X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steviep View Post
    Jb 4.1.1 it was a recent upgrade

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2
    If you don't mind, let me know about your battery life. That is the only thing that has keeped me from upgrading. I have heared mixed stories about it and would like to get your opinion.

p.s. I attached a link to my previous post. Let me know if you need help.
    "May the Schwartz be with you"

Comment

Re: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Rooted or Not

Battery life has not been an issue for me, I'll have a look at your link, thanks

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Morning ,
        I spotted this thread but i have the tab 7 plus which i brought 2 new 32gb for £160 each for my sons for xmas.
        So approx £90 on each saved compared to buying x2 tab 2's, fully warranty for 2 years which i can always put back in official stock firmware if need be, so not void.
        Processor is slighty faster than the new version, 7 plus 1.2ghz, tab 2 1.0ghz, everything else is exact thte same, apart from the tab 2 having jellybean, not a biggy.
        Soon as i got them i updated to ICS official and rooted both of them.
        ICS is much faster but i am limited to what i can do as my boys are happy with what i have done to them plus they were a replacement to the crappy apple ipods.
        Damn things are hardly out fo their hands lol.
        So very rare i get to play with them to do anything as regards more mods etc.
        Rooting these tabs you will have no issues with and can only make them better from stock.
        Best wishes

Comment

Tab 2 & Samsung Tablet Dock

I discovered that I can use Flash memory sticks and cards with a Hub made by GrayBean. I find only mixed information about whether or not the Samsung dock for other tablets with the same samsung proprietary connector will work with the tab2 7.0... Most say it will not but a few claim a Samsung tech told them Samsung does not list compatibility with the Tab 2 7.0 but that the dock will work. Are there any third party docks that work with the 7.0?

Does anyone here know if the dock will work? My interest is HDMI streaming to TV & ethernet cable use. I don't need them. I simply like to tinker around with my gadgets.

Also, anyone run across news about the status of the Samsung wireless Jelly Bean upgrade? I understand its already released to some Asian countries and to UK. When is it supposed to reach North America. I am aware of the third party upgrade Rom but I find third party ROMs are always a trade off. I want Jelly Bean but I don't want to lose any functionality to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruisedquasar012 View Post
            Also, anyone run across news about the status of the Samsung wireless Jelly Bean upgrade? I understand its already released to some Asian countries and to UK. When is it supposed to reach North America. I am aware of the third party upgrade Rom but I find third party ROMs are always a trade off. I want Jelly Bean but I don't want to lose any functionality to get it.
            It has rolled out for some people. If you use Kies, update it and it should be there. If not, I downloaded it here http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?p...ype=3#firmware
            and flashed it with mobile odin. For me personally, this stock rom is the best out right now and beats all of the other custom roms I've tried.

As for the dock, I don't use one so I can't be to much help there. Did you try the XDA fourms for your tab? Good stuff over there.

Comment

well....

Originally posted by Gamer819 View Post
              I don't know why you don't.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Right I dont see y u would root cause loke all the things that could go wrong and after u root you have voided the warrenty so u cant get it repaired so what are the good features of it

Comment

Valid concerns but I just don't share them with you. I have 3 tablets and a phone that are rooted. Two are running custom Roms and the others I can have dual boot, over clocking, backups, halo, ..... It is all about your personal needs and comfort working in an android environment. I'm very comfortable with rooting therefore I do. I can also respect that someone doesn't want to think it is necessary.

Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Working...
                X