tab 2 10.1 vs. note 10.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tab 2 10.1 vs. note 10.1

Hi guys - any opinions about whether I should get a Tab 2 or a Note? I like both; the Note seems to come with a few additional goodies that the Tab doesn't have. Originally I was looking for a tablet to connect to my camera so I could view pictures on a larger screen as I take them, and it looks like the Note comes pre-loaded with a scaled-down version of Photoshop; don't know if there is a similar program for the Tab, especially since the Tab doesn't utilize a stylus like the Note. Reviews I have read on the Internet seem to be better for the Note than the Tab. Any opinions here?

For what it's worth, until I started reading some of the other threads I thought a root was part of a tree...

Thanks!!

Re: tab 2 10.1 vs. note 10.1

I can't answer your question specifically but as a tab 2 owner I wish I would have sprung for the note. It needed to be rooted out of the box to be what it should have been. I did my research after my purchase :banghead: Needed a tab in a hurry and made my decision based on budget. Based on what I've read, the note should be the one for you. Let us know when you get one.

Sent from my GT - P3113 Romswell v1.1 using Tapatalk 2
    "May the Schwartz be with you"

Comment

hey guys just got a tab2 had it a few minutes and so far pretty sweet
      will let you know whats up later
      freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
        hey guys just got a tab2 had it a few minutes and so far pretty sweet
        will let you know whats up later
        I'm really enjoying mine. I'm running Romswell v1.1 and I couldn't be happier. Can't wait to hear your experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamer819 View Post
          I'm really enjoying mine. I'm running Romswell v1.1 and I couldn't be happier. Can't wait to hear your experience.
          i'm working on getting my stock rom dump then i will do
          some customizing . so the rom your running is good ? is it debloated ? cause this tab has alot of bullsh*t
          apps i would prefer to have Bob do a rom for this thing ya know. i just don't really trust nobody else's stuff

Comment

I miss working with Bob but the guys over at xda do some top notch work. Mine isn't completely debloated but there is a version that is. Also, you can remove system apps with TB. Touch Wiz has grown on me so I use some of the Samsung apps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I miss working with Bob but the guys over at xda do some top notch work. Mine isn't completely debloated but there is a version that is. Also, you can remove system apps with TB. Touch Wiz has grown on me so I use some of the Samsung apps.

do they have one for the 10.1 tab 2 over there ?

Comment

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1602 this is the thread dedicated to the 10.1 only. Also there is a whole section dedicated to Tab2 in general.

Comment

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1602 this is the thread dedicated to the 10.1 only. Also there is a whole section dedicated to Tab2 in general.
                  ok so i managed to get cwm installed now when i go to install root zip cwm says e signiture not verifed so i don't have root yet .

Comment

ok got root i found this thread

Check your device model ! Settings -> About device -> Model number. See the third post for exact supported model numbers. If your device is a totally different model, it will not work (may even brick) ! CF-Root is the root for "rooting...

now this worked the very first time on my tab, galaxy tab 2 gt-p5113 there is a tar file for other builds in that
                    thread. so now i'm going to see if i can get a stock dump of this so we will have it here on site .

Comment

well done buddy

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S5660 met Tapatalk
                      if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
                        ok got root i found this thread

Check your device model ! Settings -> About device -> Model number. See the third post for exact supported model numbers. If your device is a totally different model, it will not work (may even brick) ! CF-Root is the root for "rooting...

now this worked the very first time on my tab, galaxy tab 2 gt-p5113 there is a tar file for other builds in that
                        thread. so now i'm going to see if i can get a stock dump of this so we will have it here on site .
                        Thanks for your hard work on this.

Comment

here is touch cwm for these tabs covers just about all build numbers use odin to install

The latest version of ClockworkMod recovery – a custom recovery used for flashing custom ROMs – is v6.0 which brings improvements such as up to 4-5x faster backup and restores as well a…

Comment

in the searching i have done in the last few days this looks like the most promising cutom rom

completely debloated and deodexed .
                            if i can't get a dump off mine i'm gonna give this one a try

OK DID SOME RESEARCH ON THIS ROM IT'S UP TO YA'LL BUT I HAVE SEEN BAD REPORTS ON THIS ONE THE CLEAN ROM .
                            people report after flash going from 16gigs of space to 2 gigs and not being able toget it back .
                            Last edited by tattman65; 11-08-2012, 18:52.

Comment

has anyone seen any info on getting a rom dump from these tabs ? i have been searching since friday and basicly have got nothing. if you see anything please post a link .

Comment

Working...
                              X