Universal bluetooth keyboard with touchpad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal bluetooth keyboard with touchpad

Hey guys. Just thought I'd share a few pics of the keyboard I've been using. Pretty pricey in comparison to some of the simpler ones, but meh - I was intrigued.

The keyboard works really well, is really responsive and is easy to type on (much easier than my old Asus Transformer TF101). Obviously it's smaller than a standard keyboard so it takes a little getting used to. The pop out number pad works as a touch pad for the onscreen mouse pointer. It is definitely not brilliant, but it does the job. It theoretically has multi-touch support too (ie. 2 finger swipe to change move left/right through home screens), and while it does work, this is a bit hit and miss.

Bluetooth connection is easy, one simple button. Charging is through a micro USB port and can be charged via a PC/laptop or a simple wall adaptor.

Battery life seems reasonable (used it for a few hours without running out) - I haven't tested it's max. life yet.

The build quality is OK - it's made from lightweight plastic with a thin layer of brushed aluminium looking material glued on top (I think it might just be plastic though). This layer came away slightly at a couple of spots, but was easy enough to stick back down.

And finally, under the popup flap it even contains a small bluetooth USB dongle in case the device doesn't have bluetooth built in.

Overall, not a bad little keyboard. It's really light and not a hassle to pop in the bag, and will be really convenient if anyone is wanting to type longish documents on their tablet.

Cheers,

Jason

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000696.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	438162Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000694.jpg
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	438160Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000695.jpg
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	438161Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000697.jpg
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	438163Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000699.jpg
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	438164Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000700.jpg
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	438165Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000701.jpg
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	438166

Forgot to provide links...

Alibaba: http://zoeban.en.alibaba.com/product...time&edm_ver=e

I emailed these guys and they quoted me US$47 per unit.

****: http://www.****.com.au/itm/280863692...ht_3029wt_1151

More expensive, but faster postage I think.

Comment

Working...
    X