Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Rooted or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Rooted or Not

For anyone wanting to talk about this tab.
    "May the Schwartz be with you"

galaxy tab 2 Rooted or not?

According to a Samsung Tech., the Galaxy tab 2 is NOT rooted out of the box, and rooting it will Void the warranty. He highly recommended not rooting it. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by kycats View Post
      According to a Samsung Tech., the Galaxy tab 2 is NOT rooted out of the box, and rooting it will Void the warranty. He highly recommended not rooting it. Hope this helps.
      Thanks for the reply. I should have worded this different. I wanted to start a post for people to discuss this model. Even if they were rooted or not. I have one (rooted) it it is a great device.

Comment

agreed

I agree, I had a few other crappy lower level tablets, Pandigital (GAG), and a polaroid, then I got this galaxy tab 2. Great tablet, very fast with the dual core processor, and you don't have to deal with the control freak issues of Apple. Would never buy an ipad, overpriced and overrated.

Comment

Are you rooted? if so, what rom?

Comment

I don't know why you want to root you tablet
            My tablet:
            The New IPad, Nexus 7

Comment

Re: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Rooted or Not

Originally posted by craffey View Post
              I don't know why you want to root you tablet
              I don't know why you don't.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I love all the features of Touchwiz. I've been reading here and there about this or that not working anymore when someone is running this ROM or that, so I won't be flashing any ROM's, I want everything to work, Keyboard, TV remote, floating apps, etc. The only thing I would like a fix for is apps to SD. Not sure why it isn't a stock option.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2

Comment

Agreed on the stock. I am currently running a modded stock. So, I have all the benefits of a custom but with all the samsung goodies. All the mod changed was root access and it is de-odexed. Super fast. I also have cwm so I can make complete backups.

I am a fan of rooting but understand why people are hesitate. Bricking would be no fun. I started this thread to do just what we are doing. Discussing this great tab. Thanks for your input :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by corki2 View Post
                    The only thing I would like a fix for is apps to SD. Not sure why it isn't a stock option.

It has something to do with partitions in honeycomb and ics. I got around it using an app called Directory Bind. All the data is stored on the external and linked to the internal. The draw back is you have to be rooted.

Comment

Originally posted by corki2 View Post
                      I love all the features of Touchwiz. I've been reading here and there about this or that not working anymore when someone is running this ROM or that, so I won't be flashing any ROM's, I want everything to work, Keyboard, TV remote, floating apps, etc. The only thing I would like a fix for is apps to SD. Not sure why it isn't a stock option.

I agree stock rom is good but a little bloated, biggest problem for me is that I'm running out of space because I cant move apps to my sd card

Comment

Directory bind

Originally posted by steviep View Post
                        I agree stock rom is good but a little bloated, biggest problem for me is that I'm running out of space because I cant move apps to my sd card
                        I use directory bind and have most of my storage for apps on the extsd. You have to be rooted but it solves the space issue.

Comment

I think I'll have to look into rooting just to move apps, how do you recommend I root my tab?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by steviep View Post
                            I think I'll have to look into rooting just to move apps, how do you recommend I root my tab?

Are you on JB ICS (4.0 or 4.1)?

You can start here. Hope this helps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=root+link

Comment

Jb 4.1.1 it was a recent upgrade

Comment

Working...
                              X