• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not doing so well?

"
    Given that
    Samsung
    has already admitted that it's "not doing very well in the tablet market," the cheaper iPad 2 could very well push some or all of these slates into an early grave."

This is unfortunate, seeing as many of us avoid Apple and their junk as much as possible. Their app store really isn't so special once you consider the hundreds of duplicates in there. How many calendars and timers do I need, anyway?

Just venting. I love my 10.1 and I am currently typing on the last Apple product I will ever buy. I wanted to see what was so special and came up empty-handed. Well. I ended up with an under-powered if not well-built computer to run Windows on, just so I can run anything at all

I played with a Galaxy tablet at the store and it seems like a NICE SOLID tablet. The price and a 2 year contract was a little tough for me though through Verizon. I personally like Android OS a lot, I work a lot in Linux and I just like it.

Let me give some history here. I preordered an iPad 1 and have used it mostly on 3G and E every day since I got it years ago. It has been completely trouble free and battery life is still days and days. My wife and son use it and love it as well. They both also have iPhones. I debated a LONG time (months) whether to get the Galaxy or wait for the iPad new version or whatever cheesy name they are calling it these days.

With my son, no problem with an Android based tablet even though he has an iTouch like every other kid and I think he actually is starting to prefer the Android OS Arnova to all his games!

My wife is not interested in learning any other OS besides iOS. In her defense she has also been running iPhones since the first preorder was offered on the iPhone "classic". I ended up going with the Verizon iPad through Apple for the same money and no contract as what I was eligible for on my Verizon account in the end.

Comment

Working...
    X