrade requires firmware and BIOS files can be re- download link below .
                  I9S-PRO-windows firmware http://yunpan.cn/cZgD7QU7TkNRN access password facd
                  I9S-PRO-android firmware http://yunpan.cn/cZg4eIgzd6FVZ access password f353
                  I9S-PRO- Andrews BIOS file http://yunpan.cn/cZgIcHYcwHgib access password 29ee
                  I9S-PRO-WIN8 BIOS file http://yunpan.cn/cZgImVzFaVseb access code 8202
                  3 : You need to reinstall the machine malfunctions dual system is generally turned blue screen ( shown below ) .
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]n499362[/ATTACH]
                  II.
                  1: The first step in this phenomenon first brush Andrews machine BIOS, the BIOS brush method, see (downloaded BIOS file inside)

2: After brushing machine BIOS to ensure there is enough power to hold the volume "+" key, insert the USB cable ,, after + hold the same volume, and other machines into the DNX mode, and then release your finger, then put machine connected to the computer via USB cable can normally upgrade. See upgrade (upgrade tool instructions)
                  III.
                  1: After brushing directly into Android Android, "Mai micro dual boot" click on the desktop icon, start the application, you can quit. If there is "The application needs to restart the machine before use", start the application again then reboot the machine, and then shut down.
                  2: machine off then brush the same way Windows BIOS.

3: After brushing BIOS start brushing windows system. [Note] brush WIN8 the BIOS later, can not enter the android system, if entered, processing methods are: Reboot into the BIOS interface, the last one "Save or exit", select the "restore Defaults", the direct return car, choose yes, and returns to the first item "save changes and exit", and then hit enter, choose yes, automatic restart, you can then brush the win8 systems;

4: Brush windows system method: Place the downloaded I9S-PRO-windows system decompression copied to another disk in the root directory of U, U disk and then changed the name in uppercase (WINPE) letter OTG connection U disk and keyboard. Start by selecting F7 keys from U disk, enter WINPE choose your U disk, press OK machine will automatic install Windows, when the percentage of the machine after% Brush finish interface system32 stop using the keypad to enter "EXIT", the machine will automatically restart,
                  5: Restart, through a dual-boot menu choose to enter Windows, find the "MicroVirtSetup.exe" file in the C disk MicroVirt directory, double-click operation, executed the installation process: After the installation is complete, enter C: \ Program Files \ MicroVirt \ Dualboot, Click MicroVirtAt.exe perform in the future the software will automatically load
                  6: Click on the bottom right of the taskbar Mai micro "M" icon on the "Load Android data partition" - this time Android partitions are mapped, and have created a shortcut on the desktop (realization Android space shared on windows system), so step and then click the OK button on the widget windows on the desktop (as shown below), the machine dual system reinstall is complete.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]n499363[/ATTACH] "
                  Stay tuned for your next episode

Hi everyone,

has anyone downloaded the Windows 8.1 files from the quoted link?? It keeps asking me to use the 360 Cloud but I can't register to do that as it requires a China mainland telephone number.

If any one has could they please post a link to some storage where I have access.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have problem with touch inside windows 10. It was working fine but i restore default and now when you push in specific point it is appear in another place. Could i help me?. With android it is working fine.

On the other hand now it has desppear rotation option.

I don't know if i reintall drivers it will be work again fine.
                    Anybody can share me the driver for windows system?

​Thanks

Comment

Hi,

thank you for saving my tablet by this how-to, I was not able to restore Android back...any way, please update the guide, after step 3 before step 4 must be step in which after flashing Windows BIOSes (both phase 1 and 2) you must reboot to BIOS and perform "Restore defaults", then "Save and Reboot", otherwise Windows 8 recovery operation fail on beginning with error "Cant find WINPE source drive"

Regards Stillka

Originally posted by SyreetaW View Post
                      Hey Jarek Staniszewski,

Perhaps I can help you out with getting your Ramos i9s Pro back to factory state? First thing's first. You need to flash the Android BIOS first. Unfortunately at this time, it seems the links are down (they're saying they don't exist for me). If you have the files already that's good.

1. To flash the BIOS, drop all the files in the "i9spro-android-BIOS-1" folder (fparts.txt, fpt.efi, fpt64.efi, I9S_SPINOR_10.bin and startup.nsh) onto a properly formatted USB flash drive (GPT for best results) and make sure its name is WINPE, and start your tablet up either holding down the middle of the volume button (meaning both + and - are pressed together) or pressing F7 on an attached keyboard. F7 will give you a boot menu and is the option I use. Highlight the UEFI built in BIOS and press Enter. The UEFI BIOS will run and say you can press ESC to skip looking for startup.nsh. Don't do this. Let it find it and it will read the files on the USB drive. While it's doing this (you see a few percentages of stuff being flashed), plug the data cable into your PC and run the "update-bios-stage2" batch file found in the "i9spro-android-BIOS-2" folder. A command prompt window will appear on your PC. Don't worry about it and leave it open.

As soon as the files have finished flashing on your tablet, you have a few seconds when the screen turns black (it'll briefly go into fastboot/DMX mode) to plug in the other end of the cable into your tablet. If you miss the time window, just shut it down and then turn it on holding down volume + and you should see the command prompt quickly flash something and then disappear. That means the Android BIOS is done.

2. Now to flash Android itself. This is a little more complicated. You need all the files in the "i9s pro" folder ("win" is added if it's for Windows). This has two folders. One containing the flashing software you need to install on your PC and the other containing the ROM files. Mine unfortunately looks like gibberish, but open the folder with the shorter "name". First, install the iSoC USB driver (Windows will nag you about certificates, but don't worry, it's safe, but old). Then install the Intel Android USB driver (though there is a newer version available it seems that everything in the folder works best with the version there, so just stay with it). Now that you've installed those, click the reghack.reg file. Sounds iffy, but I did so with no adverse effects.

