Vido (Yuandao) M10 RileyROM 1.0 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vido (Yuandao) M10 RileyROM 1.0 KitKat

This is a KitKat ROM, so you need to keep the loader checked the first time you flash it. If you decide to go back to a Jellybean ROM...you must first erase IDB from this ROM before flashing the Jellybean...and flash the loader for the Jellybean ROM (you are on your own for a Jellybean firmware to flash back to...either look on the Yuandao site, or do a ROM dump of your original firmware before you start, just look around for instructions here on FT).

I'm really needing someone with previous flashing experience to test this ROM. I don't own an M10, but I've made some working ROM's for Vido's other tablets...so theoretically, this one should work fine...but I won't know until someone flashes it to tell me. BEWARE THAT ROM TESTING ISN'T FOR A NOOB. If you aren't experienced, it's better to wait on some positive feedback from someone else, I just don't have time to hold your hand (not to be blunt...but it's the truth).

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d Support
    English Default
    Auto APK Install feature on first boot (read my thread on it in the Pipo section)
    TWRP Recovery
    2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12gb user app space options by flashing the desired parameter file (default is 4gb)
    Boot animation by Tattman65
    Reboot app by Petrus
    First Time User's Guide for flashing instructions and other tips
    Modules added for VPN support (not tested)
    Adjusted Wifi Power

If you would like future Vido support, please donate at the link in my signature...I use the funds to buy test devices...which are more expensive than the TV sticks.

Download

v
    1.1 is based on firmware for serial numbers AZ

Download
    Last edited by rrileypm; 05-24-2015, 17:40.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Hi Randy, this weekend I have tested your rom for a longer time. I think the wlan range is much better than stock. But I think the browser is not so smooth than stock and the battery is emty a little bit erlier. Are you able to do someting against this?

Thank you

I will test again an again.

Comment

Many thanks for this ROM. Installed it today and and is very happy with both the performances and the ROM itself. Will certainly use it as my daily driver for some time and will post any findings.

This is my first FT ROM and I am extremely impressed with the package including everything needed to flash it as well as a very good guide!

TWRP do work but the touch response is highly unpredictable so it takes some time to get it right...

The tablet itself is pretty good even if the Wi-Fi is not as good as my other devices. Probably the aluminum back cover has some influence? Had a quick look inside and the build quality looked ok but it was difficult to see the antenna layout.

Once again, Thanks!

Update 2014-05-07:

Installed updated generic TWRP 1920 x 1200 KitKat and that works fine!
      Last edited by Leifgg; 05-07-2014, 19:15.

Comment

Hey, thanks sooooo much for the feedback!!!!!!!!!

It's great to hear good news every now and then.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Leifgg View Post
          Many thanks for this ROM. Installed it today and and is very happy with both the performances and the ROM itself. Will certainly use it as my daily driver for some time and will post any findings.

This is my first FT ROM and I am extremely impressed with the package including everything needed to flash it as well as a very good guide!

TWRP do work but the touch response is highly unpredictable so it takes some time to get it right...

The tablet itself is pretty good even if the Wi-Fi is not as good as my other devices. Probably the aluminum back cover has some influence? Had a quick look inside and the build quality looked ok but it was difficult to see the antenna layout.

Once again, Thanks!

Update 2014-05-07:

Installed updated generic TWRP 1920 x 1200 KitKat and that works fine!
          What do you mean with generic TWRP 1280x1200 Kitkat whats new and where can find it?

Thanks Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Speedy@1098 View Post
            What do you mean with generic TWRP 1280x1200 Kitkat whats new and where can find it?

Thanks Daniel
            It can be found in thread "Unofficial TWRP 2.7.0.0 for RockchipĀ“s"

The problem with screen not updating has been fixed.

Comment

Very nice tablet, very nice ROM, but terrible WiFi Antenna

Is there anyone who know how I can tune the wifi Antenna of hist tab? I Like the Tab and the ROM, but the WiFi is not so good.

Thanks for your help.

Daniel

Comment

Vido is not known for the greatest wifi reception. I you open the back....you can check to see if the solder connection is good. There is a good thread outlining antenna mods in the main Pipo forum. I'm mobile...so I can't provide a link.

Sent from my ifive_mini_3GS using Tapatalk
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Did you find the link to antenna tuning ??

Sorry, found it, here you go:

Comment

Vido-M10-AZ with RileyROM

Hey guys I am looking for a custom FW for the Vido-M10-AZ. I believe there are at least two models, the Vido-M10-AZ and Vido-M10-ZZ. Does any one know which model version(s) RileyROM works on? or has anyone got it working on the Vido-M10-AZ model?. Great looking ROM by the specs would be great if I can use it.

Currently I have the Vido-M10-AZ upgraded to stock 4.4.2. The major problem with this ROM is the home UI screen is different to normal Android. The home app seems to be replaced with a different home app call VIDOUI which is not very nice at all and there seems to be no all programs access or a way to apply widgets.

Thanks and any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I made this ROM for the AZ model.

That's why I sort of quit doing Yuandao ROMs...I can't keep track of all of the serial number differences. Some models have 3 different firmware's for the same model of tablet. PITA!!!!!!!
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Hi Riley, i've installed ur ROM in my VIDO M10 AZ, it works, but have a big problem with the touch, it seem inverted...
                        For example i try to unlock the scren by swipe but cant do it, and the only thing i can do is to go in settings by swiping from left corner to right while the tablet is orizontal....
                        This way the tablet is useless...
                        What can i do?

Also, how i can install italian language?

Comment

The thing about Vido (Yuandao) firmware is that they change things mid production. Firmware for early versions isn't compatible with newer releases because they change parts, like touch screen panels. The only solution is to go to their firmware download site and get the firmware for the serial number series of your tablet. If you happen to find it, send me a link and I can make a ROM for your particular version.

This also happens alot when people send tablets back for repairs and they come back and custom ROM's don't work anymore...because they don't put back the exact same parts.

That is one of the risks of flashing custom ROM's, unfortunately.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Oh, and Italian language should be included in settings.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Hi Riley, just solved flashing the original firmware KitKat release from official, but i'm back on stock.... :-(
                              This is the link, this works : http://www.solidfiles.com/d/28560c1d...0140630-AZ.rar
                              I'll love it if u develop a custom ROM for this firmware, ur ROMs are great!
                              Let me know about it!
                              Thanks a lot and can't wait for a new release!

Greatings from Italy!

PS: going to ad a little donation if u develop a working ROM fo this chinese piece of.... ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X