Need help creating ROM for the Velocity Micro Cruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help creating ROM for the Velocity Micro Cruz

Hey FreakTab. Okay so I'm here yet again asking for help, both in general and directly from Finlessbob or Dochoppy. So I have finally determined what I want in my new ROM "SOSA-Tab 1.0 Apricot" (or for Phones, SOSA 1.0 Apricot). Here are some of the features:

For the Nextbook Premium 7 and Velocity Micro Cruz T408:

1. Beats Audio
    2. Increased Graphics Quality
    3. Speed Tweaks
    4. Settings Tweaks Integration (Hoping to integrate bottom status bar BEFORE release, If anyone can help me with that it would be much appreciated)
    5. (NP7 only) Cover Flow Music Player

And the list goes on and on. I am not going to tell about the phone because that is not my mission at the moment. Right now I need some help building the ROM for the Velocity. I have rooted it, but I cannot integrate the root into a custom rom, or anything else for that matter. The tablet comes stock with a recovery image that allows you to flash the firmware downloaded off of the velocity cruz website in it. Here is my problem. I took out and added some stuff (namely superuser, an ereader app, etc.) and flashed in the recovery. My tablet is then sent into a bootloop and it wont work until I wipe the device via recovery and non of the stuff I added is integrated. The link provided to the site directly links you to the place where you download the firmware, for those that want to take a crack at looking at the rom, have fun. Its not in some funny file format like a cramfs or ext3 system image, its just in a ".tgz" (fancy zip file, use 7zip) and inside that is a ".tar" file (again just another fancy form of a zip file, use 7zip also). Here is how the directory is set up. please note that for each ">" that means that the file is inside the folder above it, for example:

vmcruz_t408_10312011.zip (The zip file from the website)
    >META-INF (META-INF is inside the zip)

HERE IS THE REAL DIRECTORY STUFF:

vmcruz_t408_10312011.zip
    >META-INF
    ->com
    -->android
    --->metadata
    ->google
    -->android
    --->update-binary
    --->updater-script
    ->CERT.RSA
    ->CERT.SF
    ->MANIFEST.MF
    >kernel.bin
    >recovery.img
    ->re
    >root.tgz
    ->root.tar
    ->root
    -->data
    -->dev
    -->proc
    -->sbin
    -->sys
    -->system
    -->tiwlan
    -->default.prop
    -->init
    -->init.goldfish.rc
    -->init.rc
    -->init.smdkv210.rc
    -->ueventd.goldfish.rc
    -->ueventd.rc
    -->ueventd.smdkv210.rc
    >uboot.bin
    ->uboot

For the sake of time I am not going to go too deep into the directories of the system folders, as anyone who has taken a crack at deving for android knows whats inside of them. Hope that doesn't look like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo, and like I said if you want to take a crack at it, just download the firmware from the website linked above. I also want to know (from anyone with experience in this like dochoppy or finlessbob) can I convert something to expand the apps space like you all did for the Nextbook Premium 7, because 523mb of space is cool and all, but (hating to sound oh so greedy) I want MORE lol, so if there is a possibility for that I would love some assistance. And one last thing, how do I change the splash image for it, there is no ".rle" file like there was for the nextbook, so help would be appreciated for that also.

Thanks Freaktab,
    Ognimnella

Supreme OS Android, coming spring 2012

When I get some time I can look at it but it appears based on the zip this is a totally different architecture from RK29 tablets. In other words it may not be really a complete ROM you flash to the tablet but is always a recovery loader. I have researched this setup a little but by no means am I an expert. Also not having the tablet makes it hard! I can do almost any RK29 now because I completely understand the architecture as I have a tablet like that! This style ROM I do not fully understand (yet).

Anyway I will look at this in a day or 2.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

OK a couple of tips for you.

1) After you unpack this, modify it, and rezip it. Are you ZIP aligning it? This is built like an APK and must be zip aligned.

2) I would have to do more studying on this style of ROM but META-INF and manafest means that it is signed. Thus my bet is it will need to be resigned. There are 2 ways to do this. a) Sign it using the APK tool and test keys and see if it works. b) Sign it then copy back over the original MET-INF folder and the manafest file into the new zip. Then again you need to zip align.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

looking for some tools to do so, I am , just like you, caught off by the format of this rom (I used to develop for the Mytouch Slide when I had one and it was SOMETHING like this, but not quite if that makes sense) because it is very different from rk2918 tablets, which I still havent mastered creating that ext3 img and loading my stuff in it to be honest lol, I just get stupid bootloops! but yeah, once I get this and the NP7 ext3 img stuff settled, I can begin developing my rom (I want it to be like CM7 or MIUI one day, just a dream of mine. Feel free to jump on board lol). but thanks again finless for the input

Comment

any pointers.???

Comment

Working...
          X