This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuandao N101 RileyROM 2.0 [Feedback]

It has been a REALLY long time since Yuandao has released a firmware update for the N101. In fact, I think they got it right on the last one because there have not been many complaints.

On 6/26/13, Yuandao released an updated for the N70S, which is the N101's little brother and I created a custom ROM for it. This week, I decided to flash the N70S ROM on my N101 and it worked very well and was very smooth. I've been testing it for a few days and decided to release this as a RileyROM update.

Another reason for this release is that the N101 was technically my first ROM to ever produce, and I have learned soooooo much since that first ROM. Hense a new N101 RileyROM version 2.0.

This ROM is rooted, with init.d support, Google Play Store fixes, your choice of either 2gb, 4gb, 6bg or 8gb user app space, and a new Tattman65 bootanimation to freshen it all up.

Also included in this kit is a First Time User's Guide which explains the flashing process in detail (with pictures) to hopefully prevent headaches in the flash process.

Here is the link to the download page:

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!

Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Great stuff Riley I will flash this baby this weekend, thankyou for your continued support for this tablet, without you and your efforts many of us would be left in the dark
    with our N101,s 😊

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Tapatalk
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    </form>

Comment

Sure thing, Damo...I wonder if Bob will try it on his...if he can get out of bed...poor guy.

I'm amazed that although this was one of the first 3066 tablets, it still runs quite well and smooth.

I'm not opposed to adding any more bells and whistles to this...like VPN support and Gameloft fixes if there is a demand. For now, I just want to get a good baseline with this ROM configuration and see if everyone else has the same good experience with it.

Really, what I'm trying to do is update this thing to the max, and trade my Dad for his N70S. The 7" tablet suits his needs, but I think he needs something bigger...he's 75 and is a little shakey.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Great Rom Riley, flashed the rom no problem, very fast and the screen and the screen scrolling is smooth

Well Done Man
        Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
        <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
        <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
        <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
        </form>

Comment

Glad to hear it works well for you!!!!!!!!
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Hi everyone

flashed kernel 135 with no problems , from previous ICS. Was very smooth/fast, seen no other problems other than the phantom touches, which got pretty bad at one point with playstore so I decided to to give kernel 123 a try. First impressions are good. I think kernel 135 was faster/smoother. Anyone else have the same impression?

The only thing I did not like was that my N101 now appears as n70-s. I also noticed that the "galactic core" live wallpaper is no longer "compatible with my device". Any Idea why that is?

I tried to flash your 1.9 firmware too, but no larger system memory is a deal breaker for me. I went with 8gb this time. Will the parameterX.txt files from 2.0 work on 1.9?

Thanks Randy, keep up the good work

Comment

Yuandao N101 RileyROM 2.0 [Feedback]

The parameter from 2.0 should work with the 1.9 version. 1.9 was my VERY FIRST ROM, so I hadn't started doing those parameter options (I had a real learning block on that...it took me months to figure it out).

For 2.0 I didn't change the build prop to N101. Sorry, I overlooked that. I will take another look and see if I can adjust the screen resolution...or maybe use the build.prop from v1.9.

Since you have root, you might be able to do this yourself. It will be a few days before I can get to it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Randy
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Re: Yuandao N101 RileyROM 2.0 [Feedback]

Ive lost the settings option for Bluetooth.
                Ive tried adding in permissions tablet hardware using ES file manager but it won't let me save the file (there is a Bluetooth.xml and a handheld permissions file referencing Bluetooth but as the Bluetooth option isn't there in settings I presume its the hardware file that needs the line adding?)

Agree , would be nice to have N101T id when you get a chance.

Also tablet is taking days to charge. Anyone else having this problem?

Finally, didn't see the option to choose data partition size on install.

None of these are gripes just feedback from my end...

Comment

I have also been experiencing the battery charging problem...after several days of not using it...I tried to turn it on and found no battery charge at all. I left it plugged in all night and this morning it was only 78%.

I'm thinking that porting the N70SQ firmware to this tablet wasn't such a good idea.

If you rely on bluetooth, I would suggest flashing the 1.9 ROM.

I'm still researching this battery problem.

It is still fun to play around with this stuff, though. Side effects seem to crop up gradually.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

OK mate. Will do
                    Yes we rely on bluetooth because the tip of the headphones somehow broke off in the headphone socket.

1.9? I guess it just goes to show how seemingly similar architecture can give such different results I suppose
                    Thanks again

Comment

Don't get me wrong...I'm not giving up.

I am going to try to get at lease bluetooth working on this ROM...and look into the battery thing.

Finless and I have been talking about a plan to fix this ROM.

In the meantime...for daily use, I recommend flashing the 1.9 version...it has been stable for a very long time.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

OK...battery problem solved...I think.

All you have to do is flash the boot.img from my 1.9 ROM.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Nope...false alarm. I'm reflashing to 1.9 just so I can charge the battery.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using Tapatalk 2
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

I did as you suggested and reverted back to 1.9 Bluetooth and charging are now fine!

Comment

Can not download ...

I'm sorry for that I can not downloading "Yuandao N101 RileyROM 2.0", when I click Download.

Comment

Working...
                              X