Next, install the Manufacturing Flash Tool (MFT). Once that's done, copy the file to the "CUSTOM_CONFIG.ini" file to the MFT installation directory. Open the Flash Tool and go to "File", then "Settings" and make sure to do/see the following:

On the "General Properties" tab under "SOC devices":

VID: 8087
                      PID: 0A65

Under "Android devices":

VID: 8087
                      PID: 09EF

Under "Options":

Override GP flag unchecked: 0x80000045
                      Logger level: DEBUG
                      Save statistics: Checked

Click Apply and then OK. Still with me? Good. Now a strange step, but make a folder called "AOS_FINAL_IMAGE" and copy all the firmware/ROM files from the second folder (which will say something like "i9s pro" and then a date) in there. I haven't tried not doing this step as it's already complicated and annoying as it is. Now back to the Flash Tool and the tablet. Start it up in fastboot/DMX mode and plug it into your PC, if you haven't installed the USB drivers before, Windows will pop up a little notification. Now in the Status messages in the Flash Tool, you'll see that it has seen the tablet and will say it's ready to flash. Go to "File", then "Open" and navigate to your "AOS_FINAL_IMAGE" folder. Open the file "flash.xml". It should start the flash process and you'll see the DroidBoot logo and a load of stuff going on on the tablet. Let it do its thing and the tablet will restart and you'll see Android again! Unlock your screen and tap the "MicroVirt" icon (the colourful "M"). It'll say something completely in Chinese (Note: even in English it will remain so), so just tap the button which probably says OK. What this app does is set up the dual boot menu you see when you power up the tablet. Let's move on, it's almost over.

3. Now here's where it gets easier. It's time to get Windows back on there. Remember the way you flashed the Android BIOS? Do it exactly the same way with the Windows one, which is "I9S_SPINOR_11_W.bin". The "startup.nsh" file will reflect this, but you can use the Android one if you edit the file in Notepad to run the chosen .bin file. But it's best to just download the right files and just drop them onto your preformatted USB flash drive.

4. Now, it's finally time for Windows. If you got the folder "i9spro-win8.1-20150106-压缩包1" or something that says "i9s pro" and "win" in its title, drop all the files onto your preformatted USB flash file if it's large enough to hold all the files (just over 5GB worth). Start up your tablet and get back into the boot menu (F7 from power up or hold down volume + and - to get into the BIOS and go from there, but I highly recommend a USB OTG hub to attach the flash drive and a keyboard and a mouse if it has enough ports). This time start from the USB flash drive itself. It won't be called "WINPE" like I mentioned it should be called earlier, but whatever brand your drive is. The tablet will seem to restart and you'll see those large Chinese characters again. However, you'll see the familiar spinning circle of dots from Windows 8... It will start up into the "Diskpart" command prompt which will run all the batch files and stuff and partition the eMMC the way it was from factory. A note about Diskpart... when it's green, everything is OK. If it appears red for any reason something is wrong.

Usually, not having the drive named as "WINPE" or it not being formatted correctly (I've had times when even FAT32 wasn't good enough, but GPT or UEFI BIOS compatible was perfect) is the cause, so make sure your drive is ready as described. It'll take some time to install, but it will come to a point where it will ask you to shut down the tablet or type "exit" (I recommend the latter). This will restart the tablet and finish the Windows 8.1 installation. It will start up again and run some quick tests of the hardware. Finally, when the "OOBE" (means "out of box experience") box appears, check the little box. If it's in Chinese it means "customise". I think it allows to you some extra settings when you get to the stage of choosing your language and such, but I've also read it's a good thing to do. Once you click the first button to restart, that's it!

When you turn on your tablet or restart you'll have the dual boot menu back and both Windows and Android partitions! I have no idea on how to modify the size of those partitions and it would be best to prepare these via Diskpart and the partition.tbl files, so you'll need to do some research on that. I'm selling my tablet as a decent Windows or Android stylus will never be released as companies just keep skirting round the question when people ask, so I'm saving up for a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition instead.
                      Last edited by stillka; 12-06-2015, 12:15.

Comment

btw, I didn't found any working root method for latest Android 4.4.4, any idea what is working?

it looks that even you can get root shell, there is no way how to remove/replace actual "/system/bin/su" and "/system/xbin/su" binaries...
                        Last edited by stillka; 12-06-2015, 17:51.

Comment

I was able to do it with Kingo but did take several attempts. I think what may have been the key on the last attempt was after it said root was successful was to unplug USB cable before rebooting.

Sent from my Ramos i11 pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stillka
                            btw, I didn't found any working root method for latest Android 4.4.4, any idea what is working?

it looks that even you can get root shell, there is no way how to remove/replace actual "/system/bin/su" and "/system/xbin/su" binaries...
                            I did it with a software called iroot.

Comment

Just in case someone is interested... Few months back I was able to resurrect my Ramos i9s pro following the instructions here... But... I was only able to reinstall the android partition... I tried one hundred times to install Windows bios and follow along but I got always an error as if the bios wasn't the right one. So I don't have the dual boot and the Windows partition is there somehow hidden so I cannot boot into it. I finally gave up because I don't know what else could I do. Happy with the android but a shame not being able to have Windows.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Comment

Hello, I disabled USB port in the BIOS by accident. I am not able to use a pendrive, keyboard or edit the BIOS again... Can someone make a backup of the BIOS using the AFUWIN tool?, because I can't flash it in 2 parts. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X