Yuandao N90S RileyRom 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the link to the download thread and the latest ROM for the N90S.

This ROM is now v1.5b:

I have added parameter files to allow for 2,3,4, or 5gb user app space.

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!

This ROM is based on the January/2013 official Yuandao Firmware Release. It is Rooted with Ext4 file system, dbloated, init.id support.

There are some new features with this ROM that are yet to be utilized, so I'll release an update when Bob has a chance to look and test the Rockchip Mirror feature. Otherwise, you will notice greater screen stability, and a faster charging process (according to Yuandao).

Thanks to 900SuperSport for taking me through the whole process of creating a custom ROM. Thanks to Finless Bob for his advice. Thanks to Tattman65 for a great boot animation. Thanks, also, to Snakekiller for providing the UI mods for this ROM.

Also, thanks to Eric at Geekbuying.com for providing the tablet for me to test this ROM:

Please follow the readme.txt file for more information and flashing instructions.

I have noticed that using the external buttons to get into flash mode rarely ever work. Before flashing, make sure USB Debugging is turned off and plug your tablet into your PC. Run the flash app and boot into flash mode by clicking the app button, that works almost 100%. Be sure and erase IDB, and watch to make sure the erase finishes all the way. If not, check your USB connection or try a different cable. Then flash the ROM. The erase IDB should count all the way to 2048...if not, it isn't erased.

If somehow you get stuck and can't get the flash app to reboot into flash mode for you...follow these steps to manually get into flash mode:

1. Unplug the power cord from the tablet.
    2. Plug in the microUSB to the tablet only, not to the PC yet.
    3. Power down the tablet by holding the power button until it goes off.
    4. Press and hold the volume + button on the side of the tablet.
    5. While still holding the volume + button...plug the USB cable into your PC.
    6. Your tablet will boot into flash mode and the flash tool should recognize it.

Once flashed, you will boot first into Recovery, which will format the user data space/internal sd card. Next, you will boot the system. Let it boot all the way the first time. Before doing anything else, reboot one more time. Then, you can go through the process of getting your tablet back to normal.

I have done some extensive testing with the apps I use, and with the Google Play Store APP, and I have found that everything I have tested works fine. If there is something you use that you find will not work, please post on this thread, and we can work on it for you.

One thing I have been trying to do with this ROM is successfully install CWM Recovery, but I'm not there yet...but rather than delay the release and give me some more time to play with it, I decided to post it with the stock recovery. When I get it working 100%, I'll post an update.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 08-30-2013, 00:55.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

1.5a Update

This ROM is now v1.5b:

I have added parameter files to allow for 2,3,4, or 5gb user app space.

Since I released this ROM...I haven't stopped working on it. In fact, there are several more things I would like to do with it.

I've done enough work over the past week that I would like to offer an update. You can download it from the same screen on the link above.

This 15a update includes removal of the chinese logo on boot and CWM Recovery.

The readme file contains details, but on first boot, you will go into CWM Recovery...don't pay attention to the error messages at the bottom. Just press Reboot System.

On first boot, you will be prompted to format the SD Storage...do this immediately before you do anything else. Once that is done, from the app drawer press the Reboot app and reboot to recovery.

On reboot to the CWM screen, all of the errors will be gone, and you can now start using CWM Recovery.

At this point, I would just reboot to system and begin installing stuff.

This version only has 1gb of app space (I'm working on an alternative parameter file you can flash for the 2gb)

As you have likely read on Freaktab, RK3066 devices have an external sd card corruption problem. In order to prevent corruption of your SD card with all your backups, I suggest you format it to NTFS from your PC. CWM doesn't work with NTFS, so your CWM backups can be made to the internal storage and then copied to external for safety (you can copy it back to the internal if you need to do a restore).

Comments I'm getting by PM are positive on my ROM. I have heard and experienced a lag in returning from sleep mode. I'm looking into that problem. So far it is the only reported to me.

Enjoy
    Last edited by rrileypm; 08-30-2013, 00:53.
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Hi. I'm interested in installing this rom on my N90S because I've installed the TNT rom and, although it's pretty good, I've been getting some issues with it. Just one question. What do you mean when you say this rom only has 1gb of memory for apps?

Comment

It has been a while since I updated this ROM. I have learned so much about cooking ROMs since this one came out.

How much app space would you like? I can make a parameter file to expand the 1gb.

Randy
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

I'm a bit of a newb in this so I'm not certain what designated space to apps mean.. Does it mean I can only install that much space with apps? After searching information about the rom I currently use, I think it's 2gb (more information here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/5478...nt-release-1b/). Also does it have the mod for more compatibily on the google store?

Comment

There isn't much difference between his and mine.

Yes that is the alotted space for apps.

I have included Google Play Store fixes.

Randy
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Ok so the partition space for the apps is normally 2gb on this tablet? If so can you create a rom with that space? Also, I just want to thank you for your help and fast responses. That's really rare to find in the internet these days

Comment

This was one of my first ROMs. I need to do a little updating to it.

I don't have time today, but stay tuned. In the next few days, I will put out an update.

Stay tuned.

Randy
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Ok thank you.

Comment

After getting a request, I have updated this ROM for the N90S with new parameter files to expand the user app space.

Just follow the link in post #1 to download.

This tablet only comes with 8gb NAND flash and the system takes up about 1gb, so the larger you make the user app space...the less internal SD memory you have to store data. Normally, I go up to 8gb on my ROM's...but this time I'm giving choices of 2,3,4, or 5gb user app space.

All you need to do is:

1. Run the Flash Tool
                    2. On the parameter line, click on the little box to the right and browse to the FinlessROM folder and select the parameter with the number for the size (in GB) you wish to flash
                    3. Erase IDB (you will need to do this because you are remapping all of the memory locations.
                    4. Make sure all items are checked (except the loader)
                    5. Flash the ROM

Enjoy!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Thank you for this Riley. Gonna try this right away. Just a question: when you say to choose the parameter I have the options parameter, parameter 3 and so on. Can I assume that the one called only parameter (without number) is the 2 gb one? Also, does this rom has the fix for the google play store (more app compatibility)?

Comment

This is the same ROM, just with the parameter choices. The default parameter file is 2gb.

I made the standard Google Play Store fixes with the existing ROM. Let me know how it goes for you.

Randy
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

I've installed it and everything is ok. I'm still testing but I can already say that it's very stable and I think it consumes less battery. This rom has less compatibility with some apps in the google play store when compared with the tnt rom that I had (that one tricks the system saying the tablet it's a galaxy tab or galaxy S II, I think) but that's a small thing.
                          So far so good

Comment

I tried going all out with the Galaxy tricking, but users complained their settings showed a different tablet than they actually had...I got so many complaints about that one change, I decided to revert to my old way...which isn't as good.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Help with N90S

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              I tried going all out with the Galaxy tricking, but users complained their settings showed a different tablet than they actually had...I got so many complaints about that one change, I decided to revert to my old way...which isn't as good.

I'm looking for some help here. I have a factory version of the N90S and would like to install your latest ROM. WHat tools do I need and what are the steps are needed to complete the ROM flash.

THanks

Comment

Working...
                              X