No announcement yet.

Yuandao N90S RileyRom 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a really long time since I made this ROM, but I think there is a readme file or a First Time User's Guide located in the zip.

The flash tool is provided in the ROM kit.

If you have already flashed factory firmware, you should already have the correct drivers loaded on your PC...so all you have to do is connect your tablet to your PC and run the flash tool.

Make sure your tablet has USB debugging turned off in developer settings.

The flash tool should see your table in "Mass Storage Mode". If it does, just press the reboot to flash button and the tablet will boot to "Loader Mode".

You will need to erase IDB (which will erase the whole tablet, all apps/data will be lost...so you may want to back up important files to your external SD. Also, anything you have saved to your internal SD will be erased.)

After erase IDB is finished, click "Flash ROM" and the ROM will flash and your tablet will reboot when finished.
    On first boot, you go into recovery. Let it format all of the partitions. Then it should reboot to system. First boot may take a while to complete, so be patient.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

As I get time, tomorrow...I will make a new ROM with the firmware. I'm having to download it again on a very slow connection, tonight...but I will post it sometime tomorrow.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Here is v1.6 to test:

Download

This ROM is based on the same firmware, but with many more tweaks I've added since I did this one.

One new feature is TWRP recovery...installed after first boot. Just wait a minute or two to install, and use the Reboot app to reboot to recovery to check it out.

Also, if you have apps you wish to install on first boot (apps only, no data) just copy the apk files into a folder named "autoinstall" on your external SD card. Make sure there are no spaces in the file names, though...or they won't install.

If it works, OK...let me know!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!!
        Last edited by rrileypm; 07-08-2014, 01:07.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

flashing a factory N90s

I have never flashed this tablet before so I do not have the drivers you reference below. Is there a step by step process posted somewhere and a list of required files and where to get them?

I've only flashed a tablet by putting a ROM package on the SD card and starting the tablet and it flashed itself. I have no experience using a PC to flash a tablet.
          Thanks

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          Here is v1.6 to test:

This ROM is based on the same firmware, but with many more tweaks I've added since I did this one.

One new feature is TWRP recovery...installed after first boot. Just wait a minute or two to install, and use the Reboot app to reboot to recovery to check it out.

Also, if you have apps you wish to install on first boot (apps only, no data) just copy the apk files into a folder named "autoinstall" on your external SD card. Make sure there are no spaces in the file names, though...or they won't install.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Comment

ROM 1.6 link not working

The download link for v1.6 is broken

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            Here is v1.6 to test:

Enjoy!!!!!!

Comment

Here you go, sorry:

Download
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

I'm very aprreciate your work, you have made my Poor Tablet much more Usable
                But after try using Riley Room 1.6 i have some problems, i just flash the rom for 1 time so i'm not sure if reflash will solve the problem but here the bugs:
                -the home button on the navigation bar don't work (can press but nothing happen)
                -Notification does not respond (yeah it shows up but i can't interact with it)
                And the internal memory is 4GB thus the internal sdcard just has 2.74GB though i use the default parameter, for me it's a little anoyed because of not having enough space for Videos and Music, i will use the parameter2 next time !
                Finally, Though i'm not using this tablet anymore, Big tks for you !!
                (Sr 4 my suck English if i use the wrong words ><)

Comment

Custom ROM

Hi rrileypm,
                  Just have installed v.1.5b on my N90S and looks great!
                  Tonight will use my tablet so later on will give my review.

Also which version is better now, 1.5b or 1.6?

Thank you for your hard work!

Cheers,

Comment

I can't seem to remember which was best. I no longer have an N90S.

Sent from my P1 using Tapatalk
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Hi,

I really like your v1.5b ROM, looks great.

• Charging icon works fine as in my previous stock ROM was showing always 7-8% even after several hours of charging.
                      • Android works faster, and specially stock browser, chrome still is 'unusable' on this cheap device

But found some issue, using any video player with 'Play in Background' option ON, when screen is off it stops after exactly 3 minutes. It doesn't on music players but video players only.

As there is no Task Manager and auto-end list where usually we can add apps to close, how can i solve this problem? On stock ROM it works fine btw.

Thank you.

Comment

That was one of my first ROMs...and I can't remember what I removed when I was debloating.

It's funny how you can change one thing, and a problem can crop up somewhere else.

Little things like which Superuser app you are using can make a difference.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Working...
                        X