Yuandao N70S RileyROM 1.6 [Feedback]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ROM is based on the official Yuandao firmware released on 6/5/2013.

Included in this ROM:

Root
    Debloat
    Ext4 file system
    init.d support
    Your choice of stock recovery or CWM recovery
    2, 4, 6 or 8 gb user app space (you get to pick)
    Google Play Store fixes

Thanks to Tattman65 for his great boot art
    Thanks to Fun for his CWM Recovery
    Thanks to Petrus for his Reboot app

Follow this link to the download page:

Download

If this is the first time you are flashing one of our ROM's, you may encounter some challenges in installing Windows drivers. Please download this First Time User Guide to help you throught he process:

Download

Please feel free to post questions or comments about this ROM here.

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 07-13-2013, 21:20.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

hi,
    didn't tried your rom but downloaded it and have the idea that maybe you used 22/01 FW because of the build.prop date.

Also the n70S only was a version with 8GB of nand. The n70 was 2 versions of 8 and 16GB.

On another note this FW is compatible with the n70SQ version and the newer n70S with the serial number starting with zz00......

Great work.
    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

This was based on the 6/5 release. They must not have changed the date. I didn't look.

Randy
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Hi! I'm using your rom and I like it, but I modified it a bit in my tablet.
        I think you can make it better, if you will add those lines to build.prop:
        Code:
        debug.sf.hw=1
        windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150
        debug.performance.tuning=1
        video.accelerate.hw=1
        ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
        And you can disable ads, by using this host file: http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt

After that, my tablet started to work faster, and "Antutu" showing 12399 (instead 9144 earlier).

Anyway, thank you for your work

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will make those changes.

Randy
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

How do you implement that host.txt file? Where does it go? Do you need to do anything else to activate it?
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by migs View Post
              Hi! I'm using your rom and I like it, but I modified it a bit in my tablet.
              I think you can make it better, if you will add those lines to build.prop:
              Code:
              debug.sf.hw=1
              windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150
              debug.performance.tuning=1
              video.accelerate.hw=1
              ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
              And you can disable ads, by using this host file: http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt

After that, my tablet started to work faster, and "Antutu" showing 12399 (instead 9144 earlier).

Anyway, thank you for your work
              debug.sf.hw=1 - Makes android render GUI with GPU, there's an option in Settings for this

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec –
              As the name implies, this property specifies how quickly the system is allowed to process certain events before throttling occurs. Specifically, this property is used by the InputDispatcher when processing screen touch and movement events. This value will really only come in to play with extremely rapid touch events, such as swiping or scrolling. The default value for this property is 90, and Google explains why:
              // This number equates to the refresh rate * 1.5. The rate should be at least// equal to the screen refresh rate. We increase the rate by 50% to compensate for// the discontinuity between the actual rate that events come in at (they do// not necessarily come in constantly and are not handled synchronously).// Ideally, we would use Display.getRefreshRate(), but as this does not necessarily// return a sensible result, we use '60' as our default assumed refresh rate.result = 90;

Many build.prop tweaks set this value to 300, but it seems this is a bad idea. As Google points out, Android maxes out at 60fps. The default value is already allow for a possible max_events_per_sec of 90. Even if you allow for 300 max_events_per_sec, you’ll only ever see 60 of these events in any given second. Therefore, any value much higher than 90 is unlikely to have any noticeable impact on your experience in general. Additionally, setting this value too high can starve other UI events that need to get processed, viz. touch inputs. You’re not likely to feel like your device is running very smoothly when it is busy processing thousands of scroll events instead of responding immediately to you clicking to try and open a link or an app. There may be some specific scenarios where increasing this value does appear to improve system feedback, but changing this value for all UI events across the board will likely cause more problems than it will solve

debug.performance.tuning=1 -
              This property doesn’t appear to exist in the ICS code base. Incidentally, I also don’t see it in Gingerbread (2.3.6). It’s possible this value is specific to only certain custom implementations of Android, such as Cyanogenmod, but as far as I can tell, this one does nothing.
              video.accelerate.hw=1 -
              Again, this one appears to do nothing in ICS.
              ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0 -
              These properties are usually lumped into the general “make things run faster” tweak category. First, let me say that ro.kernel.checkjni does not exist and will do nothing. However, setting either dalvik.vm.checkjni to “true” or ro.kernel.android.checkjni to 1 will enable JNI Extended Checking:

Just some things i read. If it wasn't working in ICS i don't believe it will work in JB. Just my opinion.

While searching deeper into build.prop tweaks, I came across this article. It was originally posted in Jeff Mixon's blog. At the moment the whole site is inaccessible, so it probably is a good idea to have it in full here (thanks to Google...

I have a n70s, and my antutu scores, still with the Stock Rom from December was 12173.

And now it's much better.

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              How do you implement that host.txt file? Where does it go? Do you need to do anything else to activate it?
              This will be a good add-on.
              Put it in etc/hosts.txt and give permissions 0,0,644.
              if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
              then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
              $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Yeah....I have read the same article before. I was just curious about that host file. I found it in etc/.

I need to play with it before I use it in a ROM. I really don't have problems with ads in the apps I use.

Randy
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

abdul_pt, thank you for your post. May be you are right about the false tweaks - I'm just tried some of the available in the internet (those, that I felt I need), and it worked for me.
                  I can do my research - what tweak really increased the speed of my device, but yes, it worked like magic
                  On the stock rom I've seen 9200 in antutu, on this rom, I've seen 9144, and after the build.prop changes - I see 12399, and the reaction of the device to closing and opening apps is seems to be a bit faster, but it can be just placebo...

Comment

I love the rom mate, but i have 1 problem that exists in the latest official firmware.
                    I installed both of them on my moms tablet and when she launches candy crush the game crashes after a few seconds.

Comment

thanks for the rom - installed yesterday - but can i do something to use usb otg hub ? otg pendrive works , hub is being detected but anything past hub is not - some drivers missing?

Comment

Here's what I'm getting with hub connected to the tablet. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-22-10-23-31.png
Views:	72
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	501949 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-22-10-23-06.png
Views:	66
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	501950

Comment

Yes, it appears Yuandao didn't include any OTG device drivers in the kernel/system. While it is possible to install those drivers...you have to get the correct ones for the version of Android in this ROM. I'm afraid that would be difficult, since this is such an old version of Android. Since I included init.d support, if you can find the drivers...you can run them with a script that insmod's them at bootup. Google has plenty of information on writing the scripts, and you might even be able to find the correct drivers for your hub. They are usually specific to the brand/model of the external device, though.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

thank u for reply - i never did something like that...just installed roms with instructions...where should i look for these drivers ? is this a file to copy somewhere or do i need to play coder myself? is this somehow similar to installing things under windows ?

Comment

You have to find the exact drivers for the OTG device you have...compiled to the RK3066 kernel. That's like finding a needle in a haystack.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X